Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 58125 times)

Offline ReeNoiP

• I FRED
Sent a join request for the platoon. Can't fly things (in gravity at least), but I'm pretty good at shooting people and blowing stuff up  :P.

Battlelog name is ReeNoiP_01.
Uncharted Territory is released. But I still need voice actors

REVISION: Sale over so...

Application to platoon sent, QD
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 06:00:43 am by Scourge of Ages »

Offline Grimper

Huh apparently I have 101.4% accuracy with a shotgun o.O
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/grimper12341/iteminfo/sgM1014/369465317/pc/
No idea how that happened.

Anyway can I get in the platoon? I'm a pretty decent chopper pilot (cept scout helicopters, hate those things), 2/3 of the way to my second service star on them.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/grimper12341/stats/369465317/
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 05:29:20 am by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

We haven't put any skill requirements on the platoon buddy, you apply, you get in, currently, social thing! ;x
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline Grimper

Yeh just thought I'd mention it since I cry at night for lack of decent chopper pilots. The amount of times I take a chance on someone and they fly me into a pole saddens kittens the world over.

So least with me you know that you won't burn up 10 seconds into flight (disclaimer: previous statement is void if some nub is base camping, though I can generally scare them off with a stinger).
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 06:24:24 am by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

I'm already in the platoon but I haven't played in over a week. I have too much work and most of my free time goes to Skyward Sword now.
But when I'm back, I'll be happy to fly Grimper into a pole. I'm really good at making the helicopter's explosion look cool!

Offline mxlm

Patch notes
Flares nerfed, Stingers buffed v jets. Cheat scope nerfed.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Is it weird that I'm mostly curious and interested in how this will look:

"Tweaked the chat, it should now be a bit easier to read"

instead of being happy about all the balance fixes?

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
•Tweaked the IRNV scope so it is limited to usage only at close range.
Noo! I grew so accustomed to abusing that scope!
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Grimper

oooh "Fixed several vehicles that did not properly shoot rockets and guns towards their predictive sights"

Now I won't have to compensate for rockets going below the heli sights <3

EDIT:
And "Fixed Laser Guided Missiles missing their targets if the target is moving too fast."
Wonder if that will make javelins hit more in direct fire mode....or if it only affects a laser designated target.

Also mortar nerf and AA nerf vs ground targets

"Slightly Increased the power of Fighter Jet Cannons against all vehicle targets, especially Helicopters." :( that's screwed up though...we have enough troubles with extreme range AA, constant locks, and jets ramming. Particularly on Nosh Canals, that damn carrier AA for the US and the russians not getting one.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 10:42:57 pm by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
We haven't put any skill requirements on the platoon buddy, you apply, you get in, currently, social thing! ;x
Yeah don't sweat it man, we let this joker QuantumDelta here in and he wouldn't be able to shoot his way out of a retirement home. :P
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 09:21:45 pm by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Last night I was representin' HLP!
Word!

Huh apparently I have 101.4% accuracy with a shotgun o.O
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/grimper12341/iteminfo/sgM1014/369465317/pc/
No idea how that happened.

Probably because 100% accuracy is one hit per shot
And a shotgun has multiple bullets, so you can hit multiple times per shot.

I FINALLY managed to get all the flight controls the way I want them.
It's incredible how messed up the bindings are. I'm still not sure how I set what, but I do know that:
- Helicopter pitch can be bound independently. You can swap which direction is pitch up/down by moving the stick and/or mouse in that direction (or the opposite if you have inverted flight enabled).
- Jet pitch cannot be bound independently. If you move the stick in a direction while binding one of the jet pitch directions, both pitch directions will be set.

I had to join a server and steal jets and helis a few hundred times to get both mouse and joystick to behave properly.

Offline Grimper

Lol just wait until you unlock the TV missile for the helicopter. That thing has it's own set of bindings, which can't be changed. The default is mouse up = nose up, mouse down = nose down, which is the opposite of jets, just to confuse you.
When Australia burned.

F***ING C***S!

So I forgot the update was today and now I have to wait for it to download and can't play :-(

Patchnotes are a nice read though. Looks like they at least tried to balance most of the issues like IRNV, mortars and auto-shotgun frag ammo.

Offline Hades

Did they ever make engineers less versatile? Cause atm their primary weapon is just as good (and somewhat better if you count the lack of any real recoil) as an assault's while being able to damage armored assets. To me this is a pretty big balancing issue too.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Hades: Not sure I understand. Are you saying that rifles like the M4 can damage armoured vehicles (assets)?

Offline Hades

Hades: Not sure I understand. Are you saying that rifles like the M4 can damage armoured vehicles (assets)?
My bad, no. I'm saying how the primary weapon is as good as an assault's (or close) while the engineer also has anti-armor assets it can use, effectively making it more versatile than other infantry classes.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL