Author Topic: R.U.S.E.  (Read 5701 times)

I'm waiting for the inevitable appearance of heavy tanks out of thin air, followed by their owner proclaiming his tactical genius, then his opponent saying one word, "CREEEEEEEEEEED!!!".
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Yeah, makes it fun. :)
Why are people still making WWII games?
What's wrong with them?

Nothing really. It's just there are so many other areas to deal with combat.

WWII has been so bastardized in terms of FPSs that it's not even realistic (if it ever was).

I don't mind warping the history a bit to tell a good story and make good games but my god, how many times can we do the same areas with the same weapons and the same enemies and etc etc etc.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
It's not too hard to make up a hypothetical war in the same time period.  Game designers these days...

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Must admit, wouldn't be surprised if in twenty years time we are facing a generation that believes that Hitler named his Stormtroopers after Star-Wars...

I've found people that believe that already...

Most of the kids in my class don't even know who he is. One girl thought he was a heavy-weight wrestler.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Guys, Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw has already answered this question.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

I was waiting for someone to mention him...
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I suppose when it comes to World War Games, I prefer the Wolfenstein 1 approach, if you've got to fight Hitler, at least make it a Spider-Cyborg Hitler ;)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Guys, Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw has already answered this question.
...and?  If you take more than 10% of what comes out of his mouth seriously, You're Doing It Wrong. :p

What? He has a lot of good points...:nervous:
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
And he also has a lot of overblown fluff, fanboyism, and flat-out inaccurate statements.  I haven't watched him in a while, but I remember there being a big to-do over some statements he made about the Wii shooter The Conduit's control system, which he heavily criticized while not once mentioning the fact that it's almost completely customizable.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
And he also has a lot of overblown fluff, fanboyism, and flat-out inaccurate statements.  I haven't watched him in a while, but I remember there being a big to-do over some statements he made about the Wii shooter The Conduit's control system, which he heavily criticized while not once mentioning the fact that it's almost completely customizable.

And he was completely correct about Bioshock. 

His reviews are hit-and-miss, mainly.  But every now and then he hits the nail on the head.

------

Most of the kids in my class don't even know who he is. One girl thought he was a heavy-weight wrestler.

They must be euthanized immediately.  For the greater good, of course.  :nervous:

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.

They must be euthanized immediately.  For the greater good, of course.  :nervous:
Oh, Amen.

How old are you? If anyone at my school said anything of the sort 3/4 of the dudes in the year would've come down on them like a stack of bricks. That said, about 1/4 of the year only knows about Hitler from COD.  :D

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I'm waiting for the fools who think WW2 played out like Inglorious Basterds.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Oh, Amen.

How old are you? If anyone at my school said anything of the sort 3/4 of the dudes in the year would've come down on them like a stack of bricks. That said, about 1/4 of the year only knows about Hitler from COD.  :D
15, but they said this last year, in grade nine.

I swear, all the kids I know take their WW2 knowledge from COD. They think they have any chance against my knowledge, which accounts for every history book in our library plus a huge number of wikipedia articles, documentaries, and stock footage. :D
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
If you're looking for good WWII games, you really need to look into Battlefront.com's stuff:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=20&Itemid=48

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=43&Itemid=81

Games like Combat Mission set the standard for things such as combat physics, etc. The AI might have never been the best, but this is what a WWII strategy game should be. And I've never known Battlefront to employ opressive DRM stuff, either...
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
I want a good Korean War game, or a good Vietnam

Come on Call of Duty: Grenada

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I want a good Korean War game, or a good Vietnam

If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Games like Combat Mission set the standard for things such as combat physics, etc. The AI might have never been the best, but this is what a WWII strategy game should be. And I've never known Battlefront to employ opressive DRM stuff, either...

If you want a good WWII strategy game go play SP:WaW.

Just be aware there are some weird bugs with it these days.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Hmmm...

Can you expand that acronym?
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke