Author Topic: Hitpoint of a moon  (Read 17984 times)

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
Have any of you noticed that the thread starter has not yet replied?
Sorry, I was elsewhere for a day.

Why do you need to know? What are you planning to do with the moon?
Why, blow it up of course!!

I was thinking of the ogame universe and wondering how powerful the ships are in comparison to freespace.
it says this about the ogame universe deathstar

"The Deathstar is the ultimate ship ever created. This moon sized ship is the only ship that can be seen with the naked eye on the ground. By the time you spot it, unfortunately, it is too late to do anything.

Armed with a gigantic graviton cannon, the most advanced weapons system ever created in the Universe, this massive ship has not only the capability of destroying entire fleets and defenses, but also has the capability of destroying entire moons. Only the most advanced empires have the capability to build a ship of this mammoth size.
Structural Integrity     9.000.000
Shield Strength    50.000
Attack Strength    200.000
Cargo Capacity    1.000.000 units
Base speed    100
Fuel usage (Deuterium)    1 "
I was thinking it might take a lot more shots then is mentioned due to perhaps powerup. It also has 1000x s of rapidfire against most ships. Maybe 1000 shots..? Then convert that from their into freespacey terms by involving the moons hitpoints.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
:doubt:

And people dare to say Inferno is overpowered.

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
And I've seen battles that involve 250 of these things. They didn't lose one strangely enough. I would scale down number of ships massively and wouldn't involve these in particular ships because they're a thousand times more powerful as the next ship in line. Oh, and i don't think Inferno is at all overpowered. Of course, I've never seen the Gargant.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
And I've seen battles that involve 250 of these things. They didn't lose one strangely enough. I would scale down number of ships massively and wouldn't involve these in particular ships because they're a thousand times more powerful as the next ship in line. Oh, and i don't think Inferno is at all overpowered. Of course, I've never seen the Gargant.
The Gargant is only ~40km long anyway. It's not that big a deal.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Only?

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
Please forget i said anything about the gargant and relent from debating on the power of Inferno ships.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Please forget i said anything about the gargant and relent from debating on the power of Inferno ships.
We weren't debating the power of Inferno ships.

What I was saying is that compared to this incredulous stupid dimension killing moon ship, of which there are 250, even Inferno can be classified as normal.

Srsly, moon-sized planet killer things? WTF?

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Only?
Moon > 40km

Or did you not notice? :P
lol, I mean for the size of a ship compared to other ships. :P I know it's supposed to be a super juggernaut or something (I haven't been able to play Inferno at all for some reason) but that's gianormous compared to the Colossus and Sathanas.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Srsly, moon-sized planet killer things? WTF?
That's no moon...

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
Harbinger is 5Gigatons and takes away 3200 hitpoints, puts 1 GT at 640 hitpoints.  Work out how many Gigatons of TNT would be needed to completely vaporise your moon and you have your answer.

Around 50,000,000,000,000 gigatons (5 x 10^13) for Earth, around 6 x 10^12 GT for the Moon. There's no weapon in FS that could do that, except maybe the Sathanas subspace weapon, but that seems more of a device that exploits properties of subspace/a star than a normal weapon.
That'll do

Now, for everyones sake, I repeat: I will most likely not use this ship in particular, unless it's got weaknesses enough, which I doubt, but the other ships that come with it, namely, a thousand times less powerfull.

Quick maths:
6x10^12 x 640 = 24 + 360 x 10^13 = 3840000000000000 = 3 840 000 000 000 000 = three quadrillion and eight hundred and forty trillion.

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
puts a light fighter at hitpoints of... 7.68x10^10
In other words, a few hundred light fighters would have better hull integrity then the gargant.

I'll think of a differant way of conversion, maybe: freespace sathanas = ogame destroyer
Direct unit for unit conversion: Hatshepsut = Ogame Destroyer
Or a guess, Scorpion = Ogame Light Fighter

Bring out the..... Reality Bomb!
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
is the only ship that can be seen with the naked eye on the ground

Beg your pardon, but you can see normal satellites from the ground at night time. Sure, they just look like fast, moving points of light, but you can see them from the ground with the naked eye. You'd easily be able to see an Orion or Hecate in relatively high detail.

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
Well, that's what the description for it in that game is, not real life, i'm sure can pretty much any ship from the ground, especially if it's got flashing lights on it. I dare say that if it was incorporated into freespace game it would contain a load on wtf!!?

Somehow I'd doubt you'd be able to see an orion in detail from earth, probably just a large fast moving star.

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Somehow I'd doubt you'd be able to see an orion in detail from earth, probably just a large fast moving star.
Remember, you're talking about something that's over two kilometers long...in other words, a few times the length (and width) of the tallest structure ever built.  Satellites orbit the Earth at a wide range of heights, with low-Earth orbit generally defined as starting at a height of 160 kilometers.  If you can pick out a ten-meter-long satellite in that orbit on a dark night, you'd see a whole mess of Orion if it were in the same orbit.

But can you see the Burj Dubai from space with the naked eye?

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Burj Dubai? That's the first I've heard of that. Hmm, 818 metres tall when completed.

But you would see skyscrapers from the top. An Orion may be in any orientation.

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
Come on!! When are they gonna make something like the mile high sky Illinois a mile high apartment building in my book (designed 1956, and said at that time to be physically buildable).