Author Topic: Betting pool  (Read 10299 times)

Offline Master_Drow

• Theseus CIC officer.
So I think we should start a betting pool about when Diaspora will be out.

For those of you who don't know how this works it is simple.
A) Pick a date
B) when Diaspora comes out if you have the day closest to the correct day then you win. (if it matters we will be using GMT to determine what day it is day)

The winner will get.... something.... I think i have a cookie somewhere that you can have...

Im going to guess December 12th 2010.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I've got no problem with this. But Diaspora and SCP members are only allowed to play if they bet something within the next week. I don't want them delaying the release just to win. :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
My bet is that Karajorma will win, no matter what.
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Only if I let him.  :pimp:
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I bet it will be released some day, that day will be... starting from right now... now. yes, now.
No.. wait, NOW.

now? :nervous:
el hombre vicio...

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
We actually released already but a rift opened in the space time continuum and sucked the files into a distant place and time.  Something about the dialogue being insulting to one of the species and intergalactic war breaking out was heard before the rift closed.  We know those bablefish don't always translate correctly though. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Wolfy

I've got no problem with this. But Diaspora and SCP members are only allowed to play if they bet something within the next week. I don't want them delaying the release just to win. :p

If anything, that is surely an incentive for them to work faster? :P
Wolfy - Ship Modeler for SBP07

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
My bet is, that R1 will be released as soon the developement ( creating content, beta testing, VA...) is done. :P

I Win!

I also bet, that this thread will be locked before it reaches the third page.
If i win, i'd like to be a moderator for one week, if i loose i agree to be banned for one week.

Anyone want to bet on that too?  :D

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
This actually works very well. Anyone who tries to claim we "most make estimate" gets accused of cheating! :D

I'm betting on something like May 2011, don't know why. It usually takes a long time for things to be released. Anyway, when you finish, do you guys mind if your new models get... listed in StarShips? ;)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
We'd be totally fine with that.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Random guess... October 23rd, 2010.

Offline tikey

• Not Batman
December 1st 2010.
It will be an awesome birthday gift  :lol:

December 21st,2012. The Mayans predicted it! And when its out it will mark the beginning of a new age(Age of Aquarius actually). Not the end of the world like most think.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Mayans + Zodiac ?

Offline Meleardil

• Meleardil Eressea Iluvadan
Random guess... October 23rd, 2010.

I would be totally fine with that. It's actually the day of our last revolution, when we kicked the soviet occupation. Of course they come back within few weeks, and they were ten times more, than before, but that's not the point. That's is one annoying thing with the Russians. There are always more of them than you can defeat, whatever you do. We are lucky China is one and a half continent away. :D
"I think it is impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves."
Speaker for the Dead

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
We are lucky China is one and a half continent away. :D

Muuuhahahahahahahahaha.......damn foiled again!

You know you all shouldnt mess with China. They do own our entire country after all.

By the way what does China have to do with guessing release dates?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
You haven't heard?  Kara outsourced the entire project to China.

Offline Meleardil

• Meleardil Eressea Iluvadan
I was talking about Hungary. The so called "West", which never ever helped us in our 1500 year of existence, but at the first opportunity they cut away 2/3 of our country 90 years ago, do not really concern us.
"I think it is impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves."
Speaker for the Dead