Author Topic: HTL Medusa  (Read 70770 times)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Sexy Dusa is sexy.  Slap on some labels, burn marks and chip off some paint and she'll be rockin' it hard.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
:jaw:

That is all.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Everyone involved should get Conspicuous Medal of Awesomeness.

I don't like the green color on the hull, it seems like we are adding color for the sake of just adding color. I would prefer the hull to be the same color as the missle pods, makes the hull consistent,  but this is such a nice upgrade from the original I'll fly whatever you guys decide  :)

Very rarely is any color added for any other reason than for the sake of color.

Ever wonder why modern jets and ships are almost entirely gun-metal grey? Because they didn't add color for the sake of color.

Offline Sab0o

Not entirely sure where to go from here, I guess you guys want to see more WEAR AND TEAR though..

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
I dunno, I'd be perfectly okay with it as it is, but there are probably more pricks here than there are accepting people.

Otherwise, I jizzed.  In.  My pants.
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I dunno, I'd be perfectly okay with it as it is, but there are probably more pricks here than there are accepting people.

Nice, anyone who doesn't passively accept is a prick. I like it.

I think you should definitely go more balls-out with the weathering and scoring. The blast scoring around the missile tubes was awesome on the original.

The distressed touches are pretty sweet though. WEAR AND TEAR

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Could use some glowy bits like the original had and a bit more detail but other than that? It's good so far.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown

Nice, anyone who doesn't passively accept is a prick. I like it.

Not exactly what I meant, I was more or less referring to the mass amounts of rage that occurred recently (though that's probably unrelated), though sorry for implying that.

Anyways, at this point it could go in as it is, or you could make it appear more 'used' as Battuta suggested with the scorched spots.
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

it's perfect. This belongs to the FS Open.
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It's good, but right now, it looks factory-new.
Some wear and tear would be nice, marks from missile exhaust, a few scratches here and there...
Medusa could stand to be a bit dirty.  :)
Oh, and don't forget lights.

Listen, I have served in an air base, as an AA gunner back when I was in the Greek Air Force.
The techs would never allow an air craft to have a less than perfect paintjob. That's just the way things were done.
I know this is sci fi and a pc game none the less, still, I don't think that the crews tasked with the maintenance and upkeep of those fighters would allow them to deteriorate so much so that wear and tear would have been apparent. Battle damage would have been patched up in the best possible manner.
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Offline Nighteyes

I say make it a bit more like in the original, put some black/dark gray burn marks around the missiles, and make the exposed engine parts much darker.
don't add stupid lights, we don't want a xmas tree, we want a military fighter, add some small wear and tear, maybe some chipped paint, but don't overdo it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
*just a small edit I made in photoshop

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Nighteyes is onto it. Also, the decals on the original would be nice.

But all that notwithstanding, this really is a top notc job Sabo0.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
That scorch stuff Nighteyes did is great.

Looking good, it is hard to see the weathering on a grey ship.

Personally I like the clean version so far.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Scorching is great, and as has been noted, the aircraft warning labels that were on the original are missing.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Listen, I have served in an air base, as an AA gunner back when I was in the Greek Air Force.
The techs would never allow an air craft to have a less than perfect paintjob. That's just the way things were done.
I know this is sci fi and a pc game none the less, still, I don't think that the crews tasked with the maintenance and upkeep of those fighters would allow them to deteriorate so much so that wear and tear would have been apparent. Battle damage would have been patched up in the best possible manner.
Yeah, there's a sense of irony when the military worries more about how clean something looks over how practical it is.
Speaking from experience myself as well.

Though that comment isn't implying a complaint about the modified texture, the scorching looks damn good. But, considering the secondaries would be swapped off, replaced, etc, it might be a good idea to reduce some of the scorching on the missiles.

I also just got a stupid idea for a Starbuck shoutout featuring the Pristine Medusa. :nervous:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 03:13:35 am by Commander Zane »