Author Topic: tales of janus 2.  (Read 9481 times)

Offline LeGuille

• Formerly known as Rejindo
  • I made a box for you! Now, think outside of it.
I'd love to look at it. I don't what I can do with it, but I can ask around.
4 "Beware of the truth.... Although much sought after, truth can be dangerous to the seeker." -- God-Emperor Leto II, God Emperor of Dune

Offline starlord

If fredders might be able to take interest in this, it could be worth their while. any ideas leguille?

Offline Miburo

• The Janus
    • Tales of EAS Janus
 :wtf:

Anyway I have been thinking a while to make Janus 1 compatiable with current TBP release and I would be intrested to work on second part too if there is somebody that is willing to tag team on it. I do not have proper time or memory (also knowledge) anymore to handle all SCP stuff releated on mission making.

Biggest problem however is my time, I have to balance it all with RL and my ArmA project that is more important than getting this done. So you see in order to get something really released I would need somebodys help on it. If anybody is intrested send me PM or rather e-mail (jutikka@[NOSPAM]hotmail.com).

Its up to you, folks.
Lady Rose, survivor of VWBB with 1198 post, lost somewhere along the line

Creator of Tale of EAS Janus campaign
Mod leader of FWW2 - Finland At War 1939-1945 for Armed Assault

Offline starlord

nice of you to drop by miburo. ;)

Any fredders willing to help with janus? (perhaps leguille or carbine7?).

Also, miburo, I would advise you to stop the janus series with part 2 being the end (part 2 is definately one of the best). Also, I suggest you make that female antagonist captain in part 2 die, instead of fleeing, as per was your intention, so as to clearly mark the end. Of course, that's my point of view only...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 07:36:18 am by starlord »

My FREDding probably isn't what you're looking for, but I can help organize, work on the story, and store backup files
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline starlord

Good. Anyone else? Perhaps you leguille?

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
This might be a good opportunity for some new FRED talent to step up to the plate. You have a campaign here that's 95% written. It just needs some tweaking.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Miburo

• The Janus
    • Tales of EAS Janus
Well at this point I am quite willing to take any help in order to get something done, now if I am doing this in first place. It rides pretty much on other FREDers. Otherwise making this would take 'til kingdom come. I really don't have time to do it myself.

And yes, this will be final Janus if there is going to be one.

Offline starlord

so is there any news regarding janus 2? Who precisely would be willing to fred that campaign? did carbine7 and leguille come up with persons interested by it?

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
Who will want to FRED Janus 2 if he doesn't play Janus 1 yet ? I think it is better do discuss on Janus 2 when Jenus 1 is already finished for TBP 3.4
TBP's apprentice FREDDER.

Campaign in development:
Guardian of Light (Demo state)(Download DEMO here)
The First Invasion - Part 1 (Planning Concept)

Single Mission :
Human-Narn First Contact (Download here)

Offline starlord

I myself, precisely thought the contrary:

Since janus 1 is done (even in a quite ancient version) the interest initiated by making a new campaign (janus 2) might then spawn the willing by fans in remaking janus 1 for the current builds...

of course I might be wrong...

Offline Miburo

• The Janus
    • Tales of EAS Janus
Now the thing with Janus part one workout for TBP 3.4 is that I still do not have time for it, especially since it needs propably quite a lot retouching to make it SCP and TBP3.4 capable. I would love to do this, but my other mod takes pretty much every single minute I have on computer leaving zero time for Janus, if I make it alone it propably wont be patched before 2010  :(

Offline starlord

In that case we could use some junior fredders here to create their first campaign under TBP while being under guidance from professionally written scripts.

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
Hi Miburo,
So you are the famous Lady Rose who wrote the FRED tutorial in FRED2 ? This was my first lesson of FRED very impressive and informative I always wonder why the writer does not present here in this forum until now I know YOU ARE LADY ROSE OMG too cool !!!!

Back to the subject : I myself (and many people) have not had the chance to play Janus 1 yet. I tried to play it in TBP3.4 and from mission 4 it stopped working. So even if I want to help you making Janus 2 (can say I'm a junior FREDDER), the point is that I have no clue what has happened in Janus 1. Not a simple problem you know.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 08:29:07 am by darkmaster »

Campaign in development:

Single Mission :

Offline starlord

from what I understand, janus 1 and 2 are quite independant (despite the fact that you serve on the same ship).

Janus 1 tels the tale of the janus during the earth minbari war and janus 2 evokes a plot formented I a rogue terran force to destroy the newly instaured earth minbari peace.

Since miburo made the scripts, you can expect a high level campaign. :nod:

so would you wish to try fredding part 2? if this is done, it's only a matter of time before the fans decide to upgrade part 1.

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
Me ? Alone ?

Campaign in development:

Single Mission :

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
So you still expect people who haven't played Janus 1 to put time into making a Janus 2?  :rolleyes:
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline starlord

No, not alone  :D

Carbine7 and leguille proposed their help! there may be others also.

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
So you still expect people who haven't played Janus 1 to put time into making a Janus 2?  :rolleyes:

That is the point, IP. :yes:
Give us Janus 1 first please  :D

Campaign in development:

Single Mission :

Offline starlord

miburo, for us not being able to run janus 1, do you have a detailed mission script to give us like part 2?