Author Topic: HEF Blizzard [Released]  (Read 21538 times)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: Texture is Finally Complete!
It's amazing, the hole model is frikking amazing! :yes:
el hombre vicio...

9 hours of rigging and coding later......  :sigh:. I am so tired....

So the fighter is functional ingame. Still no lods or debris but most of everything is there. I still need to make a new cockpit as this one is very very old and uses the ol terrcoc texture. Also the windshield is visible from inside. Which is a slight problem...

At this point and time the Blizzard is technically release worthy though very very sloppy. My coding is wacked out, I've been away from FS2 coding for a long while. Heck the thing is dependent on the MediaVP code to work... I'd still at least like to get the LODs done though.
I have created a masterpiece.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
It still looks epically tight. 
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Is there a way that you can make the 3rd person maximum zoom closer to the model? As it is right now the fighter occupies very little of the screen. Of course this is a bit of a good thing as it won't obscure the screen but for me it places the fighter too far forward, makes aiming tougher, and I can't see all the hard work I put into it  :D!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I...believe there is. Second.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The view distance depends on the model's bounding box.

At this point and time the Blizzard is technically release worthy though very very sloppy. My coding is wacked out, I've been away from FS2 coding for a long while. Heck the thing is dependent on the MediaVP code to work... I'd still at least like to get the LODs done though.

Err. What kind of coding are you talking about? I think you may be using that word in a new and unfamiliar sense.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline -Sara-

Great design, I assume Babylon-5 themed, or is it a generally-any-universe design? :)
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Righto, after 7 hours today I finished the LODs and debris! Right now the only oddity is the collision detection which seems a tad odd. You still collide no doubt but it is... just strange. Like the nose clips with things but collides when it goes past the cockpit. I suspect it is the submodel order or similar. Like the model collides with where I suspect where a debris model is. I just made a new POF that could fix that.

Err. What kind of coding are you talking about? I think you may be using that word in a new and unfamiliar sense.

As in the coding is a mess? All I did was make a copy template and modified values and added some I thought were interesting from the Wiki. Frankly... I -HIGHLY- look forward to ya making the code a lot better XD.

My model uses 4 textures sadly, but they aren't that big I hope. There is the one huge 2048x2048 texture, the glass texture, cockpit and pilot texture, and tiling debris flame texture. The lods are 13,000 for 0, 6000 for 1, 2000 for 2, 1000 for 1. Aggressive loding enough for ya?  :p

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter

As in the coding is a mess? All I did was make a copy template and modified values and added some I thought were interesting from the Wiki. Frankly... I -HIGHLY- look forward to ya making the code a lot better XD.

You are using "coding" in a new and unfamiliar way. I think you are talking about the fighter's tbl entry. "Coding", to me and many others, means either additions to the FSO engine source or additions to scripting.tbl using LUA.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Sorry about that. In other modding communities I've been to, coding generally refers to editing what is their equivalent of tables while scripting is more akin to mission events and not the scripting this place is used to.

I have been talking to a more 'professional' texture artist on suggestions to make the stuff better and has given me some suggestions. I am doing these suggestions which should improve the texture quality, as quite frankly without the normal map it looks rather bland.

Here is an example of this guy's work, all of which is hand painted:

So assuredly I should probably listen to him.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Looks great.
Are these models free or do they have to be bought?

They are part of a mod, and as Command and Conquer 3 does not allow you to extract models and textures when compiled, I'd say neither.

Holy crap, what C&C3 mod is that, MEC2 (judging by the UN markings)?  I can't wait to use a tank that has "Ultima Ratio" painted on the side.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

If you have questions for Mec2 I'd recommend you'd take that to a CNC forum, seeing as this is a Freespace 2 themed forum and thread I'd keep things on topic.

I've written up some things that need doing. The panels on my model are quite clean. What was pointed out is that inside each panel is a slightly darker overlay like on the bomber. Also having a faint scratch line in the general direction the fighter flies will help bring out some detail. So I will be texturing this stuff real soon. Some 'small' RL issues just popped up hindering my time directly for 2 hours and rendering me exhausted for like 2 more, so this may take a while.

EDIT:
Smurf sends a texturing suggestion
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 01:39:51 pm by Vengence »

Buddabumpbadum, I dislike double posting but I wanted some feedback on the progress:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Still very pretty.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Mmmmmm pretty.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
I like it
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp