Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 583759 times)

Offline Grimper

I see you don't understand the concept of taking it to PM's like I mentioned 20 posts ago. Acting haughty after every post I make isn't helping your rep, or cleaning up this topic like I've been trying to do, but you won't go for.
Here's the PM link:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=7329
Keep your replies in there and just drop it here.
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Steam
I see you don't understand the concept of taking it to PM's like I mentioned 20 posts ago. Acting haughty after every post I make isn't helping your rep, or cleaning up this topic like I've been trying to do, but you won't go for.
Here's the PM link:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=7329
Keep your replies in there and just drop it here.

It is a server related topic, and as such will remain open for those of the server until such time as I am asked to drop it by a mod, admin, or qaz. Don't like it or don't have any real arguments besides 'I'm unhappy, fix this even with all these other things in the works and/or actual problems that stop the server from running at all' then just leave the topic alone. You're saying nothing new, and offer no solutions that weren't ruled out well over a month ago when you last complained en masse. And what are all these complaints for? To build a grinder. People are willing to see how 1.0 changes things, perhaps you should drop it and do the same. There must be better things to do with your time then beat a dead horse.

Like was said last time you hopped on the mob train, trashman doesn't want them, have fun.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Grimper

Meh I'll see what I can do about getting an admin to encourage us then. This is going too far, dunno why you are refusing to drop it.
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline KyadCK

• Steam
Meh I'll see what I can do about getting an admin to encourage us then. This is going too far, dunno why you are refusing to drop it.

Because the moment it is droped in a maner that does not involve you giving up on it and letting things work out is the moment I set the timer for 30 days and await this to start all over again. I am rather interested in ending it now and avoiding this happening for a 3rd, 4th, or possibly even the 5th time as the server fails to live up to your expectations on how an SMP server should compare to SP.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I think I'm safe in saying that nobody, I say again, NOBODY except me has a right to complain about anything on the server. So quit it, both of you.

...and I don't want any "last word" posts, or any "He started" / "No, he started" crap. I live in that country. I don't want it on my internets as well.

Let's just hunt Sandwiched and make him drop 2x bread and 1x steak every time he dies. :D

You forget the garlic mayo, swiss cheese, and fried onion rings... :D

But he has so much lag, you'd have to run 5 blocks past him, swing, and hope you ran far enough to actually hit him. Then again, it sounds like an interesting sport... hmm...

Maybe just make it so I drop treasures when I get disconnected?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline KyadCK

• Steam
But he has so much lag, you'd have to run 5 blocks past him, swing, and hope you ran far enough to actually hit him. Then again, it sounds like an interesting sport... hmm...

Maybe just make it so I drop treasures when I get disconnected?

ugh onions  :ick:   And you know how completely unbalanced it would be if a script like that was set up. On the other hand, you'd have someone following you around Fenris at all times just waiting for it to happen, I would never need to upload screenshots for Fenris ever again.

So... unbalance server, or save a few seconds on upload time... I'm going to have to get back to you on that, though I don't think it would be implemented any time soon.

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
* IronBeer cautiously pokes his head into the thread.

Um, yeah- I forgot who I mentioned this to on IRC, but I iced what may have been the last Squid on the server some time last week.

Also, I'm just gonna throw this out here (swear this isn't aimed at anybody in particular): mob grinders are kind of pointless when there are Creators (my term for players with Creative) on the server. Just make buddy-buddy with them and get whatever resources you want. That said, when the 1.0 update goes through, Nether monster drops will be kind of a big deal, but we'll deal with that then.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
At least according to the wiki article on spawning, it seems like squids should have a separate cap from animals and monsters, so I wouldn't think that re-enabling them would affect anything else.

And yeah, you could always get someone to drop you off a few stacks of stuff, but I can't be the only one who feels like that's a bit cheap.  It's one thing to be using creative mode to do something as insane as the Fenris or Trashmania, but I enjoy the concept of getting by with what's available to me in the world myself.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
Basicly, a grinder is something that spawns a ton of mobs, kills them, and puts all their loot in one location for easy pick up. For hours on end, or however long you stay there.

Wasn't my question, but eh. My attempt was to demonstrate how pointless this argument is, but I seemed to have failed on that

Took my first step into the Nether on Pec's server. Looking real good actually
Time to do some village hunting, will post coords when I come across one

Bridge like structure at -257 x, 108 z, 71 y. Fairly nifty

I'm quite liking the look of Nether Brick, will probably end up using that to make a Nether city in the overworld
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 03:34:54 am by deathfun »
"No"

Offline watsisname

Minecraft + 64x64 textures + creative mode + sleep deprivation = colorful treasure room - sanity
HNNNNNG

In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline KyadCK

• Steam
At least according to the wiki article on spawning, it seems like squids should have a separate cap from animals and monsters, so I wouldn't think that re-enabling them would affect anything else.

And yeah, you could always get someone to drop you off a few stacks of stuff, but I can't be the only one who feels like that's a bit cheap.  It's one thing to be using creative mode to do something as insane as the Fenris or Trashmania, but I enjoy the concept of getting by with what's available to me in the world myself.

A grinder is just as bad as asking a creative person, only you don't actually have to ask.

As for squids, oh man are they annoying. They like to spawn in large groups then all swim to one spot just to be there. If they ate animals that went for a swim that'd be cool, but they're just boring.

Minecraft + 64x64 textures + creative mode + sleep deprivation = colorful treasure room - sanity
HNNNNNG

That looks really good for minecraft, whats the problem?  :confused:  It almost looks like an old Blake Stone map.

Offline -Sara-

Weird sign at spawn which I removed, it read:

frinkle frinkle
little far
how i wonder
is a cat

Well we now think to know who the griever is thanks to Qaz, good work. :)
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc

frinkle frinkle
little far
how i wonder
is a cat

.....The frak?  :wtf:
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline -Sara-

frinkle frinkle
little far
how i wonder
is a cat

.....The frak?  :wtf:

A griever struck again, sabotaged JC's castle cannon.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
can't you protect the entire server with a login or something? so that unless you sign in, you can't interact with any blocks?
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
A grinder is just as bad as asking a creative person, only you don't actually have to ask.
Not really.  A grinder is something that's constructed in-game and uses in-game mechanics, and you still have to stand there and wait for the stuff to roll in.

And I don't have any problem with squids myself.  They only spawn in groups of four as far as I can tell, and the fact that they group together makes for easy ink sac harvesting.

Offline KyadCK

• Steam
can't you protect the entire server with a login or something? so that unless you sign in, you can't interact with any blocks?

Or we can wait for qaz to look at his big pile of SQL logs, find out who it was and ban them, its really not that common a problem.

And if sandwich had to log in every time he joined nothing would ever get done on Fenris.

Not really.

Yes really. You weren't around for the last one.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
HNNNNNG

why does this give me a sudden urge to play duke nukem 3d?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Not really.

Yes really. You weren't around for the last one.
Well since I wasn't, what does that have to do with how things work now? :p

Offline rhx123

frinkle frinkle
little far
how i wonder
is a cat

That was me, knowing of nothing better to do.