Author Topic: Hard Light Request Thread  (Read 22295 times)

Offline CobaltStarr

• <font color=
Hard Light Request Thread
Ten of Twelve & Stunaep, your stuff is done... :)

TheCelestialOne, I'll get those tomorrow... :)
HLP's... Ummm... Can I get back to you on that?

The ULTIMATE computer... The Universe!
"Even in the eternal slience of the void, we are never alone..." - For Setekh
"Reality is just something that doesn't disappear when you stop believing in it..." - Unknown
"Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?" - Stolen from Maeglamor's signature

Offline TheCelestialOne

• Man of Exceptional Taste
Originally posted by CobaltStarr

TheCelestialOne, I'll get those tomorrow... :)

Thanks! :D :D :D :D :D :D
"I also like to stomp my enemies, incite rebellions, start the occasional war, and spend lazy hours preening my battle aura."

~Supporter of the The Babylon Project~

Like Babylon 5? Like Star Trek? Like science fiction? Go HERE

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
More Ten of Twelve and Stunaep stuff. I decided to help Stu out and made him an avatar. It's not looking very good but it's just until someone gets a better one.

Here's the staff list:
Stunaep, me, Morris 13, TheCelestialOne, Deep_Eyes, Thorn, Skippy and wildfire. Did I forgot someone?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2002, 04:53:56 am by 517 »

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Hey Cobalt, have you set me up yet?

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
Here's the forum banner. Just a resized version of the original webpage one. :)

I would have made the buttons but max crashed and I ain't gonna start it again.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2002, 05:39:46 am by 517 »

Offline CobaltStarr

• <font color=
The new NW Players should now have their avatars... :)

The LM avatars have been distributed... :)
I (or someone else) will get the style setup soon. :)

Stealth, check your email... But I'm gonna work on it now... :)

"Reality is just something that doesn't disappear when you stop believing in it..." - Unknown
"Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?" - Stolen from Maeglamor's signature

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
Thanks for the avatars. :)
And if you could find a way to do it then I'll make the style myself.  :p

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
I'm working on the banner thingy/avatars for LM right now... I'm actually putting a lot of effort into this one... (Demon with big holes in it, burning, Deimos cutting it up, etc).
Oh yeah.. I still have SS and FC internal access...

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
Now thats what I like to hear. Anyhow, Morris13 still hasn't got the avatar.
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline CobaltStarr

• <font color=
Originally posted by Thorn
I'm working on the banner thingy/avatars for LM right now... I'm actually putting a lot of effort into this one... (Demon with big holes in it, burning, Deimos cutting it up, etc).
Oh yeah.. I still have SS and FC internal access...

Then I'll wait on setting up the style...
And can you see them (those internal forums) on the index or are you doing something else to get in?

Originally posted by Stunaep
Now thats what I like to hear. Anyhow, Morris13 still hasn't got the avatar.

Whoops... Fixed. :)

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
YESSS!!!
finally the email came today :)
http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/stealth/

thanks a lot cobalt!

just one question... to anyone that knows...
I'm using Cute FTP Pro,
is there any way to transfer files from one FTP server to another?
(say, the one i was using, transferring to 3dAP servers)

I know there's a way, and i don't want to have to download all the files and then upload them...
besides, 3dAP and the server i was using have much faster connections than me, so it would only take them a few seconds to transfer all the files, but if i download and re-upload them, it would take hours

Thanks
~Stealth~

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
I'm not familiar with cute FTP but look in the help file for instructions on how to make an FXP transfer :)

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
Originally posted by CobaltStarr
And can you see them (those internal forums) on the index or are you doing something else to get in?

I can see em in the index...

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
...right, Cobalt or any other staffer...are you going to update the hosted site list in the main page? Just saw a funny pic among the links.
HELLOOOO!! *echo* *echo* :p

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
But I've got literally hundreds of Megabytes of files I'd like to transfer to 3dAP servers, and there's got to be a way to do that from my remote computer....
i mean, if i could actually get to one server (either mine or 3dAP) then it would be a cinch, but that's not possible right now, and there's got to be a way.

I think both servers have to support it though.  Mine does, I don't know about 3dap servers...

anyone else got any suggestions?  it would take me days to download/upload all the files one by one :) lol

~Stealth~

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Oh, and Cobalt,
how do I get the 'hosted sites' image on 3dap.com/hlp main page (at the bottom left) and also my 'forum name'... shouldn't it have an image/custom title or something like that?

I don't need a forum right now, so don't worry about that ;)

What else needs to be done?  
My site will be going online in a few days... there's some scripts I just can't seem to figure out, but I'm well on my way :)

edit:
Also, the colorscheme sucks.
~Stealth~

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Stealth
But I've got literally hundreds of Megabytes of files I'd like to transfer to 3dAP servers, and there's got to be a way to do that from my remote computer....
i mean, if i could actually get to one server (either mine or 3dAP) then it would be a cinch, but that's not possible right now, and there's got to be a way.

I think both servers have to support it though.  Mine does, I don't know about 3dap servers...

anyone else got any suggestions?  it would take me days to download/upload all the files one by one :) lol

~Stealth~

Um... dude, before you get to far ahead of yourself, what exactly are these files? Yes there's unlimited space but that doesn't mean you can upload 200Mb of MP3s or work files or whatever... sure some stuff can be put on your 3DAP FTP but you can't use it as an unlimited file server for anything that takes your fancy...

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
lol, don't worry Thunder!  I'm not going to take advantage of HLP!

All personal files (MP3s, etc.) are hosted from me and my friends' web server...
the 200 MB of files are ALL freespace/freespace 2 related:
Patches, MODs, Tools, a couple of old Freespace trailers, etc.

any crap that isn't Freespace related is kept on my server, don't worry.

oh, and you wouldn't know about my dilemna, would you? (see my previous post, above yours)

EDIT:
It really gets to me that you of all people Thunder would think I'd abuse the servers with personal stuff...
i assure you that won't happen.  that 200 and something MB of files are all freespace related / my site related.
in fact, 51.5 MB of the files are BETA versions of my site.  As I'm sure you know Flash FLA files take up quite a lot of space.

~Stealth~

EDIT 2:
Cobalt, or whoever can help me with this... could someone please tell me where I can find the banner that I believe has to go at the top of my site... also, could someone please help me if there's anything else that HLP requires ...  thanks!
~Stealth~
« Last Edit: June 10, 2002, 12:06:25 am by 594 »

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
You mean gamespy's promotional banner? Well, you could copy the banner code from intranet...

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Stealth
It really gets to me that you of all people Thunder would think I'd abuse the servers with personal stuff...

I'm sorry, I just think it's easier to say something at this stage than to not say anything then have to deal with the consequences supposing you were uploading hundreds of MBs of personal stuff. I didn't mean it personally and wasn't out to offend :)