Author Topic: Trailer Music?!  (Read 4224 times)

Hi!
Only got your trailer yesterday, and I gotta say it's amazin'!:)
however, I was left wanderin' what was the music you used on it:confused:, I really liked it! some chance you guys could tell the name of the piece (I'm just a sucker for classical music)...
MURPHY'S LAWS OF COMBAT OPERATIONS:
4. You are not Superman; Marines and fighter pilots take note.
7. Try to look unimportant; the enemy may be low on ammo and not want to waste a bullet on you.
12. If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.
13. The enemy diversion you're ignoring is their main attack.
20. The easy way is always mined.
21. Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.
24. If you are short of everything but the enemy, you are in the combat zone.
76. A Purple Heart just proves that you were smart enough to think of a plan, stupid enough to try it, and lucky enough to survive.
79. The bursting radius of a hand grenade is always one foot greater than your jumping range.  
81. The crucial round is a dud.
84. Don't ever be the first, don't ever be the last and don't ever volunteer to do anything.
89. The more stupid the leader is, the more important missions he is ordered to carry out.

For a complete list of Murphy's Laws of Combat Ops -> http://www.murphys-laws.com/murphy/murphy-war.html

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
Haven't looked at the trailer in a LONG time...but from what i remember its the Homeworld theme

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
The music was used on Homeworld, yes. It's Adagio for Strings... can't remember the name of the guy right now. I'll check the name when I get home. :)
Probably away. Contact through email.

Adagio for strings, written by Smual Barber,

the peice in Homeworld is Agnus Dei, a choral requiem (performed in Homeworld by the Russian philiharmonic orchestra no less) using the words of Mozarts Requiem to the tune of Adagio, again written by Mr Barber.

You can find this music at http://www.modern-strings.de/sound/barber.mp3

I good choice, if I may say so myself. :)
"We have lingered long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean.
We are ready to set sail towards the stars
" --- Carl Sagan, Cosmos.
----
Member of the Noctis IV and Orbiter communities;
Visit Noctis
Visit Orbiter

:D :D :D :D

thanks a million guys!!
onward to download it!!

thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you:nod:
7. Try to look unimportant; the enemy may be low on ammo and not want to waste a bullet on you.
76. A Purple Heart just proves that you were smart enough to think of a plan, stupid enough to try it, and lucky enough to survive.
79. The bursting radius of a hand grenade is always one foot greater than your jumping range.  
84. Don't ever be the first, don't ever be the last and don't ever volunteer to do anything.
89. The more stupid the leader is, the more important missions he is ordered to carry out.

For a complete list of Murphy's Laws of Combat Ops -> http://www.murphys-laws.com/murphy/murphy-war.html

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
And it does indeed rock - if only more space themed games used this kinda thing (not that there are many space themed games). As atmospheric tracks go it's right up there with Freespace and Medal of Honor.

You can find another version of this music at http://download2.ampcast.com/AUD-44936-dld-2020344-0-0-0/Adagio_for_Strings_Barber.mp3

Its basicly the same, just with a more deeper and digital-tuned tone, and also some water-effects in the background by the sound of it.

If you want to, go to www.google.com and search for Adaigo for Strings, you will get a lot of hits, and some of them will surly be worth your time. Just be patient while exploring the hundreds of links, and you will find what you are looking for. :)

I like this music as well, a lot of atmosphere in it, and a lot of soul, if you understand what I mean.

Stargazer.
"We have lingered long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean.
We are ready to set sail towards the stars
" --- Carl Sagan, Cosmos.
----
Member of the Noctis IV and Orbiter communities;
Visit Noctis
Visit Orbiter

yeah, I know what you mean Stargazer, it's one hell of a music. really soothing, a bit sad too.

I've been hearing it everywhere: in TV ads, trailers, movies but I never got the name of it, 'til now 'course.

ahhh...:)

(no wonder Oliver Stone used it on Platoon...)

Offline wEvil

• The Other Good Renderer
    • http://www.andymelville.net
Guh..music.

Its an utter headache to synch any kind of animation to the music.  I havent worked out how to interleave the audio with my video file yet either!

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Hm, have you tried Adobe Premiere? ;)
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline CODEDOG ND

• Dark Agent
Actually the music for the trailer orginates from the sound track of an American made movie by Oliver Stone called Platoon.  Very good movie if you haven't seen it.  It is a triology with Platoon,Born on the 4th of July, and Heaven and Earth.
It's a fact.  Stupid people have stupid children.  If you are stupid, don't have sex.  If you insist on having sex.  Have sex with animals.  If you have sex with an animal.  Make sure the animal is smarter than you are.  Just encase of some biological fluke you and the animal have offspring, they won't be as stupid as you are.   One more thing.  Don't assume the animal is protected.  If the animal has a condom, or if female some interuterian device, insist they wear it.  Help stop this mindless mindlessness.  Keep your stupidty to yourself.  This message was brought to you by the Committee of Concerned Citizens that are Smarter than You are.

Offline wEvil

• The Other Good Renderer
    • http://www.andymelville.net
Originally posted by Styxx
Hm, have you tried Adobe Premiere? ;)

I hate adobe with a passion.

So far i've done fine with Digital Fusion and VirtualDub.

Hrrm...does combustion do audio compositing?

CODEDOG, no no no no no, the sound track simply used the peice as its theme. Considering Barber died 3 years before the film was made he obvioulsy did a good job doing the sound track..........

Adagio for strings was first RECORDED in 1957, though it had been written in the 1940's as the artitst's attempt to capture the sorrow of war (commisioned by the Army Air Corps no less).

Offline CODEDOG ND

• Dark Agent
Originally posted by Mr Carrot
CODEDOG, no no no no no, the sound track simply used the peice as its theme. Considering Barber died 3 years before the film was made he obvioulsy did a good job doing the sound track..........

Adagio for strings was first RECORDED in 1957, though it had been written in the 1940's as the artitst's attempt to capture the sorrow of war (commisioned by the Army Air Corps no less).

Damn!  He caught me....:rolleyes:

Anyways, watch the friggin movies ppl!!!!!!  Spielburg sucks Stone...
OWNZ J00!!!! :D :D :D
It's a fact.  Stupid people have stupid children.  If you are stupid, don't have sex.  If you insist on having sex.  Have sex with animals.  If you have sex with an animal.  Make sure the animal is smarter than you are.  Just encase of some biological fluke you and the animal have offspring, they won't be as stupid as you are.   One more thing.  Don't assume the animal is protected.  If the animal has a condom, or if female some interuterian device, insist they wear it.  Help stop this mindless mindlessness.  Keep your stupidty to yourself.  This message was brought to you by the Committee of Concerned Citizens that are Smarter than You are.

Well you know Speilberg couldnt make a Vietnam movie, there would be no evil germans killing children!

Offline Skippy

• It's not a bug, it's a featureā„¢
    • FS/FS2 Campaigns List
MACHINA TERRA | FS/FS2 Campaigns list
Specs: Core2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HD, gfg7700 (Asus G1 Laptop)
Q9550, 4GB DDR2, 2x500GB HD (RAID1), RHD4870, X48-DS6, Corsair 620HX (Desktop)

Offline CODEDOG ND

• Dark Agent
Willem DaFoe 0wnz j00!!!!!!!

The kiddies will know him from the new Spiderman movie.:D

Putting Adagio in the trailer just made me want MT more than any of the other campaigns out there, I LOVE that song!  
Well, I suppose the cool animation added a little to it... :cool: