Author Topic: GTC Fenris in Minecraft  (Read 82551 times)

Offline Luis Dias

Re: GTC Fenris in Minecraft
Ah now you have to emulate that geometry and colors too :lol:

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Okay, adding "ship interior design" to the list of things in FS that don't make any sense.

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Silent Threat bonus disc.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Silent Threat bonus disc.

Ding ding ding ding ding!

Speaking of which, GOG.com is having another one of their 50% sales on FreeSpace 1 + Silent Threat and on FreeSpace 2. $2.99 each is probably the cheapest they'll ever get.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Okay, adding "ship interior design" to the list of things in FS that don't make any sense.
Makes sense Minecraft to have 3 meter space. Whenever I only have 2 blocks of space, nothing ever works out.

Offline HoundofDarkness

• Guardian of The Catacombs, Receiver of Tolls
So when this build is finished, do we all get our own room to decorate?  Also if you need any help with redstone I will be happy to help.
Mankind, a cesspit of hatred and lies! - Castlevania, Dracula

Offline -Sara-

Now with temporary free cake near the fenris site!

« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 06:10:31 pm by -Sara- »
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

[image snip]

Why do I get the feeling that there's a certain tower looming well behind the cake distribution node?

Offline -Sara-

And PredThePenguin, who couldn't resist the cake, found said cake to be rather hard to stomach.

I guess the midnight snacker.. got snagged. YEEAAAH! :P
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
You know, I was actually missing less hearts after that happened.

I learned to mistrust the promise of cake long ago. :rolleyes:

As of last night, I had refilled all of the cobblestone chests at the Fenris site (and added another half-chest).  Hopefully that will last a few days, because either this evening or tomorrow, I'm going to sort out the contents of my last dome, then work on the infrastructure a bit.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I swear cobblestone has gotten lighter in color since the last release. The fenris is going to need some dark color (and red, eventually) wool for some of the outsides. Or obsidian, if anyone for some reason has lots of spare obsidian they would be more willing to donate than wool.  :nervous:

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
I swear cobblestone has gotten lighter in color since the last release. The fenris is going to need some dark color (and red, eventually) wool for some of the outsides. Or obsidian, if anyone for some reason has lots of spare obsidian they would be more willing to donate than wool.  :nervous:
Yeah, the cobblestone texture has been redone, I prefer it personally.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
With the top side of the Fenris filled in, I got thinking... What do you guys think about leaving the opposite side open, like a cutaway or cross-section? We could have a minecart ride around the entire ship, first showing the outside, and then looping around the other side to reveal the innards (and perhaps diving into the ship for a third pass).
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken