Author Topic: Modern Warfare 2 Gameplay Trailer  (Read 6974 times)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Re: Modern Warfare 2 Gameplay Trailer
I've never played CoD but this trailer is so cinematic I really doubt actual gameplay is like that. Unless it's a movie. :p

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Regardless, it still looks cooool :)

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
It looks cool, and rather scripted! I'm hoping it was just the movie but the graphics didn't look entirely stunning. If anything it looked exactly the same engine as the original Modern Warfare. Not that there was anything wrong with that and it still looks great today but still...

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I've played COD 4 Modern warfare myself...
The game is just like any other but it has certain times where this "cinematics" give a little something to the story.

Personaly I think this is the best 1st person shooter I've ever seen so far, not just because of the graphics, the story is good....it's missions are interesting and the gameplay, also the IA of the enemies is quite interesting.

I would buy a second version, even if it came with no graphics improvement at all and it would be just new story.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Yeah, but the story seems tacked on this time. I mean, we had no mention of this dude in he previous game.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
well, the Ultranationalist's are not just one guy.

This game will be awesome. Fact.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I've never played CoD but this trailer is so cinematic I really doubt actual gameplay is like that.

If you check the full trailer at modernwarfare2.com, you can actually see one of the "checkpoint reached" messages in the corner about halfway through  :lol:

we had no mention of this dude in he previous game

And we had nothing on
Spoiler:
his kid except him sitting in a jeep at the beginning until you run him down and he kills himself.
  Fairly important bit of plot there.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I've never played CoD but this trailer is so cinematic I really doubt actual gameplay is like that. Unless it's a movie. :p

As they mentioned earlier, this does appear to be actual gameplay (though no doubt shot from different angles and chopped up rather cinematically.

I just hope they fix the endless-enemy-wave respawns that made the first game's campaign so incredibly annoying and unrealistic.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I read somewhere that they have indeed fixed that. I can't back it up with the actual text tho I'm afraid. Here's hoping what I read is on the money.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
For some reason the screenshots look better than the video. Hopefully it's just the video being weird...

Other than that, looks like a blast.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Pretty excited about this. IW's CoD games are the only war shooters I care for.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
we had no mention of this dude in he previous game

And we had nothing on
Spoiler:
his kid except him sitting in a jeep at the beginning until you run him down and he kills himself.
 Fairly important bit of plot there.

That's true.

I read somewhere that they have indeed fixed that. I can't back it up with the actual text tho I'm afraid. Here's hoping what I read is on the money.
Yeah... in COD4 you could sit in the same spot for an hour wasting your ammunition on these dudes until it was safe to move up, which it wasn't. The game basically forced you to assume leadership and run into the hail of fire, with the AI following behind, something annoying but something I also liked.

Pretty excited about this. IW's CoD games are the only war shooters I care for.

Well BiA: Hell's Highway was awesome IMO and the GRAW series was also pretty fun to play. CoD: WaW was... alright, wasn't as revolutionary as COD4 though.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 03:33:15 am by Dilmah G »

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
I just hope they fix the endless-enemy-wave respawns that made the first game's campaign so incredibly annoying and unrealistic.

You realize that's been the entirety of the CoD single-player franchise since like, forever? You kill, run, gun, move up. In that order. It's semi-similar to realistic infantry warfare in that you generally have to outflank the enemy and capture specific locations / objectives in order to truly impact a battle. It's entirely dissimilar in that it is still a video game and encourages Rambo-syndrome because despite all the upgrades in graphics and setting, your teammate's AI is still absolutely retarded. Not to mention that every hostile on the map within LOS of you will move to shoot at you and ignore your buddies (rightly so, because they're doing jack ****.)

Irritating, but fun.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

You realize that's been the entirety of the CoD single-player franchise since like, forever? You kill, run, gun, move up. In that order. It's semi-similar to realistic infantry warfare in that you generally have to outflank the enemy and capture specific locations / objectives in order to truly impact a battle. It's entirely dissimilar in that it is still a video game and encourages Rambo-syndrome because despite all the upgrades in graphics and setting, your teammate's AI is still absolutely retarded. Not to mention that every hostile on the map within LOS of you will move to shoot at you and ignore your buddies (rightly so, because they're doing jack ****.)

Irritating, but fun.

The infinite-respawns thing started in CoD2, and I haven't liked it since.

Combined with the aimbot AI, it makes for an exasperating experience on higher difficulties (since AI actors can fire perfectly aimed shots from the hip literally the moment they come from corners.)

This is one area where CoD could really stand to learn from Halo. The AI needs to be given senses, just like the player, instead of being able to aim through walls.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

Irritating, but fun.

The infinite-respawns thing started in CoD2, and I haven't liked it since.

Combined with the aimbot AI, it makes for an exasperating experience on higher difficulties (since AI actors can fire perfectly aimed shots from the hip literally the moment they come from corners.)

This is one area where CoD could really stand to learn from Halo. The AI needs to be given senses, just like the player, instead of being able to aim through walls.

...or be able to toss spot on grenades like they were all Dan Marino.  I can't count the number of times in World at War were I would stop for a minute to pick off guys with a Garand only to suddenly have about five grenades land right on my person from guys 60 yards away without line of sight.  The respawn syndrome was extremely tedious in WaW, there were a few parts that were absolutely absurd trying to get through. 
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Right. And, at least in CoD4, your vision would blur for a moment if you got hit by a grenade. I remember being totally unable to aim because of five or six grenades bouncing off my head - for militia members or Ultranationalist grunts, they're fine throws!

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I think they fixed the endless enemies in some parts of World at War.  The Bad Guys stop coming after a while if all you do is peek around a corner and pop them in the head for about 15 minutes.  Granted, the game then becomes the definition of tedious, but it makes getting through on veteran (:ick:) just that much easier.  A notable part would be
Spoiler:
When you are trying to take the Peleliu airfield, you come up to a building with two machine guns mounted on sandbags.  Roebuck tells you to get the rifle grenades to take out the gunners.  The Bad Guys stopped coming around the five minute mark.
When nobody is shooting at you, it becomes immensely easier to complete your objectives.

EDIT:
Quote from: Dilmah G
CoD6 was... alright

:confused:

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Ooops, edited

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I think the infinite respawning thing could work in some places, but in others it just doesn't work.