Author Topic: LEAVING FSO COMMUNITY DUE TO BULLYING - GOODBYE  (Read 3275 times)

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
LEAVING FSO COMMUNITY DUE TO BULLYING - GOODBYE
Dear All,

I was bullied yet again today in MULTI & on IRC. Called a 'retard', 'a downs syndrome' kid, amongst other things. Maybe I have one of those conditions? How do u know?

All I am is Fun. I always have been. Since Quantumdelta has arrived, I've just been bullied left right and centre.

I have now deleted Freespace and this will be my LAST post on this forum. I dont need this crap in my life. Most of all from Virtual people who dont realise the hurt they are doing.

QuantumDelta, The_E, Mura and BlackDove - U have hurt someone.

Thankyou all who were fun to play with / were good friends over the last 3 years - Andii (captain-custard), Colecampbell, Amit (GTSVA), Shade

Goodbye,

Flint

PS. ColeCampbell - Please remove me from the Wed and Sat night hosted games list.

Jedimasterseth a.k.a FLINT

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: LEAVING FSO COMMUNITY DUE TO BULLYING - GOODBYE
Sounds like you were misbehaving and didn't take a hint to calm down. Hopefully you'll cool down and come back soon, but if not, so be it. It's a shame you couldn't stop flooding channels.

Threadlock.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Um, you just reported this post saying that the thread was locked before you were given a chance to explain yourself.

But, uh, you said...

I have now deleted Freespace and this will be my LAST post on this forum.

Ponder the implications of that statement before you go reporting mods for locking threads instead of letting you post more in them.  :p

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I really don't have time for this nonsense.

JediMasterSmith. No one hates you or wants to bully you. From what I can see of the other threads you've acted like an overenthusiastic idiot and got kicked for it. If you could tone things down I'm sure everyne would be happy to fly with you. Maybe that's not the case but that's the way it came across to me.

I'm going to unlock the topic so you can reply. But if you start with the name calling again, you'll be getting yourself monkeyed here on HLP too as you'll be making it obvious exactly who was the trouble maker.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline gavilatius

• kicking butt... gradius style
jedmasterseth... just because they bully you doesn't mean you have to take it... that is what the close window button is for. tell them to stfu and get a life, and that they have no reason to bully you for they don't even know you... hell, i don't even know you...

most people who like to bully are pretty pathetic, just ignore them and stop feeding them the ammo.
any one beat the last boss yet?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
*ahem* At the 100% chance of sounding like a complete asshole...

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Look, mate.

Have you ever given a thought to

- The age of HLPers
- Why people "bully" you
- The weight this accusation may carry on an internet forum not governed by Child Protection.

We're all here to play Freespace, that's how we all found ourselves here. But this is the internet, as far as most people are concerned, the better part of the internet is a place of ungovernable madness *Cough* 4CHAN! *Cough*. You should be thankful the majority of HLPers were nice enough to tolerate spamming and whatnot, without immediately resorting to straight up flaming. When you're name called, you have  the opportunity to continue the fight, or stop responding to the person, and do remember why people may insult you, fix the problem.

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
WHOA! finding my nick in the list of bullies is not really a surprise, but i seriously have no idea what you got from me as bullying, i just tried to get you to understand that you were being annoying to the rest! LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! i never called you names, if i ever used swear words, its because i like to use them, A FRAKKING LOT. I apologize if it came to you that way.

What you have said in the past about people needing to chill out and relax, well, it is quite ironic that you are the one disrupting our fun and relaxation, and at the same time, your own.

It is indeed a sad thing for you to rage quit, but to be completely honest, i dont' remember you like this from back in the day when i was competing with you for rank position, we would play every other saturday and enjoy this game without the issues that led you to this, so i'm at a loss of what happened...
Signed, me

Offline Ziame

• ED ftw
He really likes the attention
Rabbinic Judaism had a good start with the Old Testament but kinda missed the point about 2000 years ago

ALL HAIL HERRA
/fan of BlackHole

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Well, I think this has run its course. Seems to me, from what I can gather, that there was unacceptable behaviour going on in Multiplayer, and that when jedimaster was asked to stop, he didn't, to the point where people got fed-up and started stating their case more 'colourfully'.

From what I understand, this is unusual behaviour from him, I know as a fact that the people named are not the sort to usually cause trouble, so I am pretty convinced there's considerably more going on here than 'bullying'.

I've been annoyed enough at someone to leave before, but came back, I hope jedimaster can do the same, sometimes a few days to cool down and look at the problem objectively can help. I don't agree with the 'multiple thread' approach, however.

I'm locking this thread for now, it's up to jedimaster what happens next, he can either realise that the people he is talking to are as human as he is, and that they don't want their multiplayer experience ruined by someone being overzealous and spamming any more than jedimaster wants to be attacked for it. If someone asks you politely to stop, the stop, respect the fact they asked politely, don't wait for them to lose their temper.