Author Topic: A game of WHINE  (Read 9575 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
You guys do realize that if you stay within beam range of the Warspite that she basically kills everyhting you TAG right?  When they say all available fire power, they mean flak, beams, blobs and the kitchen sink.

Stay within 1500m and you should be golden.

The Warspite will kill everything you TAG, and you along with it, if it is between you and the Warspite, or you're between it and the warspite. :<
It also doesn't help save the Lucidity.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The Warspite will kill everything you TAG, and you along with it, if it is between you and the Warspite, or you're between it and the warspite.

I learnt that to my cost. :P

Offline Drogoth

Eh, as much as i didnt like this mission, I don't have trouble clearing it. Granted i engage with my primaries and ignore my TAGS as much as possible. as for least favorite mission, definitely the one where you rescue snipes from the NTT grall. The sensor scrambling PISSED ME OFF
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline Droid803

Thank god the designers were kind (or perhaps lazy) in that mission and you can ignore everything, fly straight, and run into the Grall :P
(´・ω・`)

Offline Drogoth

No kidding, but first playthrough, was not aware of that happy fact
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline Droid803

Yeah doing it "properly" is a pain.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Drogoth

Ah theres the beacon. There we go, center of radar fly.. oh **** under attack. K pop those fighters and... **** which of the three beacons was i heading for
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline Kolgena

Eh, as much as i didnt like this mission, I don't have trouble clearing it. Granted i engage with my primaries and ignore my TAGS as much as possible. as for least favorite mission, definitely the one where you rescue snipes from the NTT grall. The sensor scrambling PISSED ME OFF

I play this mission straight with 3D radar. I rely essentially on never engaging the basilisks myself to prevent disorientation. I just rc31 and c39 as appropriate.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I think I played that mission 10 times before I got it right... -_-

Vassago's Dirge really is awesome. If you like the concept of tagging and haven't played it yet, go over to the release thread is NOW!

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Ah theres the beacon. There we go, center of radar fly.. oh **** under attack. K pop those fighters and... **** which of the three beacons was i heading for

Ohh I remember that...
el hombre vicio...

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.

I gave up on FS for a while when I got to that mission. I embarrassingly got stuck on Training 6 for whatever reason, I shot all the turrets off the Deimos and still no "Destroy sensors" objective complete...I'll blame it on how young I was at the time...
Juvenescence and multifariousness is eternal.

Offline Solatar

How about the original Playing Judas?  Command asks you to fly into the Lucifer's fighterbay, and you proceed to smash into the invisible polygon covering the bay until a) Command decides you've got it or b) you're destroyed by lots of tiny collisions.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Was that the one where you had to time your approach to avoid the patrols? I hated that mission with a passion for several reasons. Much preferred the FS2 version where they give you a Mara and say 'blow **** up!'

Offline Solatar

Yeah, you had to keep so far from each of Arjuna wing.  I always detested it.  A Mara with like, 800 Tempests was a much more fun mission.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I've always thought that mission was easy even when I was 6-7 when I first got the game. The trick is to, as soon as you hear command telling Arjuna is near, to press r and run a different route.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Solatar

I've always thought that mission was easy even when I was 6-7 when I first got the game. The trick is to, as soon as you hear command telling Arjuna is near, to press r and run a different route.

Personally, that part was really easy for me.  Like I said, I always had trouble getting "into" the Lucifer's fighterbay without getting shot to death.  IIRC it's not an issue in the port, because there's no invisible polygon.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I found the TAG mission OK. Never had problems finishing it, and it was interesting since it was different.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
It wasn't so much that Playing Judas was hard, it was just that I'd have rather been shooting at stuff ;)

As for TAG, I did it on the second try by completely ignoring the existence of the TAG missiles, and using, I think, the Morningstar to push stuff away.

Offline Qent

In "A Game of TAG" you can't get Morning Stars without cheating.

Offline Kolgena

Yep, your loadout is locked.

One time one of my older pilot files corrupted itself though, and I think I had 1 Subach and no secondaries as my locked defaults. Needless to say, I was unimpressed.