Author Topic: Wings of Dawn 2  (Read 29883 times)

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!

Why ask? WoD 2 is a great idea!

What about moar dakka?
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
If one of ideas I have for WoD goes in, you'll see a gatling autocannon with ROF that approaches real-life gatling guns.  :)
The only reason it doesn't go even further is that engine has difficulties with handling these levels of more dakka (of course, I made sure that it won't cause problems).  

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
If one of ideas I have for WoD goes in, you'll see a gatling autocannon with ROF that approaches real-life gatling guns.  :)
The only reason it doesn't go even further is that engine has difficulties with handling these levels of more dakka (of course, I made sure that it won't cause problems).  

Did you play with the Feather 3 with the HiVel yet?

:cool:
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

By real-life Gatling guns, you wouldn't be referring to the M61 Vulcan?  The M61A2 has a rate of fire of 110 rounds per second, so is FSO capable of handling something that's even approaching that?  Although, considering we used a 55mm autocannon in WoD1, your weapon would probably be closer to the GAU-8 Avenger which fires at the sedate pace of seventy rounds per second.

Either way, it sounds freaking awesome.  Spoon, add Dragon's weapon!
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Is this going to be a darker and edgier sequel?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Darker the edgier sequel ;)
Wings of Dusk
57% more angst
Three times more grimdark

Hah, I just realised that I don't associate the 00 Gundam theme with Gundam, I associate it with WoD
Hah, I just realised that I don't associate the 00 Gundam theme with Gundam, I associate it with WoD
  :D
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Hopefully, no. There's already plenty of grim'n dark FS2 campaigns. No need to make one that isn't into one of those
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline -Norbert-

Take away Misuzu and Infi and even WoD 1 is pretty dark.
I mean most of the time your faction is losing terretory no matter how well they are doing.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
By real-life Gatling guns, you wouldn't be referring to the M61 Vulcan?  The M61A2 has a rate of fire of 110 rounds per second, so is FSO capable of handling something that's even approaching that?  Although, considering we used a 55mm autocannon in WoD1, your weapon would probably be closer to the GAU-8 Avenger which fires at the sedate pace of seventy rounds per second.

Either way, it sounds freaking awesome.  Spoon, add Dragon's weapon!
The gatling autocannon currently fires at 2400 rpm, which translates to 40 rounds per second. This is about how fast GAU-8 Avenger used to fire when it still had toggleable ROF (it doesn't now) or an M134 Minigun on a low setting. Due to the type of shells it uses, it's vastly more powerfull than GAU-8. It is also capable of loading different shells for various purposes. I would have said more, but any other information regarding this weapon is classified level Omega.  :)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

**** that. Light bubbly anime style~!

Or at least sufficient awesome.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Hopefully, no. There's already plenty of grim'n dark FS2 campaigns. No need to make one that isn't into one of those

I dunno, "darker and edgier" is the vibe I get from the screenshots. Also Spoon not denying Ypoknos' comments.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Well, since the JGASF doesn't appear in those screenshots, and they have the shiny white ships, without them, everything seems darker.
Or it may be Spoon's launcher flags, who knows.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

QFT
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Will most of the old cast be reappearing.

Offline -Norbert-

I guess Misuzu, Crystal and Dawn being in it is a given.
Apart from them aren't Kuonichi (or somthing like that - the shy one with the inferiority complex) and Justice the only other ones still in the JGASF, with Justice being instructor rather than pilots?

Tempest and Milkshake are still there too.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Nuclear1

WoD2:  Now with 85% more tentacle rape :p
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
And also, the dreaded notebook containing unspeakable fan art is found floating around in space...truth always finds a way.
el hombre vicio...

Offline -Norbert-

Now that you mention tentacles:
Will we be seeing that Cordi battleship type that the pilots talked about before Crystal rescued their queen?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
WoD2:  Now with 85% more tentacle rape :p
And also, the dreaded notebook containing unspeakable fan art is found floating around in space...truth always finds a way.
 :lol:

Will most of the old cast be reappearing.
Actually, no.
WoD II will have a mostly new cast, looking at things from a slightly different perspective.

Well, since the JGASF doesn't appear in those screenshots, and they have the shiny white ships, without them, everything seems darker.
Or it may be Spoon's launcher flags, who knows.
And much to my embarrassment, I only recently realized that my launcher flags were indeed completely different from the ones I usually have.

Here's take 2, now with less empty space and slightly brighter lighting  :p

Now that you mention tentacles:
Will we be seeing that Cordi battleship type that the pilots talked about before Crystal rescued their queen?
There will be new ship designs for every race  :nod:
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them