Author Topic: Caprica 1x06 "Know Thy Enemy" [Spoilers]  (Read 5184 times)

Offline Locutus of Borg

• Who counted those posts?????????????
Caprica 1x06 "Know Thy Enemy" [Spoilers]
I thought it was going to be an exciting episode, but it was all just filler.

Definitely a let down compared to last week's
We are the Borg
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own

Resistance is FUTILE

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Caprica 1x06 "Know Thy Enemy" [Spoilers]
Yea pretty bad episode. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Seems like they're loading up on peripheral characters and just advancing each thread incrementally every week.  I get that it's an angsty ensemble drama, but I need something to break up the monotony, even if it has to be like a standalone episode.

Wow, surprised to see so much negativity. This has been one of my favorite episodes so far, actually. Stealing from Virgis comes back to bite Greystone in the ass, the STO plot as it relates to Zoe is finally getting clearer, Philomon is going to finally realize his dream of dating a robot...I thought it all was fantastic. To me, it's exciting, because I find the characters to be extremely rich and engaging. I want to know what they're thinking, what they're doing, and why. I loved BSG, because it was exciting and thought provoking, but the character development and overall drama ended up being diluted by the need to keep a high tempo. With Caprica, we're getting pure character drama, and I like it. Caprica also is pushing some fascinating philosophical questions; I find that I'm not as anxious between episodes because I spend the entire week thinking about the issues brought up in the previous episode. For example, Clarice basically said that the STO wants to use the "living avatars" as a key to eternity for their souls. But, is that really the right way to eternity? Is that a way to preserve a soul? Does Zoe-A even have a soul? What the frak is a soul in the first place?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 10:39:01 pm by Angreifer »

Offline jdjtcagle

• Already told you people too much!
I liked it!

Pretty cool episode, I can see a lot of the same "layout" as bsg.  Like in the way the episodes are played out; seems like they are going to focus on 1-2 characters an episode and that's it then switch next week.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 07:26:47 am by jdjtcagle »
"Brings a tear of nostalgia to my eye" -Flipside
------------------------------------------
I'm an Apostolic Christian (Acts: 2:38)
Official Interplay Freespace Stories
Predator
Hammer Of Light - Omen of Darkness
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years

Offline Fish

• Nugget
Liking this show!

Also, heh: Pegasus' original CAG is Virgis :p
<><

Offline jdjtcagle

Liking this show!

That's who that guy is! I knew he was on BSG I just couldn't put my finger on it  :cool:
Predator
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
This type of corporate espionage is what the show should be about. Unfortunately time was spent on the very weak STO plot.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
Liking this show!

Damnit, I knew I'd seen him somewhere before!

That's who that guy is! I knew he was on BSG I just couldn't put my finger on it  :cool:
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

I thought it was a great ep. Love the Vergis character... could have used more Barnabus BUT I like the notion that there are competing factions within the STO. This is setting up some truly fascinating stuff and I can't wait to see it all play out.

Offline jdjtcagle

Liking this show!

Damnit, I knew I'd seen him somewhere before!

That's who that guy is! I knew he was on BSG I just couldn't put my finger on it  :cool:

:lol: Am I being framed for saying something I didn't!?  :D

btw, has anything been said about how the Graystone Mansion looks exactly like Baltars? I wonder if it's intentional?
Predator
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years

Offline iamzack

They dont strike me as very similar... The layout might be, but the Greystone place is waayy futuristic modern, and Baltar's is a lot more traditional in materials, decoration, etc.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Fish

• Nugget
Speaking of actors getting around, the guy who plays Adama Sr. is in episode 7 of the first season of Burn Notice, which I'm watching now :p
<><

Offline Swift

• Swiftly Irritating
Speaking of actors getting around, the guy who plays Adama Sr. is in episode 7 of the first season of Burn Notice, which I'm watching now :p
He was also in the second season of a great show called Jericho, if it rings any bells (!).
"Aim high. You may miss, but at least you won't shoot your foot off."

Yeah, Esai Morales. Even though Burn Notice was out before Caprica, I kept waiting for him to say "frak".  :D

Offline Wolfy

some Analysis:

1. That rebot the Graystones have: Not common throughout the colonies, judgeing by Sister Clarices reaction to it.
2. Graystone most certainly did NOT destroy zoes program, seeming Zoe seems to of used it to make this 'Rachael' avatar. Nor would there probably be any reason for Clarice to be going into the hosue and hacking the computer.

Theory:
1. Phillomon seems like he MAY be recruted by Zoe to help her with her escape.
2. At some point, there may be a big court case between Daniel and Thomas, with Adama being one of the lawyers, presumably on Daniels side to save himself.
3. Adama and that secratery/assistant of his seemed to be 'likeing' each other a little
Wolfy - Ship Modeler for SBP07

Offline Locutus of Borg

• Who counted those posts?????????????
In the episode 'Hero' of Battlestar Galactica, The Old Man's mother's name is listed as Evelyn.

The assistant lady is named Evelyn. She will most likely become the Old Man's step-mom.
We are the Borg
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own

Resistance is FUTILE

If Greystone can design and build a robot such as Serge who seems extremely advanced to the point of speech and interpreting and following verbal orders, why does he need the MCP in order to build Cylons?
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

There's a degree of difference between fighting a war and opening the front door and saying, "Hi."

Offline newman

Serge isn't real AI. It doesn't really think and isn't self aware. It's a robot that follows a set of pre-programmed commands. That programming may be complex enough to allow communication on the level seen on the show but it's all just following preset commands. Basically such a thing is possible today.. It doesn't think or want anything. The Cylons however are real AI, which is what brought the war in the first place - beings with no desires, motivations and self awareness do not start wars. Unless programmed to :P
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb