MURPHY'S LAWS OF COMBAT OPERATIONS:
4. You are not Superman; Marines and fighter pilots take note.
7. Try to look unimportant; the enemy may be low on ammo and not want to waste a bullet on you.
12. If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.
13. The enemy diversion you're ignoring is their main attack.
20. The easy way is always mined.
21. Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.
24. If you are short of everything but the enemy, you are in the combat zone.
76. A Purple Heart just proves that you were smart enough to think of a plan, stupid enough to try it, and lucky enough to survive.
79. The bursting radius of a hand grenade is always one foot greater than your jumping range.
81. The crucial round is a dud.
84. Don't ever be the first, don't ever be the last and don't ever volunteer to do anything.
89. The more stupid the leader is, the more important missions he is ordered to carry out.
For a complete list of Murphy's Laws of Combat Ops -> http://www.murphys-laws.com/murphy/murphy-war.html