Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 48656 times)

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
T18 ain't so good cause of it's very sucky armor. What I'm enjoying right now are battles in my BT2, PzII, and Sturmpanzer II. SPG is getting me some of my highest grossing matches. I think the most credits I earned was a little more than 9000...

Offline Patriot

You boys should shell out a few bucks and buy yourself the Hotchkiss(French light prem tank for Germany)

Got a 10 kill match today in it, 11 is my highest in it, and my highest overall, but still feels awesome to drive that baby xD

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
You mean the Pz 38H735 (f)?  I'll pass.  Premium tanks may not be everything they've cracked up to be at Tier 8, but they're markedly superior at Tier 2, and I oh so love taking the wallet warriors down a peg when they try to pull something in that thing.  I'll stick with my Pz 35 (t), which is currently sitting at a comfortable average kills-per-match of 3.4 after 118 battles.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
They just announced World of Battleships.

**** this game, I want that one.
this pls. I want my Montana.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I started a couple of days, and I got a T-46 so I could get to a T-28 and wow, damn it is extremely awful. Size of a medium tank, less armor than a M2 Light tank, and it usually gets placed in higher tier matches full of heavies where it can't do anything, hnng. Anyone else recommend a different tank that's around 60k or less?
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Depends on what you have researched. Not a lot of tier 3 tanks that are below 60k though... Perhaps start a different Russian line with the BT-2? That's what I did.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I started a couple of days, and I got a T-46 so I could get to a T-28 and wow, damn it is extremely awful. Size of a medium tank, less armor than a M2 Light tank, and it usually gets placed in higher tier matches full of heavies where it can't do anything, hnng. Anyone else recommend a different tank that's around 60k or less?

The T-46 is a Tier 3 tank and can engage in battle Tier 2, 3, 4, and 5 tanks, depending on the battle itself.  Tier 4 tanks engage in battle Tier 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and sometimes 9 tanks, depending on the battle and whether they're a scout or not.  Non-scouts only hit 7 or so.  Still.

Tier 3 and 4 tanks universally suck.  You really won't be able to have fun unless you stay at Tier 2 all your time or grind through hard to Tier 5 and up.

Offline Hades

What about the T-28? I can almost buy it and it seems to be pretty solid.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
The T-28 is a Tier 4 Medium (but then you knew that) and typically engages up to Tier 7 tanks, although I had the misfortune of playing it back when the matchmaker was still really ****ed up and dealth with Tier 8s all the time.

It's a decent Medium, I guess.  It's not built to survive much, or get where it's going particularly quickly (compared to what you've been using), but it's guns are very effective for its tier and class.  The 57mm will punch through damn near anything you'll find on the field (it's the same weapon you'll probably be using on the T-34, if you ever go that direction, which is a whole tier higher), and the 85mm, though it lacks in RoF and a bit in penetration it more than makes up for in sheer damage for a Tier 4 tank gun.  Whatever you do, you'll probably spend a lot of time sniping, since your profile is huge and your armor is paper.

Offline Hades

It's profile is actually smaller than the T-46 (by nearly half, even) and its armor is slightly better. I tend to snipe anyway, so that's np.

Funny story, the T-46's main chassis is actually the same size as the KV's, but it's not as tall. That's while having less armor than a M2 light tank and getting one shotted in any match it's typically in. It's such an awful tank and I never want to see it again.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 10:52:07 pm by Hades »
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I felt the same way about the Panzer III Ausf. A, though it was actually ok because of its speed so I managed to kill an awful lot of arty in it. I think I also managed to kill a T-46 one time. :lol:

Offline crizza

I like it, when I simply play dead, watch my mates engaging the enemy and deliever the killing blow...gone are the days when I dive headlong into the fray^^

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'd almost forgotten the feel of a good Top Gun match. Been too long since that "puny mortals I am the avatar of death itself" sort of thing.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I'd almost forgotten the feel of a good Top Gun match. Been too long since that "puny mortals I am the avatar of death itself" sort of thing.

Like this game. :D

Started out with two kills when the teams were still vaguely even; we had four, they had ten (like I said, vaguely.  Ok, not really).  My teammates go down, taking three with them.  It's now one on seven.  I killed six of them.  I would have killed that pansy of a Sherman if he hadn't run away and hid where I couldn't find him.

Top Gun, Sniper, Defender, Steel Wall, Wittmann's Medal, Oskin's Medal, one kill away from Kolobanov's Medal, and only a couple shots away from Fadin's Medal.  Crowning Moment of Awesome for that game was taking a hit from the Top Gun contender arty piece on the other team, surviving but losing a track out of effective range (with no remaining toolkit), repairing it, taking another hit, still not dying and then finishing the bastard off while his friendly Lee tries his damnedest to scratch me.  It was glorious.

Offline Patriot

Only downside of the game is that you ONLY got 1200xp

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Finally got past tier 4 and I have my Pz III/IV! :D

I was actually having fun with Pz III, I got so comfortable in it that in fact my crew skills are all above 70%.
It's a pretty damn fast medium tank. I once managed to run circles around a heavy Tiger doing lots of critical damage with HE rounds. Would whittled him away bit by bit too if a T-28 didn't decide to stop my fun.

Anyway, time to grind till I have enough money to buy a Grille...

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Having previously moved through the Pz III/IV (back when you got to it through the Pz 38 nA), I loved the thing.  Still do, since now I'll be using it to research the Hummel.

I'll take the time to note that by the time you're at Tier 5, you have absolutely no excuse for not training your crew to 75% right off the bat.  No excuse at all.  100k credits is nothing compared to the million plus tanks you'll be buying in a couple tiers, and 75% is almost immeasurably better than 50.  Save yourself some grief.

Offline crizza

Hm, if a tank has more then one new tank options to be researched...can I research all of them?

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Yes, and you in fact are required to do so if you want to make your tank Elite.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I have a Lowe. It's been a ****ing disaster so far. Actually draining my money.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story