Author Topic: RELEASE: Sandwich  (Read 16645 times)

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Habeeb it...

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
It should also have a 0.5" Browning HMG somehow... ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
It should also have a 0.5" Browning HMG somehow... ;)
you get me a model, and i'll give you a browning hmg on that thing :p
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Sandwich turrets on a sandwich?

...That, my friend, would be amazing!  :lol:
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
oh comeon :p
overkill much?

then again, i did make the sandwich...

well, everyone, post your wishes for further shenanigans.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Mav

Funny...  :lol: :yes:
Though.. where's it's engine? :confused:

So... maybe next make the infamous "cookie" that's always supposed to be handed over on riddles, etc. ?   ;)
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

-----------------------------------
capship shields DO WORK !!!
my models, now with pics
test mission for commanding capships
suffering from a late stage of BoE-infection - DON'T call a doctor, it's too late for that anyway ;o)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
With chocolate chip death beams. :P

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
With chocolate chip death beams. :P

No, silly...

Cookies don't have death beams, they have chunks. Or clusters. Giant cookie clusters...

...OF DEATH!!!
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Mav

Hmm... implement these as long range cluster torpedoes, then? :)
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

my models, now with pics
suffering from a late stage of BoE-infection - DON'T call a doctor, it's too late for that anyway ;o)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Personally, I was thinking about chocolate blobs which burst apart with a lethal shockwave, then spawn into chocolate chip "cluster babies" which are propelled by a nice blue exhaust plume and explode with a flack effect.

;) :yes:

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke

Offline Mav

Sounds great :D . Now how to add taste to it :confused: ? I don't think current monitor/speaker settings could reproduce that... ;)
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

my models, now with pics

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Nice.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Speaking of cluster missiles, would it be possible to make one like that? That would be a pretty freaky weapon to put on a capship - the cluster missiles on a Moloch are bad enough...

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Sounds like a primary that turns into secondaries, I don't know.

Offline Mav

-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

my models, now with pics

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Isn't that still a secondary?

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I guess I meant a secondary that would burst, spawn into submunitions, then upon entering into a given proximity to the target, blow up with a flack-like effect. That would be a scary weapon to put on a cruiser or a corvette, really. That would basically be a homing flack missile...

Oh, and here's your chocolate chip...

[attachment deleted by admin]

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
That should be possible.
Epic.

Offline Mav

Isn't that still a secondary?
Nope, my version is a primary... or at least it's fired as one. The spawned things are secondaries, though, in order to make them homing.

When I tried to create something that spawns primaries another time, it seemed the type-argument wasn't taken correctly... should have spawned a Shivan Megalaser, but instead it seemed to spawn a few Prometheus and Disruptors... :nervous:

@Thaeris:
Hm, there's the proximity-trigger script in the wiki... and explosions of course are doable.
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

my models, now with pics

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
And now I give you...

CHUNK!!!

(The .7z file contains the 3D geometry in wavefront object format...)

Actually, the chunk was really easy to make. I started with a 10x10x10 cube mesh, dragged random verticies about, reduced the model complexity with AC3D's reduction tool (which is surprisingly good), then subdivided, committed the subdivision, reduced the complexity, and did a few last optimizations (still not the best, but both the chip and the chunk are under 1000 triangles...).

Might be a good way to make asteroids...  :nod:

[attachment deleted by admin]

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke