Author Topic: *Under new management* BP2:WiH P1 Voice Acting Call  (Read 82320 times)

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Re: The Blue Planet: War In Heaven Part 1 Voice Acting Call - "Minor" roles
To be part of such an amazing universe would be an honour. I'm going to audition for some parts (probably Ensign Camerone, as I figured out that I sound a little young).

EDIT: If I want to send in multiple auditions, should I send them all in one email or as separate emails?

EDIT 2: Camerone has been declared female in the OP. I definitely don't fit that category. :D
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 07:26:17 am by CommanderDJ »
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
EDIT: If I want to send in multiple auditions, should I send them all in one email or as separate emails?
Send them all together if possible, just keep in mind the total attachment size limit that I mentioned in my OP.  As long as the filenames are correct, I will be able to figure out where they go.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline Kolgena

Thought I'd take a stab at Prathanya. My voice probably isn't suited to him/her after reviewing the files, but oh well. Let me know if they're bad and I can try my hand at some other roles.

(Also, the files are not of the greatest quality because I'm using the mic mounted in my laptop's lid, and am sitting in my bedroom)

Edit: Sent.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 04:14:33 pm by Kolgena »

Re: Blue Planet: War In Heaven Part 1 Voice Acting Call - "Minor" roles
Just got audacity. i'll try out GTCv Arethusa. If you guys like that I might put a couple of others in. I have a pretty manly voice for 17  :lol:  :cool:
"And God said, 'Let there be football'. It came to be, and He saw that it was awesome."

"I played in a death metal band. People either loved us or hated us. Or they thought we were OK."

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Batutta raised a question in the other WiH voice acting thread.
Most, if not all, lines say 'male or female', as if either was fine. But what if the .ani is female and the submitted line is done by a male in a male voice? Which takes priority?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Batutta raised a question in the other WiH voice acting thread.
Most, if not all, lines say 'male or female', as if either was fine. But what if the .ani is female and the submitted line is done by a male in a male voice? Which takes priority?

If the lines are good we could in some cases adjust character gender, but not all; some minor characters have their gender explicitly stated.

That needs to get cleared up.

Offline Kolgena

A better pronunciation guide might be nice too. Many of the character names have unclear/ambiguous pronunciation.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
A better pronunciation guide might be nice too. Many of the character names have unclear/ambiguous pronunciation.

If you are having trouble with a name, please post in the thread or contact me, so we can get it sorted out.

OP Change log:
  • Fixed a variety of formatting and spelling issues.
  • Added more detail to stage direction for the minor parts.
  • Shifted "Major Prathanya" because of post length reasons.
  • Fixed previously mentioned Male/Female tag for "Shuduhune Alpha 1" (unfortunately I haven't done the rest yet).

EDIT: Male, Mail, whats the difference, they are both words :P
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 12:55:28 am by Iss Mneur »
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
I sent off a few lines today.  :shaking: :D

EDIT: Sent off a few more.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 12:39:03 am by CommanderDJ »
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Kolgena

Are we to expect feedback before Sept 30? Because at least for me, I can't do any more lines past like, next week.

Offline -Norbert-

Is it possible there are some lines missiong for mission one.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think I remember one of the Cruisers throwing some pretty pissed off comments at me about it being my fault that thousands of civilians died, when I lost a transport on my first playthrough.

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I'm pretty sure that was the Ironhide (which is already on the list), but correct me if I'm wrong.

I've told some friends on Facebook about this in case they're interested in this kind of thing. Personally I don't think I'd make a very good voice actor. Certainly in nothing serious, anyway :P

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
What the hell, submitted. :nervous:
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline -Norbert-

I'm pretty sure that was the Ironhide (which is already on the list), but correct me if I'm wrong.
Fale alert.
Just checked to be sure and it's the Suffron, not the Ironhide.
And that ship is in the upper section of the first post, with the major roles...

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If you meant to type 'Fail alert' there, you, well, failed. :p But I stand corrected.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Role list updated: I have fixed the listed sexes of the parts, as per Battuta.

Are we to expect feedback before Sept 30? Because at least for me, I can't do any more lines past like, next week.
No, unfortunately.  You will only hear from us before Sept 30th if there are technical issues with your performance or administrative problems (like you forgot to tell us how you want to be credited).

The only recommendation that I can give you (and anyone else) right now would be to do as many of the one and two-liners as you are comfortable with (if you have a lot of spare time, you could do the three liners as well).  We would find that very helpful.

As of right now, I have 5 auditions that are sitting in my inbox that I will process tonight when I am back from work.

Offline -Norbert-

If you meant to type 'Fail alert' there, you, well, failed.  But I stand corrected.
No, actually I wanted to type False altert, but it seems my keyboard got hungry and swollowed the s.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
If you meant to type 'Fail alert' there, you, well, failed.  But I stand corrected.
No, actually I wanted to type False altert, but it seems my keyboard got hungry and swollowed the s.

And crapped out a t? :D
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Sending out GTCv Arethusa Lines  :yes:

On an unrelated note..6 days till football!
"And God said, 'Let there be football'. It came to be, and He saw that it was awesome."

"I played in a death metal band. People either loved us or hated us. Or they thought we were OK."

Offline Kolgena

Hmm.

How to pronounce "Fabian Kurniadi". Very much thank you for assist. I'm thinking FAY-bee-ehn ker-NYAH-dee.

(Also, I'll attempt and submit Scorpio 1 if nobody minds)

Edit: Sent.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 05:43:07 pm by Kolgena »