Author Topic: A WoD dev blog  (Read 421508 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Actually I am also interested in how the Nordera and Fura'ngle look like
Ship wise, there were some new additions, but the overal style and design hasn't seen any changes. As for the actual aliens themselves, that will probably forever remain a mystery! Well, the Fura'ngle quite literally become their ships, so I guess your seeing them as they are ingame.

You can do it Spoon! You can dooooit!
Thanks, I try!  :D
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Ah well, I scream on the Penny Arcade space sim thread whenever there's a new, big FS2 release on Hard Light, so know there's definitely an interest in your work still!

Think of it this way, you've already made more content than Star Citizen! *badum-tish* ;)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Ah well, I scream on the Penny Arcade space sim thread whenever there's a new, big FS2 release on Hard Light, so know there's definitely an interest in your work still!
Getting the word out is always super helpful! (Especially since I'm objectively garbage in promoting things myself)

Think of it this way, you've already made more content than Star Citizen! *badum-tish* ;)
Well, that's a rather low standard to overcome :P
Urutorahappī!!

Offline -Norbert-

I know I'm totally late to comment (two weeks? Did I really not check HLP that long?), but that looks really nice.

Though I do have a suggestion. Would it be possible to make the frame and/or background of the currently talking character brighter (or stand out in some other way) while they talk, to make it easier to keep track of who's speaking right now?

Offline Axem

That is quite doable and thus, I have added to my to-do list.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I dont like making these kind of posts, and it pains me to keep making them, but yeah, a release this year is definitely not happening.
There's just so much stuff to work on. Because making a quality game takes quality time. (Time I could probably better spend making a game I could actually make money off of, instead of modding for free for a dead game on a dead forum)

Have a whole minute of gameplay footage to ease the possible pain my incompetence may have caused you.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Aw yiss it's Misu! And a new character for the Guardian Angel.

The Kaze seems like it'll be even more fun to fly now.

Offline LoneFan

Wow, so much speed and maneuverability. It seems like the game is progressing away from Star Wars styles physics (which is wrong but fun to fly nonetheless) and toward truer inertial physics, which is trickier but worth the effort.

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
Because making a quality game takes quality time.

'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Wow, so much speed and maneuverability. It seems like the game is progressing away from Star Wars styles physics (which is wrong but fun to fly nonetheless) and toward truer inertial physics, which is trickier but worth the effort.
Parts of those were under glide mode, but given it's the Kaze I believe it's already pretty drifty under tight turns.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Parts of those were under glide mode, but given it's the Kaze I believe it's already pretty drifty under tight turns.
Yeah that's just glide, the Ray 3 could have done similar movement. There's not any real push toward truer inertial physics. Though you can get pretty close to it, in a ship that allows for movement on all axis and has glide. (Like the Cyrvan fighters for example)

<pic>
If I had a desktop near my toilet, I'm sure I'd produce my best work there.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Lorric

Oh no, not the Alligator again! It took me forever to clear that mission in old WoD! :D

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
*Aligator
It's a completely different animal, I swear
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Lorric

Why only one L?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Because I mispelled the name in old WoD, got made fun of, and for some time, I didn't understood what it was, that people found so odd about 'Aligator'. Now it's a bit of a dumb injoke, and I'm making fun of myself, many years later.

Now it's canon WoD lore that an Aligator is a different animal than an Alligator.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Lorric

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Does it have to e an animal?

Aligator, one who "Aligates" (presumably)
Aligate(d), non-ligate(d)
ligated, to ligate (past tense)
ligate, verb (surgery) to tie up or otherwise close off (an artery or vessel)
Not closed of arteries or vessels = bleeding

Aligator - one who leaves people bleeding? :nervous:
Yeah okay, that's some word hoops to jump through to get to that definition but hey, is pretty cool~
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
:lol:

Love the video Spoon  :yes:
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Going from the screenshot in the support board, is the idea to make Cordi ships bleed?