Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 239687 times)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Do I need whitelisting or anything?  I just joined but under a new ID as TankerHeaddie and I cant even use the server select or the help document :(
Running 1.8.8

Right-click air. Not the ground. Generally, just look up.

Yes I know, annoying.

I seem to have spawned in the middle of some ground and cant see the sky.  I am located at at xyz: 0.7 3.0 0.3, Block 0.3.0 Chunk 0.3.0
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Gah, could I get some moderator help here? A bigass mob of zombie pigmen accumulated by the spawn station Nether portal. I tried thinning out some of the buggers that had spawned in the OW, but it looks like one of them got pushed into the portal and made everyone on the other side hostile to me.

Cleared on both sides of the gate.

If the are still hostile to you in the nether after a 100-radius clear, you're screwed.

Thanks, I'll hop in and look around sometime later this month. Been busy getting ready to move to a different city.

[Edit]Ok, they're no longer hostile, but there's still an issue of having an asston of them hanging around the place. Is the spawn area getting continous chunk updates or something?

I'll have to figure out some way of trapping them or otherwise get them under control, since any fool that tries to bop one of them will die repeatedly.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 11:58:43 pm by z64555 »
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Some updates at the Sandwich farms!

First off, we've managed to get a farmer villager into the breeding chamber. This means the villager breeder and market is back up and running! Some things left to do:
  • The farmer (apronless brown robe) needs to be name tagged to make sure he doesn't de-spawn by accident. This requires two players to accomplish, one to distract the villager (right click on them) and the other to tag them (right click with nametag in hand). I've been going the Three Stooges naming scheme, so this last one would be "Fake Shemp" :)
  • The child villagers don't always go down the drain, maybe look into using fences to push the adult villagers closer together while still able to access the outer farm blocks.

While over there, I also noticed how crappy the minecart switchyard on top of the market was. One side has a tendency for laden minecarts to bounce between the switch track and stall mouth at least once before continuing down the line to an open stall.

So, I experimented, and found what I find to be a really really neat use of tripwire hooks:

z64's wonderful usage of tripwires

What's so great about this set up is that empty carts pass through the switch-yard effortlessly, there's no bounce back, and its fast acting. Additionally, it's cheaper resource wise since each tripwire arrangement uses 2 iron vs. the 2.25 iron from using plain tracks, with a higher wood consumption.

I can definitely see this design being used in major metro rail station for disembarking players.

If there are no objections (and if I get around to it later this month) I'll try updating the switch-yard on the villager market with this design.
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
Just a heads up, but there appears to have been griefing at both my home and the new spawn. z64555 confirmed that none of the other portals and properties have any damage. Notable griefing at spawn includes wool blocks everywhere and destruction of the wheat farm.
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Rolled back changes made by "Mr_DerpMC" globally, for the wool and the wheat.

I do not have any idea where your house is DahBlout, but Prism remembers data for 30 days and it's been 18 since he did the stuff at spawn. That gives you just over a week to tell me where and confirm if there is still damage before it is purged form the system.

---------------------------------

In other news, the world of modding progresses. I wanted to shift to a GriefPrevention system due to Prism's continued asinine reasons for not updating. This will benefit the active with the ability to protect their own things entirely, from all.

I am not sure when I will have the time, but it wont be this week. Read up on it, it puts protection in your hands. I won't be limiting your ability to claim very much, you should be able to protect everything. I will NOT however be able to roll anything back, like you letting a creeper explode your walls.

I have other plugins in mind. They are secondary.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
My house is at the coordinates (-2570, 72, 360). It appears that the chunk it's on was reset with the rollback so things are mostly as they were. Thanks for the update.
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
chief1983

------------

It seems I'm not able to connect to the server, for a while now in fact - Connection refused, no further information. Any ideas what that could be?
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Think it might be on Mojang's end. Booted up the launcher to check things, it says 1.9 was published, but it doesn't download for me.
chief1983

------------

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Na, bungee went down.

May have been related. Restarted.

I've done a little work to build on a work-in-progress part of the Nether highway-bridge near Sandwich's teleporter as I noticed it was unfinished and it didn't feel quite safe navigating with Ghasts possibly hitting me and throwing me into the endless pits of lava. I've also done a few extra things to make it easier to navigate and added a few details along the way for players, I hope it'll be appreciated.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
So.... I just tried to connect, but I was stuck underground with nothing but a compass and a book, and instructions on both to right-click, which did nothing.

Instructions unclear. Shivans killed all my villagers. 10/10 wouldn't Shivan again.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
So.... I just tried to connect, but I was stuck underground with nothing but a compass and a book, and instructions on both to right-click, which did nothing.

Instructions unclear. Shivans killed all my villagers. 10/10 wouldn't Shivan again.

Compass would do something... but you gotta click on air.

Try /Kyad. It may only work for me (test command...) and seems kinda broken, but it's my only hotfix until I can work on it for real. Should bring up a menu for hard light.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
That worked, thanks Kyad! Is Fenris still mob-protected and zoned as Creative mode?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
That worked, thanks Kyad! Is Fenris still mob-protected and zoned as Creative mode?

Probably? Maybe? I forget if I did that with WorldGuard or VT.

Mob protected is likely 100%, that was straight WG. If I used WG for the creative switch and only gave you build rights, then yes. If I used a VT area... then who knows. I think I just enabled flight, not full on creative?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Ok, I'll check when I can find my way over there.

...is there a map?

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
615, -777

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
FWIW, when I first log in to the server, before typing /Kyad, I appear at XYZ: 0.500 / 1.000 / 18.500. ;)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I'm unable to place blocks at the Fenris. I can't even get inside the doors, since it says "Sorry, but you can't use that here."

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
FWIW, when I first log in to the server, before typing /Kyad, I appear at XYZ: 0.500 / 1.000 / 18.500. ;)

Doesn't mean anything to me. There are thousands of UUIDs saved on the server, I'd simply have to be on at the same time as you to move you.

I'm unable to place blocks at the Fenris. I can't even get inside the doors, since it says "Sorry, but you can't use that here."

And to get you set up.

I use this same name on steam which I have up at all times, find me, we'll set up a time to get you set properly. Or if I happen to be online when you message me, I'll do it on the spot.