Author Topic: Modern Warfare 3  (Read 6649 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It scores rather high for me on the coolness scale, I think I'm just about done caring about the story in COD games. Just give me some explosions and cool stuff to do, and I won't give a **** if it's fighting the Chinese in New Zealand with thermonuclear weapons powered by monkeys on bicycles. :P

It didn't have any particularly cool explosions. The whole thing looked very tired. And you know once you play the game about 40% of your playtime will be covered by the red jelly damage filter.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Maybe to you, I personally liked the atmosphere it was going for, since through a combination of age/maturity/tastes, I find M.Bay-style crap rather palatable. :P

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
My point is it's not even very good Michael Bay, it was all basically a rehash of what we've seen before - as opposed to previous Call of Duty titles which at least promised some style and enthusiasm with their bombast. It was boring, the explosions looked bad, and the environments and action were dull.

I think we're probably seeing the effects of having one gutted, demoralized studio being forced to work on a game, assisted by another hired gun studio (Raven) which has worked on every mediocre FPS in the past ten years, assisted by yet another studio formed in panic to help finish the next Call of Duty game.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Activision: doing it wrong
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
My point is it's not even very good Michael Bay, it was all basically a rehash of what we've seen before - as opposed to previous Call of Duty titles which at least promised some style and enthusiasm with their bombast. It was boring, the explosions looked bad, and the environments and action were dull.

I think we're probably seeing the effects of having one gutted, demoralized studio being forced to work on a game, assisted by another hired gun studio (Raven) which has worked on every mediocre FPS in the past ten years, assisted by yet another studio formed in panic to help finish the next Call of Duty game.
Mate, everything after COD4 was a rehash to me. :P But yeah, I see what you're getting at and I acknowledge it, this'll be the last COD game I'm buying, if that.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I'm not going to pretend I'm not going to rent it.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
My interest in CoD has actually dropped to zero. Never finished Black Ops. I'm only posting in this thread because I want to whine about how bad it's become.

Offline Kszyhu

Well, I don't think that majority of players buys CoD titles for their single player mode. I've played Black Ops' (and only that, no MW or MW2) campaign and is was a string of "Look, an explosion! There's another one! It's awesome, right!? Have another one! Look how spectacular they are! And now an chopper destroyed with a rope and piece of metal" with "MASON!! NUMBERS! MASON!!" thrown here and there. Some people will like something similiar in MW3, the rest will ignore it and play multi. So, why should they bother with quality of a campaign?

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Play the first MW.  I played  it for the story, and got MW2 hoping for more goodness.  I was disappoint (although still entertained).

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
MW2 had a MUCH better singleplayer campaign gameplay experience than Black Ops even if the story didn't make too much sense. I've recently been replaying both so they are listed as complete on my PS3 after I got it back from Sony and Black Ops is more of a chore to me than MW2 which is engrossing and fun in comparison.

I think MW3 will be a buy from me. Battlefield 3 for sure but I always like to have a console shooter to play with my PSN friends and this'll probably be it.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
yeah BlackOps' singleplayer campaign was bollocks

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
There's talk of a subscription system.

I'm shaky on details, but it may not be for online play.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
There's talk of a subscription system.

I'm shaky on details, but it may not be for online play.

It's for peripheral stuff surrounding online play, stats tracking and analysis and whatever. It's called CoD Elite.

Offline Glowhyena

• PC Gamer
    • Steam
My interest in CoD has actually dropped to zero. Never finished Black Ops. I'm only posting in this thread because I want to whine about how bad it's become.

Same... :/

MW2 (PC) is the worst series of Call of Duty I have played.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 11:33:22 am by Glowhyena »