Author Topic: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?  (Read 190418 times)

Re: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?
Add a Gargant
Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

Offline -Norbert-

Why add a Gargant when they have such a gorgeous moon landscape an several buildings.
That's it! A chase through Luna city!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I need that flagged as un-stealth so i can `+K that stuff :nod:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline -Sara-

I would like to see an atmosphere mission in WiH 2, with the sun rising and colors from pink to blue, and a big sun glare on one side of the map...

How about a Solar Corona hide-away from persuers.  :D All timer based with handicaps occuring over time.

Considering the Indus' crew was slowly been radiated to death I don't think this'll be likely. Be cool though.

They came unprepared. :) Few'd follow you if you are insane enough to try it.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Why add a Gargant when they have such a gorgeous moon landscape an several buildings.
That's it! A chase through Luna city!

Because I actually want to see a Gargant in a campaign
Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
As with all things in BP, we will do things because they are interesting and make for good gameplay and storytelling, not because they are huge.

A Gargant in and of itself is not interesting. This does not necessarily mean it cannot be made interesting, but we'll cross that bridge if we ever come to it.

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Well, BP is a trilogy, after all. All kinds of big things can happen in Part 3, especially if the Shivans and Vishnans come back to center stage.
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline -Norbert-

How about a Solar Corona hide-away from persuers.  :D All timer based with handicaps occuring over time.

Considering the Indus' crew was slowly been radiated to death I don't think this'll be likely. Be cool though.

They came unprepared. :) Few'd follow you if you are insane enough to try it.
Unprepared is a nice way to say it. I'd call it heavily damaged. And no matter how radiation resistant your hull is, it won't do any good if said hull is full of holes from a recent battle and crashjump.
Also I somehow doubt a fighter could survive very long in the 2 million degree kelvin of the sun's corona.

Unprepared is a nice way to say it. I'd call it heavily damaged. And no matter how radiation resistant your hull is, it won't do any good if said hull is full of holes from a recent battle and crashjump.
Also I somehow doubt a fighter could survive very long in the 2 million degree kelvin of the sun's corona.

Well, Sara's idea has quite something to it. If it is indeed unthinkable for a fighter, why not do it as another bonus-capship mission? Or make it a specially shielded (proabably stealth) fighter, add an SEXP - as soon as your shields drop... you're mincemeat.

THAT would be a challenge even for experienced players, to keep that up if it came to a dogfight (depending on the other mission design). Combine it with failing jump drives, reactor problems that indicate your shield probably won't hold out much longer, enemies closing in and nearly discovering you - and you can create quite a sense of urgency for one mission.

You could even create urgency without enemies. Add a bunch of SEXPs, in which you have to repair something via 1,2,3,4 etc. in the right order. Always failing? The answer will be in the specifications in your tech room. Maybe a bit cruel, but it will make you either read it or go through heaps and heaps of trial and error.

Offline -Sara-

Could then have warning buoys which predict where a sunflare will erupt and as if avoiding the enemy isn't enough, you got to maneuver out of the way of those sunflares in time too. :D

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
do you have any idea how large solar flares are?  there is no maneuvering out of the way.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline -Sara-

True, but gameplay before anything.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
When gameplay doesn't already break reality in a situation, we don't need to add more stuff that does.

Aside from the sheer size of them, you wouldn't get any warning either.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Well, technically the hard radiation will precede the ejection by some time.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
do you have any idea how large solar flares are?  there is no maneuvering out of the way.

You have a subspace drive, you can dodge a flare. :P
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator

Won't that sort of affect the pilot before he flare shows up then, or is it just harmless stuff like x-rays?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Won't that sort of affect the pilot before he flare shows up then, or is it just harmless stuff like x-rays?

It'd definitely be bad news for a pilot, but no worse than a standard battlefield environment, so presumably they're protected.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
there is no such thing as "harmless" radiation at the intensities we're talking about coming out of the sun. 

well i guess non-ionizing would be, but that's not happening.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Flak

It is just about a question of how well the ships' armor protect them from it. It is just extremely hard to completely block or reflect X-ray and gamma radiation, so it is about reducing it to non-harmful levels.

Offline -Sara-

Found a rather exploitable bug in the UX Accelerator. If you fire hellfire missiles and hold the primary fire button, the UX Accelerator has no refill time after 4 shots, allowing for continuous devastating firing. I'm not sure if you were aware of this.