Author Topic: Guild Wars 2  (Read 11275 times)

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Now I m curious what kind of rig you are running.

Newest drivers and all as well I suppose?

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (3.4ghz quad core)
ASUS GeForce GTX 560ti DCII (w/ 1GB GDDR5)
Kingston 4GB PC310600 DDR3 1333mhz (I regret not getting another 4GB)

And I stop updating GPU drivers when I find a stable version, lest I fall into the pit of despair that is YouTube videos locking up my system.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page

And I stop updating GPU drivers when I find a stable version, lest I fall into the pit of despair that is YouTube videos locking up my system.
i'm gonna tell you to try downgrading your drivers then, i'm running the game on a i7 860, 4 gigs of ddr3 1333 ram, nvidia gtx260, win 7 ultimate x64, and whilst i do get the occasional slowdown its usually when there's metric ****tons of **** going on at the screen at once. most of the time my fps is around 46-55. and i dont keep all the stuff at "high", except for textures.

i did have iffyness in the beta with certain nvidia drivers and that was slow as ****, but the game itself warned you. have you tried contacting their support team through the proper channels here
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Mikes

Might be the CPU. I have roughly 60+ frames with an 1st gen I7 and a 7970 Vapor-X right now.
The same graphic card with a Q9650 in my backup comp struggles to produce 20-30 frames.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Did you guys completely miss what I said?

Hmmm.  I'll insert some clarification into my quote.

I gave up on the game on the 28th of October, when they introduced a patch that limited me (and a few thousand others) to 5fps [on the lowest settings] (I normally can get between 45-60fps [on the highest settings, with it capped at 60fps]], depending on the number of enemies on the screen), and then failed to say ANYTHING about it in the technical support threads.

They clearly don't give a damn about their userbase.

My rig ran the game just fine, even in WvWvW, despite the sloppiness of their rendering pipeline.

This has absolutely nothing to do with my end.  And it is very likely that the issue has already been solved in one of their Rockvember patches,  I just don't care anymore.  Their complete failure to address a game-crippling issue for days after its introduction, along with the rest of their patch shenanigans, has completely turned me off from the game.

I'm mainly watching it at this point to see its death throes.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page

I gave up on the game on the 28th of October, when they introduced a patch that limited me (and a few thousand others) to 5fps [on the lowest settings] (I normally can get between 45-60fps [on the highest settings, with it capped at 60fps]], depending on the number of enemies on the screen), and then failed to say ANYTHING about it in the technical support threads.

My rig ran the game just fine, even in WvWvW, despite the sloppiness of their rendering pipeline.

This has absolutely nothing to do with my end.  And it is very likely that the issue has already been solved in one of their Rockvember patches,  I just don't care anymore.  Their complete failure to address a game-crippling issue for days after its introduction, along with the rest of their patch shenanigans, has completely turned me off from the game.

riding on your high-horse, gotcha.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Mikes

If the game will be in its death throes, then because of above mentioned ascended gear debacle, not because it doesn't run on your computer (anymore). Sorry bro, was just trying to help ;)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Quote from: BloodEagle

Wow. The horror of horrors. A bug that wasn't resovled in 5 seconds.
Poor you had to wait a few days to play.
The world trully ended.

People are such drama queens over bugs these days.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I'm rather surprised at all of the backlash I'm getting over my opinion that talking to your user base is a good thing™ and ignoring them is a bad thing™.

I'm more surprised (though I suppose I shouldn't be) at the fact that most of the responses clearly failed to read the entirety of my short little post.  My decision and opinion has nothing to do with the bug or the game.

You'd think I'd insulted someone's mother, or something.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
You'd think I'd insulted someone's mother, or something.

Worse than that, you made a post on HLP!

* redsniper runs.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Mort

• The dog that went meow
I wanted to buy this but it's sold out everywhere. Urgh