Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 585363 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I was making and posting screenshots of our server on Minecraft forums and I ran into more greifing. Someone burt down the wooden house at spawn.

B.t.w - the screenshots generates some interest. I'm starting to get PM's askig me for the server IP. I gave it to two people with a good posting history/rep.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
Playtime datadump breh
Code: [Select]
Name Playtime
grimper12341 626:18:11
__JC__ 614:31:11
sandwiched 236:35:18
tommoex 211:39:50
THE_TrashMan 143:18:30
KyadCK 140:51:52
KoalaBrownie 139:40:42
PD_Top_Gun 118:48:12
Hojo_Norem 112:15:33
funtapaz 103:03:46
qazwsxal 70:20:31
Sun_Shadow 56:22:24
HoundofDarkness 52:37:06
corpsepuppet 48:15:42
Orcinus_JW 45:59:45
JumboShrimp9645 45:44:15
polpolion 45:15:36
AxemP 41:53:04
IronBeer 41:51:26
PredThePenguin 41:11:42
The_Paramedic707 38:46:48
TheCloven 35:44:46
Nothing2strange 34:56:08
H3addie 34:22:11
Lixquid 32:57:43
itsbottles 26:32:43
PopKhorne 24:24:34
TheCommanderDJ 24:04:47
rhx123 18:45:40
murakun 10:27:57
ChubiChan 10:20:25
EconDon 9:55:01
faustooctavo 8:52:01
JimmyJordy 7:25:59
A_Veers 7:17:04
bt5 7:11:41
Turambar87 7:10:25
twjoy333 6:21:37
Smoothshaft_MD 5:39:29
Mortofifro 5:19:41
Saratje 5:10:26
handym 4:31:51
WarthogDriver 4:22:09
issmneur 4:09:46
FireSpawn1 3:43:30
hunternclark 3:20:42
LunkerSplunker 3:20:22
AmazingJamesin 3:19:26
ion496 3:04:34
Jogging_Poop 2:41:38
cobra1125 2:38:41
TheEishtmo 2:20:05
Zhareo 2:08:11
DarkRevenantX 2:01:35
gregoss25 1:57:09
alexheartnet 1:53:08
5pl1n73r 1:46:59
DireWolf2000 1:38:48
Sahti_Waari 1:38:32
earmite 1:32:50
Scrumplesplunge 1:24:12
boomboxcrab 1:18:06
Kastra 1:16:05
vrga 1:14:51
DLChade 1:09:20
Slothicus 1:07:56
Moeshi 59:27
MaestroMatt 59:08
jeryko 54:53
Hoodcom 48:09
joofl 43:55
MightyJez 43:33
scorpionez 42:06
RrDdKk 41:15
Retsof 39:52
BlueFlames 27:51
Phraenk 24:23
Gardinator 21:18
Haids 20:35
Masonftw 19:26
zaku460 18:35
PewGemini 18:33
Kotana 16:56
ZekeSulastin 16:51
Zwyciestwo 15:40
Mi0 13:31
focuc4 13:28
SpardaSon21 12:03
Clyde_d_IrishGuy 9:45
milky_tea 9:06
Crudler 8:58
Dutch_Fugue
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
It's amazing just how many people have played on the server, but how few of them actually are on at any given time
"No"

Wow that's definitely impressive. I was certain someone would've passed me in playtime since I've been so busy with daily life and other projects.

Also I agree with you Deathfun, it's impressive that there were so many, yet I barely see anyone on myself when I am most of the time.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR
Different time zones and different time tables.

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR
And now with the anouncement the server is deader than dead.
Haven't seen anyone on it since.

A good portion of the reason that I haven't been on much recently is that for some reason Minecraft won't run for more than 5-10 mins without CTDing.  I'm hoping 1.8 fixes that because I've already tried updating java and my AMD Catalyst drivers.

On the subject of a possible read-only multiverse, will piston contraptions still operate or water / lava stuff?  Also all locked doors should be mass-unlocked if the old world is going read-only.

If multiverse is possible then would we be able to move our stored materials from the old world to the new one?  At least let us move a single chest of stuff into the new world pleeeease.  :D
Find me as Hojo Norem elsewhere...

butter_pat_head... a name picked in sheer desperation more than 10 years ago from some super obscure Red Dwarf reference.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
If multiverse is possible then would we be able to move our stored materials from the old world to the new one?  At least let us move a single chest of stuff into the new world pleeeease.  :D

Heh, it'd be cool if Ender Chests were made to work across multiverse worlds.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR
IIRC, 1.3 should come with an option to get starting gear and supplies.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!

In the scheme of things it probably won't help. Didn't Indev used to give you a whole house to start with?

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

why? in 2-3 minutes of play a seasoned player should be able to craft a wood pick, axe, spade and if you desperately want one a sword, the only exception being if you spawn in a desert.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies

why? in 2-3 minutes of play a seasoned player should be able to craft a wood pick, axe, spade and if you desperately want one a sword, the only exception being if you spawn in a desert.

Or an island with no trees in the middle of a 250002 block ocean
"No"

Offline tommoex

I was making and posting screenshots of our server on Minecraft forums and I ran into more greifing. Someone burt down the wooden house at spawn.

B.t.w - the screenshots generates some interest. I'm starting to get PM's askig me for the server IP. I gave it to two people with a good posting history/rep.

by screenshots of our server, do you mean screenshots of trashmania?
and what do you expect apart from griefing by drawing atttention to the server?
*Insert a caption here to make yourself seem more interesting

Well it's good he does try to get more people to play the server, however, you can't really count on people from the Minecraft servers to really join, be active let alone focus on our server just because of a screenshot. Occasional visitors would be nice from other places but then you'd have to make sure they couldn't change or affect anything without permissions, which would cause a lot more work for admins or Qaz.

Also, i'm sure when Qaz generates a new world he'll ensure that the spawn point will at least be in the proximity of proper trees, else he'll plant them himself with MCEdit/WorldEdit (Cant remember the exact difference, thus typing out both). We won't end up on that desert island with 25k2 of water around it :P Which I would actually love to generate in Singleplayer some day, would be a very interesting challenge. :P
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR

The griefing happened BEFORE I told anyone. So don't blame me for brining in the griefers.

Well, I can't really play right now even if I wanted to. I'm out of town and my mom's comp here is, subpar. I was trying to harvest wheat and it would take 3-4 seconds for the particles to fall and disappear. :P

But wow, I played 140 hours? I only just joined the thing.
Not sure about JC but I suspect much of Grimp's play time is him sitting idle and farming mobs.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 08:06:24 pm by Akalabeth Angel »

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer

Quote from: Minecraft 1.3 release notes
Added optional starting chest on non-hardcore worlds

Contents: wooden & stone tools, bread, apples, logs, planks and sticks

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Upcoming_features

Offline tommoex

The griefing happened BEFORE I told anyone. So don't blame me for brining in the griefers.

You're taking the comments too literally and missing the point, although bringing more people to the server may have its ups, eventually you have to realise griefing will be expected too.

Plus what was with the necessity of posting pictures of the server (which we all know are pictures of trashmania) on the minecraft forums, plus giving out the dynmap is basically giving out the server IP anyway.

*Insert a caption here to make yourself seem more interesting

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
not to mention have qaz or rhx said you can advertise the server? even to the "select" few you have
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Well, I can't really play right now even if I wanted to. I'm out of town and my mom's comp here is, subpar. I was trying to harvest wheat and it would take 3-4 seconds for the particles to fall and disappear. :P

But wow, I played 140 hours? I only just joined the thing.
Not sure about JC but I suspect much of Grimp's play time is him sitting idle and farming mobs.

Hours certainly fly by when having fun; while I certainly have been AFK some hours, other hours I've been more under the radar because I was working on something a little 'secret' in particular, also with multiple screens, when building something big I'm trying to draw it out, or just improvise by mining or otherwise constructing, on and off.

I think Grimper's been very active though, about every time I've come online he's been very active and often visiting me even when I was AFK or planning things out. Like me he's been working on various small things like touching up empty areas to make those look better (like adding grass to empty fields of grass blocks, planting trees, building roads, things that will help people that visit the area or to find the area. I hope more people can find the time to be as active as him once the server gets it's restart.

-----------------

- George Orwell