Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program or "Rocket science is harder than it looks"  (Read 372750 times)

Offline -Sara-

Re: Kerbal Space Program or "Rocket science is harder than it looks"
JSF as we still call them in dutch, or F-35 (Lightning II) as most others call it.

Flies like a charm!

So, I decided I'd try making missiles that mount on the wingtips of an atmospheric fighter, though of course we'll start off very simplistic. It's deadly to the crew.

HAHA! Oh god that was priceless

Why were Bill and Bob freaking out for 21 minutes anyways?

1G too many, weird angle, the ship did something less than X minutes ago like rocking back and forth, turning too sharp, w/e. A lot of conditions. For Bob the conditions are slightly more sensitive.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
So essentially, Jeb is a badass and the others are panzies
"No"

Offline -Sara-

Or the others have common sense and Jeb is a tiny bit strange. ;)

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
So essentially, Jeb is a badass and the others are panzies

the only time Jeb panics is when death is imminent, though not always, the other two freak out on launch
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline -Sara-

Jeb often smiles from ear to ear when he's about to die. Heck I've seen Jeb after a panic attack smile happily in the last frame before his demise in a crash.

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Jeb often smiles from ear to ear when he's about to die. Heck I've seen Jeb after a panic attack smile happily in the last frame before his demise in a crash.

cool smileys
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline -Sara-

From the original forum.

PPJoy should be a good joystick emulator, it makes you mouse act as a joystick, by moving the mouse the virtual joystick is read as off the centre and movement follows. VirtualJoystick should do too.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 06:03:35 pm by -Sara- »

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft

He truly smiles in the face of death
This is what astronauts are made of.
"No"

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
left to right, jelly, neutronium and mush

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
From the original forum.

PPJoy should be a good joystick emulator, it makes you mouse act as a joystick, by moving the mouse the virtual joystick is read as off the centre and movement follows. VirtualJoystick should do too.

ppjoy's configuration tools are kinda lame. fortunately it comes with c libs so you can make your own. or you can use glove pie and script the living **** out of it till it acts the way you want it to (technically youre still using ppjoy, since it uses the ppjoy driver).
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I'm pissed out of my ****ing mind. For no reason whatsoever the atmospheric craft that I've gotten to the point where it rarely breaks apart from landings decides to corrupt itself, FOR NO ****ING REASON, and says it's missing parts, when IT ISN'T. Trying to load it simply locks the VAB and trying to launch it from the Space Center menu just cause the game to lock up, so I'm forced to rebuild it, and now it does nothing but explode when I have it remade to the pixel.
What the goddamned ****ing **** is this.

What the goddamned ****ing **** is this.

An early development version.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Which would have nothing to do with one thing behaving entirely differently than the exact same thing.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Uh, that's par for the course... parts can change, code can change, the way the craft files are read can change. You should be aware of this (we're all alpha testers so far).

If a ship created in old KSP version doesn't work, either use it with old version of the game or recreate it in new version.

On other topic, I made this:

The Lander is a development of Saturn V clone that I made mostly from Sunday Punch parts, except the lander legs which are done by someone else.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I began the first design on 0.10 with C7Flight 1.2, then rebuilt it after getting 0.10.1 and C7Flight 1.3, it's only common sense.
But when nothing else after 0.10.1 and 1.3 had changed and the problem suddenly occurs, when nothing has changed because it's still the same versions of KSP and C7Flight, then things start not making sense.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Then, report bug?
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
The .craft file was sent earlier.

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Finally got around to playing around with this
Safe to say, I've never had so much murdering people

Though I just had a similar issue that Zane just had, with the exact same model acting differently the second time round
"No"

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
finally managed to get my ion engine array into orbit. photo taken at perikerb

despite that this thing has enough delta-v to get to the nearest planet and back, bob, and bill are still rather apprehensive about the whole mission.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 02:41:49 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
wow this game is hard, I can't get anything further than 200000 m away from the planet.

where do you get those engines?, mods?
el hombre vicio...