Author Topic: Christmas 2010 Model Re-release (image heavy)  (Read 107241 times)

Re: Christmas 2010 Model Re-release (image heavy)
Thank you for these fixes, Scooby!  :p

(Announcer) You have been awarded additional awesome points.
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Ugh there was a nasty bug with ALL the fighters (just the fighters).  I was missing the "fighter" flag.  Hopefully thats the last of the big bugs.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

The Athena has a minor issue with its firepoints on turret06 - they're inside the body of the ship.
"If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the mighty one.  Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
-J. Robert Oppenheimer, quoting the Bhagavad Gita

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Nice, but you still didn't changed the Terran pilot textures and inculded an ugly placeholder HUD texture (it could have some gauges painted on).
I've made two textures with an F-16 pilot and F-22 HUD gauges, I'll test soon them and upload.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It seems that missile models (Kilrathi and TCS) are missing.
Some others may be missing as well.

The Athena has a minor issue with its firepoints on turret06 - they're inside the body of the ship.

Missile turrets, I see both have issues, fixing now.

It seems that missile models (Kilrathi and TCS) are missing.
Some others may be missing as well.
Anything from that vp is only temporary-placeholder.  I'll fix that next (most of the missiles just need an existing model).  I threw it together rather quickly

edit: and I think I fixed the environmental map goofiness (or at least partially fixed it)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 08:40:01 pm by Scooby_Doo »

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline Solatar

Hellstryker link is broken.  I'll check back in a few and report back if it's still down.

EDIT: It's still there if you go up into the directory (you can download it).  Seems that HellStryker won't suffice as Hellstryker.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 08:47:54 pm by Solatar »

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
The Falcon has hierarchy issues--you can see through parts of the ship under the cockpit. Try looking at the Falcon against a bright backdrop like a nebula and see. Also, the Falcon's model is off center and you appeared to try to use an offset in PCS2 to center it. This does not work. You have to physically move the object to the center in your modeling program and re-export.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Hellstryker link is broken.  I'll check back in a few and report back if it's still down.

EDIT: It's still there if you go up into the directory (you can download it).  Seems that HellStryker won't suffice as Hellstryker.

Fixed

The Falcon has hierarchy issues--you can see through parts of the ship under the cockpit. Try looking at the Falcon against a bright backdrop like a nebula and see. Also, the Falcon's model is off center and you appeared to try to use an offset in PCS2 to center it. This does not work. You have to physically move the object to the center in your modeling program and re-export.

Alright fixed the off-center.  The model pivet point wasn't at 0,0,0 that's all.   The problem with the see under the cockpit is a bit more complicated.  There is actual polygons there, but they're part of the main hull, hence they can't be seen.  Thinking of a solution...

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Make those polygons part of the same object as the parts of the cockpit that can be seen?
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Thank you for releasing these Scoob; imagine a lot of people will have use for them; i know i do :).

I have heard that your ships are scaled slightly differently to the standard FS ships. Is there by chance a note anywhere of ammount of difference in scale?

Thanks again.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

First of all, thank you for the new vessels.

I've modified the Thunderbolt's Gauntlet mission so that you fly your Devastator instead. But everytime I start the mission, I get this.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Audio Converter of Enigma Campaign 2666:
http://enigma.de.to/

German translator of WC: Hostile Frontier:
http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/wchf/

My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FekLeyrTarg?feature=mhee

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Thank you for releasing these Scoob; imagine a lot of people will have use for them; i know i do :).

I have heard that your ships are scaled slightly differently to the standard FS ships. Is there by chance a note anywhere of ammount of difference in scale?

Thanks again.
If they're the same scale as the older releases fighters will be significantly larger.
For example the Excalibur is 32 (Correct?) meters in length.

Thanks again.

Most are definitely smaller. I've forgone the "accurate" sizes and went with more realistic sizes. Nothing worse than having a light patrol that dwarfs a bomber  :lol:

First of all, thank you for the new vessels.

I've modified the Thunderbolt's Gauntlet mission so that you fly your Devastator instead. But everytime I start the mission, I get this.

Did you grab the Saga Pro-2-Final vp?  If so give this one a try: http://scoobydoo.freespacemods.net/Release/Pro-2-Final.rar  Ugh that's not what I meant to paste...  :mad:
This one: http://scoobydoo.freespacemods.net/Release/Pro-2-Final-12-27-10.rar

I've edited the table a bit more, hopefully got rid of all the pof's that weren't part of the Prologue.  Some things may not look right but the names and values should let you build missions that are compatible with the final when it's released.  Think of it as a placeholder.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 03:36:36 pm by Scooby_Doo »

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
BTW, is that torpedo model that's visible in some of the screenshots yours, or is it reserved for Saga final?
It'd be nice to have that one.

Unfortunately that's reserved  :)

Edit: Hunter has been added
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 11:44:34 pm by Scooby_Doo »

Now it worked (not all but a few)

here you can see some testpics
http://www.wingcenter.net/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,32/topic,1347.msg14524/topicseen,1/#new

@Scooby. As you can see the Gilgamesh has an Engine Error

Now i try to get the other Models running :)

Ugh not those again... trying to fix but not having much luck

Great...got it fixed.. now the game crashes  :doubt:

Edit: done and uploaded.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 05:21:10 pm by Scooby_Doo »

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I took a closer look at the fighters and I noticed that Ghost is missing it's subsystems, there's a table error in Hound (three gun banks in table, two on the model) and that POFin in general is rather sloppy (subsystems, for example, are often lined up on the axis of a ship, instead of being located on the hull).
Also, I'm disappointed with Arbalest, it's missing cockpit of any sort. Devastator and Liberator don't have external cockpits at all.

Fixed the Ghost and the Hound.  The subsystems are generally copied from one ship to another with some minor modifying to fit onto the ship.  I just added them so the model won't give errors, you can adjust/add/remove them however you deem fit.

As for the ships that lack cockpits, those will be added at some latter date.  They don't have the standard bathtub style cockpit, and the Liberator I need a head for the copilot. (Kinda creepy looking to your right and seeing your co-pilot headless LOL.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
That's already the case with the Galaxy, though copilot's body might not be visible from the front seat (still, you'd seem to have no copilot, while in external view, he's there).
Also, yet another bug found.
Demon has the same issue as Hound.