Author Topic: The official Diaspora eyecandy thread  (Read 390244 times)

Re: The official Diaspora eyecandy thread
honestly my brother, Im speechless.  :)
Frak.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
DaBrain seems to have taken it into his head that you haven't seen enough of the Bolitho and took a bunch of pictures of it. Somehow I suspect you'll probably agree he was correct. ;)

He also took a few pictures mainly showcasing our new WIP explosions. They're still not done yet but they look pretty enough to show you.

Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Fish

• Nugget
Very, very nice :)

2 inane thoughts:
* Wouldn't the Bolitho spin around crazily whilst firing those relatively massive guns? :P
* I want the weapon that gives the 'explosion' in the last picture! ;)
<><

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

My God, that's astounding.

I hope you've still got DaBrain's awesome blue-flare nuke detonation? The one that looks like the nukes from the show?

Those shots are utterly stunning, amazing work!

The models look so incredibly solid.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I hope you've still got DaBrain's awesome blue-flare nuke detonation? The one that looks like the nukes from the show?

Yep. We do.

Offline Deckard

• DECK-A-R&D
Wellf.. I've to admitf thaft I'mf drooflingf abfundantly sfo it'sf difficult to tfalk... veryf imprefed, infdeed

P.S: Hopef thifs effect sftops soonf , damnf it! ;)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 05:49:23 am by Deckard »
-------------------------------
Deckard a.k.a The Silencer

Really amazing looking screens...just great work. I especially like the one with the basestar in the foreground, and an explosion in the distance; looks like it could be pre-rendered.

Offline Snagger

Incredible!  The explosions are especially good.  If you can find a way of giving the MkII's canopy a touch more transparency, then this is almost as good as the show,and seen in motion will be stunning. :eek2:

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The canopy isn't transparent cause there's no pilot in there yet and we don't want that to be completely obvious :p When the pilot is added the canopy will be changed. :D

ummm....let me just put it this way. PLACEHOLDERS??? :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: Is that possible? Great job guys!
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
While we're nitpicking, is there any way to make the missile trails bigger and richer?

Offline Shade

ummm....let me just put it this way. PLACEHOLDERS???
Do note that we're only showing placeholders that are passably good looking. We have a few real uglies as well that you won't see until the finished versions :D

While we're nitpicking, is there any way to make the missile trails bigger and richer?
Yeah, those are going to be replaced. Along with a host of other placeholder effects we're using right now.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
These images are just glorious.  How can you wanna shoot something that's so beautiful?  If you don't make the models at least a tiny bit sucky I won't be able to hit anything.  Throw me a frakkin' bone, here.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
* I want the weapon that gives the 'explosion' in the last picture! ;)

Sorry, this is the wrong franchise for creating stars ;)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Deckard

• DECK-A-R&D
By the way ( and now more than less seriously ) those engine glows do look very promising. BTW, the moddb's video has been taken in-game?.

Offline Shade

No, that was prerendered to show off the ship some time before we got the model in-game. And in my opinion it actually looks better in game than in that video (and looking at DaBrain's screenshots I suspect you'll agree :)).
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Deckard

• DECK-A-R&D
Yup, the Bolitho looks awesome ;) . Those grey smoke trails looks good too, although the fater/denser they get rendered in the game then the better, IMHO.. :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 09:39:07 am by Deckard »

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
My first thought was " hey cool new screens, but why would they pre-render a scene...?", 'cause the Bolli screenshots looks like taken from a CGI scene.
And the new explosion... :eek2:

Offline Adalla

• So Say We All!
    • Adalla Productions
Fantastic screens.

My favorite are the red planet with that bomb-like ship on the foreground. That planet ROCKS! Perfect texturing and modeling/lighting, whoever did that, I worship you :P

Second favorite shot, is the Mark 7 flying toward an exploding Base Star. Those explosions look different than all other explosions. They look just like the ones from the show. Are those in-game or pre-rendered?

Finally, the Mark II looks goregous, except I feel the cockpit windows are too dark. They need to be more transparent and show the interior of the cockpit more :P

But really fantastic work guys. I cant wait to see some Battlestars! What's the word on those?