Author Topic: Wings of Dawn 2  (Read 30048 times)

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
I worked so hard on the Nordera Blacksmith too.  :(
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
'Blacksmith' I hear? A better version of the Battleaxe, I hope. Or one without the Hertak kill protocol.
Still, the parts of the image that weren't ambient_factor'd to oblivion look awesome.

Aestivals are green.

A light shade of green, and it was reflective. This is opaque dark green. Cordi green.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 11:20:34 pm by Jellyfish »
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Flak

Any capital ships for the Zy?

Offline guitarfan01

• Longtime Lurker
First off, welcome to HLP guitarfan01  :)
  Thanks!  I've been lurking on the Diaspora board (and before that, BTRL ...on the other forum) for years, but I have just recently come to explore the rest of HLP and FSO.  I'm just starting to play the 3.6.12 version of the retail FS2 campaign now, thanks to GOG.  I played TIE Fighter, X-Wing, X-Wing Alliance, Descent, Wing Commanders 3-Prophecy all when they came out, but never FreeSpace until now.

Cowboy music is pretty distinct/jazzy, its quite a bit different from the music used in WoD so far.
I do have a pretty much every track Yoko kanno made on my pc (just in a wierd .ape format, need to convert that) so I'm definitely going to be looking for tracks there :nod:

Aha, good news indeed!  I don't believe I've ever heard of .ape format.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 01:48:01 am by guitarfan01 »

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
inb4 r.ape
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
And noone notices that its not a Battleaxe getting carved up :P
I worked so hard on the Nordera Blacksmith too.  :(
I noticed, I noticed! I just didn't say anything! :nervous:

Offline -Norbert-

Yoko Kanno really is a great composer. He (or she? I actually don't now) is for Anime what Jeremy Soule is for computer games.

Nice Job Spoon. Had a lot of fun with the first WoD, eagerly awaiting this one. :yes:

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
And noone notices that its not a Battleaxe getting carved up :P

To be fair, it has nearly the same basic shape. We just thought it had bee massively prettified.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
True that.
The sidepods are on opposite sides though :P
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Yoko Kanno really is a great composer. He (or she? I actually don't now) is for Anime what Jeremy Soule is for computer games.

She.

More of a fan of Yuki Kajiura's work myself, but Yoko Kanno is nothing short of amazing.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
I do know Yuki Kajiura (his/her work in Madoka and My-HiME were awesome) but Yoko Kanno goes right above my head.
What did she do?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

The way I hear it,  Everything, but the only thing I know she was involved in was Cowboy Bebop. Oh, and Macross Plus.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

First thought: Google it.

More Direct Answer: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and other utterly awesome stuff.

Another artist to potentially look up: MELL
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Wow, she really has  done the music for everything. Or at least, everything I've bothered watching.

So Spoon, if it isn't revealing too much, how big are some of the battles in WoD2 going to get? You have a skill with throwing hordes of ships into a mission and not letting it turn into a BOE, which is awesome and I'm curious as to whether or not you were going to expand on that.

Offline -Norbert-

More Direct Answer: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and other utterly awesome stuff.
Don't forget Vision of Escaflowne. You can think of the series what you will, but the soundtrack is really great.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
To be honest, I can't stand most of Kanno's work outside of her more well-known series. :P
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Wow, she really has  done the music for everything. Or at least, everything I've bothered watching.

So Spoon, if it isn't revealing too much, how big are some of the battles in WoD2 going to get? You have a skill with throwing hordes of ships into a mission and not letting it turn into a BOE, which is awesome and I'm curious as to whether or not you were going to expand on that.
Some of the new capital ships produce a tremendous amount of firepower on their own, So much that I'm afraid that I'll hit the object limit  :p
It's likely that on average, WoD2 will have less ships on screen than WoD1 did
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Aw. The BoE's (except good) were fun. But, you've already proven your abilities as a FREDer, so I'm sure that whatever you end up doing in WoD2 will be awesome.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Thanks  :)
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them