Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 583818 times)

Offline watsisname

Yup.  Takes a lot of Ender Eyes to find the stronghold (let alone activate the portal), as sometimes when you toss them they will shatter instead of falling to the ground to be picked up again.  Though you can really save on pearls if you throw one from a few widely separated locations, draw a line on the map for the direction the pearls want to go, and extend them to where they cross. 
Then X marks the spot!

edit:  I wish there was a similar way to find Nether Strongholds, of course without the prerequisite of BLAZE POWDER which you have to get from those strongholds in the first place. D:  But then again Nether Stronghold are usually much easier to see (not being totally buried and all that).  Anyway, blah.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 06:56:35 pm by watsisname »
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
Just found out that the yogbox mod pack enjoys raping the hell out of my CPUs.  :mad:
Still ruddy good fun though!   :D

:shaking:
Oh. My. GOD!

My posting style is becoming reminiscent of a sober Dekker!

NOOOOOOOOOOooooooo!   :(

On a side note, I just downloaded a mod and am going to be playing with DINOS! WooYay!  :wakka:
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • EaWPR
Yup.  Takes a lot of Ender Eyes to find the stronghold (let alone activate the portal), as sometimes when you toss them they will shatter instead of falling to the ground to be picked up again.  Though you can really save on pearls if you throw one from a few widely separated locations, draw a line on the map for the direction the pearls want to go, and extend them to where they cross. 
Then X marks the spot!

edit:  I wish there was a similar way to find Nether Strongholds, of course without the prerequisite of BLAZE POWDER which you have to get from those strongholds in the first place. D:  But then again Nether Stronghold are usually much easier to see (not being totally buried and all that).  Anyway, blah.
Problem is, Ender Eyes don't always point toward the same stronghold.

Offline watsisname

Wait, wat?  All this time I thought there was just one stronghold per dimension. :O

* watsisname just notices that deathfun points out otherwise just a few posts earlier.

Damnit, how'd I miss that?
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
It should actually be unlimited, but Notch hasn't added that little value into the coding yet

Also learned today easy experience hunting. Get yourself into the bottom of a grinder and be the thing that mobs land on top of. You are registered as the killer and get the orbs!
Just need to find a way inside Pec's servers grinder without causing undo destruction...
"No"

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
It should actually be unlimited, but Notch hasn't added that little value into the coding yet

Also learned today easy experience hunting. Get yourself into the bottom of a grinder and be the thing that mobs land on top of. You are registered as the killer and get the orbs!
Just need to find a way inside Pec's servers grinder without causing undo destruction...
I need to make a shut-off switch for the grindah.

one way is to bring redstone from a lever to the sign part of a clocksign.

having a safe way to enter the grinder? hrrrrm.... dunno. i might figure out something.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • EaWPR
You could also use lava as a light source. Activate/deactivate with pistons.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
the light isnt the problem. the mob crusher at the bottom of the damn thing is :p
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline -Sara-

Easiest shut-off is pistons blocking the path of where mobs otherwise spawn, unless it spawns with redstone-signs.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
the light isnt the problem. the mob crusher at the bottom of the damn thing is :p

Wasn't there a drop kill grinder on the server? Or were they all crusher types
"No"

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken