Author Topic: Those special FreeSpace moments...  (Read 46411 times)

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
Re: Those special FreeSpace moments...
[snip] You can't retire from a fight until you've single handedly won the war! Running is for Kappa wing.
Getting lost in nebulae is for Kappa wing. :p
Alright guys. I get the idea.  :sigh:

Anyways, when Kappa returns in that mission you have to save the Aquitaine in.

First time I cried was the loss of the Psamtik. I did not see that coming. The most epic moment for me was the destruction of the Colossus. I cried quite a bid there. I did not want to play the rest of the campaign. Then when I let all the civilians die in the Capella evacuation I cried again.

For a game to make me cry three times, thats quite impressive.

I only cried one other time and that was in one of BR's campaigns,  can't remember which,
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
No it dusnt. It reappears in "A Game of TAG" when you're tagging the Shivans with the Lucidity and Warspite providing AWACS and fire support (respectively).

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
No it dusnt. It reappears in "A Game of TAG" when you're tagging the Shivans with the Lucidity and Warspite providing AWACS and fire support (respectively).

I stand corrected, Its been a while.
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline Krelus

I'd like to add a "special moment." In "Derelict," when you see the first Shivans, Mackie's "Oh sh*t" is done so perfectly and in a way that mirrors exactly what I was thinking at that time. I was having fun sitting by the Nyar's fighterbay popping in an Infyrno every time a wing of Taurvis spawned... Cheaply effective.

Offline MC_Kejml

• Drinks Kool-aid
Yeah, that was also pretty surprising. It's however sad that command didn't give a damn whether Kappa 3 returned or not, I had the same results even when it was destroyed by shivans or warped out.

To think I SO WANTED to rescue Kappa at those times  :doubt:

All I have to say is: command :no:

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Commander Command is as idiot
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Odd Writings

• Cannon fodder
A new one from us overhere...

...Got to love the tutorial from the Babylon Project. It is a hoot. The voice acting and the dialogue just hit the mark perfectly.
>>; I managed to get minuses on kills...that be bad, right?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
No, he just has a hidden motive and doesn't give a crap about an "insignificant'' pilot.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
No, he just has a hidden motive and doesn't give a crap about an "insignificant'' pilot.

Yes. 'Command is an idiot' ignores everything going on behind the scenes.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I only cried one other time and that was in one of BR's campaigns,  can't remember which,
Probably "Homesick", when you have to leave your corvette behind in the node and get out before it collapses.  I guess its because you were so close and had kept it alive through the entire campaign, only to have to save your own skins and let it be destroyed.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Didn't something like that happen in Sync or Transcend?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 09:16:19 pm by General Battuta »

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
The nice thing about Derelict is that there's a smart-mouth around to make things funnier. I like the way Mackie said, "Sorry." in the first mission.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Mackie has to be the greatest FS fan character ever...His attitude and comebacks are hilarious as his his never ending vendetta against duct

His profile on the Derelict site gives the reason why he was transfered to Tau Sigma...Its rather amusing

Mackie somehow managed to speak raw vasudan (Vasudan with out using a translator). How he did so and what he said is unknown, but, whatever it was, it simultaneously broke 14 rules of etiqutte and insulted a senior vasudan office - in a single phase. As a result he was shipped out from aldebarren to the boonies of Tau Sigma
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Wow. It must've been an accident. Tough luck for him. :blah:
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline tinfoil

• i'm 13 remember
i'd love to see a campaign where you actually see him do it.
Alcibades' Gamble - We Love Our Ice Cream

Everything you need to know, and more can be found at The Freespace Wiki

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
TBH, I forget the mission name, but I always loved the first mission at the knossos. Freespace 2 at its finest, right there. The mission after that is always fun, too.

Offline Excalibur

• Forsee a new beginning.
One question about Command:

-what does he actually command, since he is always around in Alpha 1 missions...and there are many other things happening in other systems - surely he can't be "looking after" all of them?

As for my first FS moment[(s) for those of you who were going to say "that's two..."], probably the encounter with the Ravana and the first battle deployment of the Colossus.
His legacy will last until the beginning.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Keep in mind, Excalibur, that Command consists of many people and not just him. Perhaps the GTVA have this unseen policy of attaching different people from Command to the same pilots and fleets.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Kszyhu

Perhaps he is just a communication officer aboard Aquitaine, responsible for relaying orders from the flagship to pilots.