Author Topic: Ask a crew member  (Read 281895 times)

how's goning with wings of down 2

Offline T-LoW

• Planet Earth is blue and theres nothing left to do
    • German Freespace-Galaxy
how's goning with wings of down 2

I think it's going             -               upwards.
The german Freespace-Galaxy

"There was a time before we were born. If someone asks this is where I'll be."

Crystal, do all Cyrvan vessels boast the self-repairing adamantium armor the Aestival does?
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Ah, but you put yourself in the game, Spoon! So you're not immune to the questions! Oh, and I know something that you did too. When I was looking in FRED at some of the missions, I see you set all the members of the Hard Light Squadron to "Wingman Average". Everyone except Spoon, who got "Wingman Excellent".  :pimp:

Still, as the maker of the game, it stands to reason that your in-game incarnation would be better at it. So I'll let you off. And of course, it makes the level that little bit easier. ;)
:pimp:

Is there anyone out there who we haven’t seen yet, who would like to show their face and talk with us? Come on out and introduce yourselves! We don't bite :)
There is someone you've seen already a bunch of pages back. Go and find her 

Yaiceca: Which people among us would you use as target practice if you could? (I need to know when I should Alt-J out.)

"Naturally, all of you."

Any Cyrvan: Was there any reaction/surprise when you learned Terrans have an almost exact replica of your race in our fictional works, despite having never made contact with you before? Also, is there anything similar to a Terran in yours?
"No one could ever have been so mental to come up with the concept of a Gerran."

Any Cyrvan: Is Cyrvan long life unique to you, or do other species on your planet also enjoy long lives?
"Our perfection is not related to the climate of our homeplanet."

Any Cyrvan: Could you tell me about the Yehio, and did any harm come to them during the war?
"None of them were harmed because they were nicely tucked away on their homeplanet.
Now I might enlighten you about them some more, but it will depend on how you ask."

I'm going to pretend Milkshake is stabbing Jellyfish for lying when we all know Milkshake just enjoys making milkshakes for the entire crew of the Guardian Angel. That's right, isn't it, Milkshake? I bet Crystal gets really bad brain freeze due to the whole superior Cyrvan information processing thing. Right?

"That's it. I'm out of here. I'm not suffering these imbeciles any longer!"

I shall remedy the situation!

To: Kunoichi, Tempest and Milkshake.

What do you plan on doing once your terms of service are up, and you're all able to leave the military?

"Become an idol."

"Run the most succesful merc corp ever!"

Anyone: Are there any gestures that have wildly different meanings in Cyrvan culture as opposed to Terran?
"I heard that sticking your middlefinger up to someone means something along the lines of 'I owe you one'. I dont think I need to explain what it means in our culture, nyohohoho."

Oho, that sounds like a challenge. Crystal, what's the legal status of gambling in LSF/CSA space? Cut you 10% to look the other way.

"Completely legal, but I'll take the 10%."

So I was looking at the WoD starmap earlier, thought of Dawn, and noticed that Vasuda isn't present. Maybe the Zods just haven't been discovered yet? Which brings me to the question--how many systems outside of LSF/CSA/Hertak-controlled space exist but haven't been claimed/colonized yet?
"Countless numbers, but finding the starlances leading to them is always the biggest obstacle."

Crystal, do all Cyrvan vessels boast the self-repairing adamantium armor the Aestival does?
"Yes, they do."

Anyone: What do Terrans who move to Cyrvan Worlds tend to do with themselves? It’s clear the Cyrvans aren’t operating a benefit state. They expect people to enhance their society if they’re going to live there. So what roles do Terrans fulfil?
"Well for the most part they are free to do whatever, but we do have a few special programs to help Terrans integrate."

Any Cyrvan: What do Cyrvans do for fun?
"All sorts of things! Too much to list."

Isa: What kind of military formations does a Cyrvan naval force use in a standard engagement? I notice LSF like to jump in and bring a lot of forward firepower to bear, how does the CSA operate?

"Oh? Are the Terrans starting to learn by intimidating us? How clever."

Isa Special Forces?
Because she simply wasn't dangerous enough as it is.
"I agree. A special task force would suit me quite well.
Maybe I should ask one for my 'bday'."

Isa: Could you rank the other races, including Terrans, in order of what threat they would pose to the Cyrvans?
This, with 'fictional' Terran forces: EA, GTVA, UEF...
Confed too!
"Hertak, Zy, LSF, Cordi, EA, Confed, Fura'ngle, GTVA, UEF, Nordera
I shall allow you to ask for my reasoning behind this."

Isa: In an all out war between the Cyrvan and Terran Alliance vs. the Zy/Fura'ngle alliance, which side do you think would prevail?
"The side I am on. I'll let you figure out which side that is."

Any Cyrvan: Do Cyrvans keep pets, and if so, what?
"Cats."

Nevertheless, Luna, sing a song for us?

"Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like on
Jupiter and Mars

In other words, hold my hand
In other words, baby, kiss me

Fill my heart with song
And let me sing forever more
You are all I long for
All I worship and adore

lalalala"
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Lorric

? But I asked for people I haven't seen. Is there anyone I have not seen who would like to come out and talk with us?

Hmph. Get out, Yaiceca. I have no time for your petty games.

CRYSTAL, dear, sweet Crystal, please step in and help enlighten me as to the nature of the Yehio. Oh, and I'd also like to put the question of "Was there any reaction/surprise when you learned Terrans have an almost exact replica of your race in our fictional works, despite having never made contact with you before?" To you too.

ISA: I will take you up on your offer. I am particularly interested as to the reasoning for the low ranking of the Fura'ngle. I suppose the fear factor comes into it, but they are a very advanced race. Small numbers perhaps? I was pleasantly surprised by the LSF's ranking. Also, I was surprised you put in the fictional races. Could you add the Kilrathi to the list please?

As to the alliance question, with the high LSF ranking, I'm sure you'd be with us. The Cyrvans handled an assault by both the Hertak and the Zy. There'd be no need to abandon your race to survive. Even if you have absolutely no care other than being on the winning side, Cyrvans and LSF would be the stronger side.

Other notes: Interesting all Cyrvan vessels regenerate...

Isa must have rich people to buy her birthday gifts... either that or task forces come cheap. This also establishes Cyrvans also celebrate birthdays. Imagine if they celebrated like we do. 1,000 candles on a cake, anyone? :)

I think it would be nice if some fanfiction from the authors of the piece of Crystal fanfiction was to surface on Yaiceca...

Thanks for answering everybody! :D

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
But every man with half a brain and a set of good eyes could seperate one blessed by the universe's n-dimensional toss of the m-faced coin form a true achiver. And considering I was able to read through your military record.... *stops* Oh, please believe me that I'm deply sorry for the intrusion but I had to do my research to be sure.

(To make up for my transgression I'll send you data that will allow you to track down that black market trader who sold it to me as soon as the opportunity arises; I believe he had a lot more in stock about your person than just that file. - Oh, and before you ask the file was authentic; I can't tell for sure about those other items as well... they were of a rather secondary priority to me at best. I'm too much a man of the mind.)

"Heh, easy money."
is your name Wynter?
somehow, looking at you makes the word reindeer come to mind for some reason.

come to think, i was expecting someone else but maybe i saw that on some other thread or the wiki.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 09:28:42 pm by yuezhi »
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline Lorric

What is this thing? I remember taking it for some sort of mistake when I read through the thread. Dead eyes and no nose...

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
People versed in anime lore call that a 'super deformed face', and it's often done for comedy. Here you can find an example.

"Hertak, Zy, LSF, Cordi, EA, Confed, Fura'ngle, GTVA, UEF, Nordera
I shall allow you to ask for my reasoning behind this."
Go ahead, please. Also, who are the 'Confeds'?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Lorric

People versed in anime lore call that a 'super deformed face', and it's often done for comedy. Here you can find an example.

If I hadn't known Cyrvans were averse to complex AIs, I would have taken it for an android. I don't like it...

Hopefully Wynter will have a pleasing personality to make up for it.

Oh and "Confeds", That's the Confederation. The Terrans in the Wing Commander universe. I've asked her to throw in the Kilrathi, the antagonist feline race from the same universe.

Offline LunarNightmare

• ...what year is it?
    • Minecraft
Yaiceca: Which people among us would you use as target practice if you could? (I need to know when I should Alt-J out.)
"Naturally, all of you."

I always liked that option... Anyway, who'd you shoot first?

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
That's the Confederation. The Terrans in the Wing Commander universe.
They must be pretty powerful, she ranked them above the Fur'angle. And something tells me she's using Babylon 5's EA instead of Inferno's...
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Quanto

• Permanent Nostalgia Goggles
"Naturally, all of you."
I'll accept that challenge!
By the end of it you will be thanking me for ending your miserable life.
00:41:58 <DarthGeek>: I might do it, I need to build a reputation of someone who doesn't suffer fools
(DarthGeek on: "Relentless")

Offline Lorric

I doubt any of us are important enough to her for it to matter. She'll just shoot the most opportune target first.

Offline Lorric

I wonder what you're going to do to her...

Offline qwadtep

As an alternative, I posit that if Isa had a harem, that's how the members would look.

"Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like on
Jupiter and Mars

In other words, hold my hand
In other words, baby, kiss me

Fill my heart with song
And let me sing forever more
You are all I long for
All I worship and adore

lalalala"
Thank you, Luna, that was beautiful. If only Yaiceca could be more like you.

Offline Quanto

• Permanent Nostalgia Goggles

I wonder what you're going to do to her...
Why I would battle her in fighter duel. Of course I would be flying a Feather 1, and she her fighter of choice, the LSF craft are too finicky for my tastes.
00:41:58 <DarthGeek>: I might do it, I need to build a reputation of someone who doesn't suffer fools
(DarthGeek on: "Relentless")

Offline LunarNightmare

• ...what year is it?
    • Minecraft

I doubt any of us are important enough to her for it to matter. She'll just shoot the most opportune target first.

I always liked that tactic too... but it's not so great when i'm the one catching rounds while dancing around, trying to avoid missiles.

Offline -Norbert-

I am particularly interested as to the reasoning for the low ranking of the Fura'ngle. I suppose the fear factor comes into it, but they are a very advanced race. Small numbers perhaps?
Or maybe because you can just fly a fighter below their shields and blow the completely exposed reactor to bits in less than 20 seconds...
Or maybe their ridiculously high vulnerbility to physical weapons, once the shields are down.
Or that they are coward, who only fight when left with no other choice.

Come to think of it, I wonder more why they are in front of the GTVA (unless it's the FS2 era GTVA. I think the BP and Inferno GTVAs would waste the Fura'ngle).

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Because FS fighters cannot hope to win against fighters with cycling, 360-degree all-around firepower. Fura'ngle fighters don't have to be pointing at their targets to kill them. Well, on another note...

Does the CSA have any MCWSes that greatly surpasses the Aestival in maneuverability?

Offline Lorric

Or maybe because you can just fly a fighter below their shields and blow the completely exposed reactor to bits in less than 20 seconds...
Or maybe their ridiculously high vulnerbility to physical weapons, once the shields are down.
Or that they are coward, who only fight when left with no other choice.

Come to think of it, I wonder more why they are in front of the GTVA (unless it's the FS2 era GTVA. I think the BP and Inferno GTVAs would waste the Fura'ngle).

I have no idea why I didn't think of that obvious weakness.

As for the GTVA, I'm guessing Spoon is going on raw stats, and WoD crushes FS2 on stats. I'm sure it's the FS2 GTVA.