Author Topic: Call of Duty 5  (Read 8774 times)

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
According to X-Play in 2007(?) We've been storming Normandy Beach for more than 40 days in total play time.

You know, I've played every CoD game that's out for PC, and not once have I stormed Normandy Beach.
guess you never played the subsequent american campains in COD2

According to X-Play in 2007(?) We've been storming Normandy Beach for more than 40 days in total play time.

You know, I've played every CoD game that's out for PC, and not once have I stormed Normandy Beach.

Where the Normandian cliffs are stormed. Not the famous 'Omaha beach' from Saving Ryan.

But storming cliffs is fine too. However, storming a cargo ship is awesome ;).

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
Not just in CoD, but for all of the WW2 games combined. There's more than just CoD out there.
You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Self-proclaimed master of the Keypad.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft

Cliffs aren't beaches. If you say that they are, that's still only one level out of the entire series. Hardly 40 hours of game play, unless you're absolutely terrible at the game.

Not just in CoD, but for all of the WW2 games combined. There's more than just CoD out there.

How many other WW2 FPSs have came out since the CoD series became popular (do not read "since CoD was released")? The people who think WW2 FPSs are over-played? No. They don't play these games.

This is ridiculous. The people who are tired of WW2 FPSs are not playing them and the people that still enjoy them are playing them. Stop your whining.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 09:51:27 pm by thesizzler »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
CoD6 will be another Modern Warfare.

I'm just hoping CoD7 won't be another WW2 shooter. :ick:

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce

They should do a WWI shooter! :)

Nobody would like it tho.

EDIT: You know what I want. A proper Rainbow Six style game.  Counter-terrorism unit that has a situation that needs to be defused and the key part about the whole thing is to execute the mission according to plan and doing all the right things.  That was absolutely exhilarating although I realize its much more complicated than the simple run and gun.  Recent R6 games haven't measured up.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft

They should do a WWI shooter! :)

Nobody would like it tho.

It'd certainly be interesting. Sit in a trench for 6 hours then at the end of the game go over the top and immediately get shot by a machine gun nest.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm still waiting for an American Revolution shooter.  Stand in line next to your fellow soldiers, fire across an open field at a line of enemy soldiers, spend 45 seconds reloading, repeat. :p

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Really looking forward to CoD MW2.  The story from the first is epic, easily one of my favorites (possibly most favorite, except maybe Mass Effect).  Rainbow Six is a little too sterile, if that's the right word.  No mess ups, has to go exactly according to plan.  If it doesn't, everything goes to hell.

@Mongoose:
Nah!  Civil War FPS would be better.  New guns means only a 10 second reload!

CoD 5 and Modern Warfare are pretty much the same game.  It's built on top of the same engine with a few new things to "try" and keep it fresh like the flamethrowers.  It's just a new setting with old weapons (and a lot more bugs and glitches)
Watching from the background since 17 April 2002.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
COD4 was a great game. For WW1 and american civil war games. You may not get that much out of playing in first person. WW1 and american civil war games are better off as overhead strategy games.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
CoD 5 and Modern Warfare are pretty much the same game.  It's built on top of the same engine with a few new things to "try" and keep it fresh like the flamethrowers.  It's just a new setting with old weapons (and a lot more bugs and glitches)
I take it you didn't notice the story?

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
The second story really wasn't as good.  When you're in a WW2 shooter, there is only so much historically accurate stuff to explore.  I think that between CoD and MoH, we've covered just about all of it (have any of them covered Jan-May 1940?  Up until Dunkerque?).  With the MW story, it can be literally almost anything.  For example, the story to MW:
Spoiler:
Russian Ultranationalists give nukes to small Middle East nation.  Fight ensues.  Nuke goes off.  Gigantic fight in Russia.  Nukes launched.  Player disables Nukes.  Player gets the hell out of there.  Roughly that, at any rate.
Pretty epic, if you ask me.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
You forgot
Spoiler:
Player gets executed. Player dies in nuclear blast. Player (possibly) dies along with all the other characters.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
First one is not player, merely spectating.

Second, yes, and epically.

Third, does not.  See: Last Mission.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
First one is not player, merely spectating.

Second, yes, and epically.

Third, does not.  See: Last Mission.

First one (the credits sequence) is a completely playable level. You're just bound and dragged along the whole time. It has the same zoom-into-head, first-person-identification sequence as every other level.

Third: it's left open to interpretation whether or not it happens, but you can't see you definitively don't. The airplane mission is an easter egg.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
except when the russian says
Spoiler:
"You are going to be alright, my friend!"

and the second doesn't count because you don't get to shoot anything  :p.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
except when the russian says
Spoiler:
"You are going to be alright, my friend!"

and the second doesn't count because you don't get to shoot anything  :p.

Like that time everyone on Galactica was like 'you're gonna be okay' and then they gave all the morpha to the dying guy and then he died? Maybe he was just giving you Russian comfort.

Bah! If you mash 'melee' hard enough you can break free.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
It's the way he says it.  He says it with relief, not with desperation.

I take it you didn't notice the story?

I was just looking at it from the multiplayer perspective.

In the single player perspective;  Of course the story is different but the gameplay is really quite the same when you get right down to it.  Different story, different setting, different weapon, yet same game engine and the same general feel.  I like COD5, its just not that new compared to the old one.
Watching from the background since 17 April 2002.