Author Topic: render  (Read 2841 times)

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
just a test really since people were haivng an argument over at vwbb on lightwave vs max and space scens came up adn lightwave in the undisputed champion of space scenes  so i had to produce something on short notice and this is the model i'm working on at the moment still some geomtry to add but not that mcuh msotly texture work now  so its about 60 % finished i guess btu i thought it good enough for a test render

anyway
here
ARGHHH

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Yep, that's a render all right.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Originally posted by Shrike
Yep, that's a render all right.

And a very nice one at that. :nod:
Ich kann nicht eine Sache des Deutschen sprechen!!

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
can anyone say "lvlshot tags"?

Yeah very nice...  but that background seems a little common KMN :)

Offline Ryx

• Twilight Falling
  • Away in RL land. Back later.
nice render! :yes:

I'm not sure about the lighting, though.
Intel C2D E6850|4Gb RAM|Abit IP35 PRO|ATI X1900 XT

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Interesting model..
and yeah, lighting could be cooler.
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Grey Wolf

You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Lvlshot tags added :)

And it's a really nice render except for one thing, the lighting. There are 3 suns in that thing - it should be lit like a rabbit caught in headlights on the other side but near black on this side because (to our knowlege) there are no more suns in the system. Also the suns don't seem to cast colored light on the ships - they should since they're red, blue and yellow.

Aside from that, rocking!

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
if you look closesly on the closest ship you can see the red light shiny on the upper surfaces and where it filters through but it doesn't show on laowers surfaces - the yellow star well the flare is abit brighter tahn i wanted - and i couldn't be bothered to do it again but the idea was it would be dwarfed by its companion blue star which only shine on the far side of teh ship except the one at the top left which a blue can be seen sincing on its side - obviously the clses star in the one where most of the light is coming from and is behind the camera so you can  the ships as more than outlines =)

but it was a rushed job =)
ARGHHH

Offline wEvil

• The Other Good Renderer
    • http://www.andymelville.net
*mutters something about KMN being sadly mistaken*

Anyway, its not the program - its' the artist.

Which admittedly makes you a pretty damn good artist  :yes: ;)

I'd tweak the shaders a little bit and the lighting needs some work.

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
better lighting and differnt angle threw in some motion blur too and not that you would notice it from teh alst one or cause i put motion blur in the texture have been improved and more geomtry too
« Last Edit: June 20, 2002, 09:46:18 pm by 189 »
ARGHHH

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
ARGHHH