Author Topic: Gold Colored Vasudan AAA's?  (Read 5606 times)

Gold Colored Vasudan AAA's?
Just a random idea that popped in my head from playing through the normal campaign. I noticed that Shivans thankfully had their own red/pink AAA's but i'm surprised no one has worked on maybe a gold Vasudan AAA beam fire... any chance of that happening sometime soon now that the idea's been tossed out there?

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Re: Gold Colored Vasudan AAA's?
Shivans ALWAYS had red AAA's though... and Vasudans and Terrans always have had blue, IIRC.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Terrans have green beams, Vasudans have gold beams, and they both use blue AAA beams...

Perhaps if Terrans had blue beams, the green AAA would match both the Terrans and Vasudans. As it is though I think it's probably best to leave them blue.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
INFR1 have VAAA that is yellow.
Maybe some other mods too.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
I always liked that the AAA beams were similar suggesting a shared technology and that the main beams were customized to the engineering of the two races but the AAA beams were simpler technology and were essentially the same thing underneath.  Plus it gives some contrast to everything exploding and otherwise going off at the same time.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Yup, that's also the impression I got. The blue AAA beams are a mass-produced model that fits on all GTVA vessels, whereas the big beams are more custom designed for the vessel they are mounted on.

But nobody's stopping you from makin dedicated AAA beams for the Vasudans.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I always liked that the AAA beams were similar suggesting a shared technology and that the main beams were customized to the engineering of the two races but the AAA beams were simpler technology and were essentially the same thing underneath.  Plus it gives some contrast to everything exploding and otherwise going off at the same time.

there is cannon evidence that Terran and Vasuden power systems are different (ie HL-7 ML-7) so i would assume that if the AAA beams draw lower power then converters would be possible to adapt the power input to match but anti capital beams probably take the power system to near their extremes so the weapon would need to work in tune with the power system
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
The Subach and the Mekhu are limited instances. For the most part, weapons are freely used between the two races. The Prometheus is the most obvious example. Not to mention all the missiles employed by the GTVA...

-Thaeris
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
They could've easily made it different colors.

They didn't.

Let's leave it alone.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I don't see anything wrong with making another colored AAA beam. Port's using dedicated Vasudan blobs, which isn't Canon. Just do it if you feel like it.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It would be nice to see VAAA or something similar with Mediavps quality graphics.
Even if it will not be used in regular mediavps, modders can really benefit from it, just like from Vasudan turret bitmaps.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
FS1 vasudans (notably the Typhon) have blue so blue isn't really out of place on vasudan ships.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:30:43 am by High Max »
;-)   #.#   *_*   ^^   ^-^   ^_^

Offline Kolgena

I'm not sure that's true. For sure if an anticap beam hits you, you're vaporized, but I think AAA's have always caused default explosion deaths. They're not big enough to vaporize a fighter.

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:31:06 am by High Max »

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
For sure if an anticap beam hits you, you're vaporized
You also get the huge hit effect when a fighter is vapourised by an anti-cap beam. Easy to notice in the Inferno mission where you take out the Diablo's beam cannon; it's not exactly hard for those bombers to get in the way.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
I've seen anti-fighter beams vaporize fighters, but I don't think they always vaporize.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

I think it depends upon how many hitpoints a fighter has left. So if the kill shot throws it into the negatives quite a bit, it vaporizes. If it barely kills it, it doesn't. At least that's my theory anyway.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
That's the way [some] FPS's do it... if the damage pushes the thing below, say, -40% health, they get gibbed.

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:31:24 am by High Max »