Author Topic: SC II: Heart of the Swarm  (Read 9644 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: SC II: Heart of the Swarm
Seeing the siege tanks deploy and having vikings transform looks incredibly badass.
But yeah, what the **** was that viking pilot thinking? "Lemme just land infront of this ultralisk and stop his rampage single han-HURK", especially wierd when you see this defensive line not more then 1 kilometer away from that place. Couldn't he just... ya know, landed over there? And shoot his massive miniguns from the relative safety of that defensive line?

Eh well, its 2 minutes of pretty explosions and stuff. Let's not try to think too much about it.

Terran player was trying to free up supply
Hahaha  :lol:
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
People who expect quality stories and writing from the present Blizzard are all living a lie.

Cinematic is pretty cool, which I suppose is all you can hope for.

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
Yes it is! She took over the original voice artist, which did cause a huge uproar from the fans, as the original VA did an amazing job with kerrigan.

I agree that the original VA did a great job...

...but people are complaining about Tricia Helfer?  :confused:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
She's not terrible, but I don't think she's quite as good in the role either - most screen actors don't make sterling voice actors. What really hurts her is the awful script she's saddled with.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

The problem was with the dulcet dark menace of Number Six, they sorta thought Kerrigan could be carried by voice rather than action.

That didn't work out.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
She's not terrible, but I don't think she's quite as good in the role either - most screen actors don't make sterling voice actors. What really hurts her is the awful script she's saddled with.

A common problem. Not that I'm surprised. After all, this IS Blizzard. They seem to have gone the Michael Bay route. Without any shred of self-awareness about it.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Saw the leaked ending, screw it. I'm not gonna bother. Specially since I only play RTS games offline, so good stories are a must for me.

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
Saw the leaked ending, screw it. I'm not gonna bother. Specially since I only play RTS games offline, so good stories are a must for me.
leaked? this seems to happen quite alot for some reason.

so how was it, three shades of copy-paste? the EA treatment? :P
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Nobody was having ago at Tricia, it was at blizzard. Apparently they never Glynnis Talken-Campbell to come back and voice Kerrigan, despite that fact she wanted to do it again, That's was fans were so angry at, so goes the story.  As for the leaked ending, it was apparently deliberate, to get peoples views on the ending, as i believe it has been altered, due to the fans reactions at. Its a typical ploy, "the Leak it" to get feedback.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Altered like 'they added a couple high-res zerglings and a slow shot of her ass as she walks towards the guy'? or 'fired everyone who worked on the script and had a six year old come up with something better for a cookie?'

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Not sure how altered it is, but i know they completely rechanged the campaign, because all the feedback was that it was wings of liberty but with Zerg. So maybe they did rewrite the whole ending, if they changed the majority of the campaign. I have also preordered the Collectors Edition, yes i am sad, but i love Starcraft.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Mikes

What is so painful about it all is that she was likely chosen for a) being a popular Sci Fi actress and b) having her name on the box and c) without any regard of whether she is suited for the role.

As much as I love her (other) work...  I really can't see her as "Kerrigan" lol. Sucks that the original actress was not choosen to voice Kerrigan again, propably for no other reason than not being popular and expensive enough to use her name to brag with on the box.

On the other hand... with how much SC's storyline sucked and is propably going to suck in the next installment that is a rather minor complaint. :p
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 12:23:33 pm by Mikes »

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
I haven't played or put my hands on 2 for a bunch of idiot reasons (I've played the first one)...

... so taking into consideration all of the above, is getting both chapters so far [and playing them nonstop-ish back to back] worth my dough or not worth it? Because if not, there's another game on my list I'm saving for.

Yes it is! She took over the original voice artist, which did cause a huge uproar from the fans, as the original VA did an amazing job with kerrigan.

I agree that the original VA did a great job...

It's bloody sad that I'll remember her as more of a machine rather than something... more... organic-ish. Mother of ducks, that doesn't sound right. *cue imaginary gun from desk and points down throat*
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

I'm pretty sure the Cylon skinjobs were mostly organic.
Spoiler:
A couple of them got pregnant, after all...
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Trailer looks cool.
Though Starcraft cinematics have never really appealed to me, the action they showed in the cinematics of the first game were never on a scale with the game itself and so were totally immersion breaking.

The one fault I would find with this trailer, other than the size of the Cruiser, is why are there burrowers or whatever beneath the city? Didn't they only just start the invasion? So in the time it takes those ultralisks to run down the street some burrower was put down, burrowed under everything and came up behind the tanks? Doesn't make sense. Though I realize they're just trying to show as many cool units as they can or whatnot.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I haven't played or put my hands on 2 for a bunch of idiot reasons (I've played the first one)...

... so taking into consideration all of the above, is getting both chapters so far [and playing them nonstop-ish back to back] worth my dough or not worth it? Because if not, there's another game on my list I'm saving for.

nope

nope

Basically this. Wait for a sale. And each campaign should take a very long time, especially if you play on the hardest difficulty.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
nope

Basically this. Wait for a sale. And each campaign should take a very long time, especially if you play on the hardest difficulty.

I don't know if you guys are being entirely fair here.  While the story was admittedly lacking, and I certainly wouldn't pay full price for SC2 (I didn't even on launch day, thank you Air Miles gift certs), the singleplayer campaign was entertaining, particularly if you go for the achievement-whore route (which I did).  I wouldn't necessarily play on Brutal, but on Hard you unlock all the mission-specific achievements and its quite the challenge.

I certainly didn't regret the 30+ hours I sunk into singleplayer.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
The one fault I would find with this trailer, other than the size of the Cruiser, is why are there burrowers or whatever beneath the city? Didn't they only just start the invasion? So in the time it takes those ultralisks to run down the street some burrower was put down, burrowed under everything and came up behind the tanks? Doesn't make sense. Though I realize they're just trying to show as many cool units as they can or whatnot.

It's a Blizzard cinematic.  By definition it will not make canonical sense in relation to gameplay.  This was true even in SC1.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

I don't know if you guys are being entirely fair here.  While the story was admittedly lacking, and I certainly wouldn't pay full price for SC2 (I didn't even on launch day, thank you Air Miles gift certs), the singleplayer campaign was entertaining, particularly if you go for the achievement-whore route (which I did).  I wouldn't necessarily play on Brutal, but on Hard you unlock all the mission-specific achievements and its quite the challenge.

Didn't technically say it was bad, just that in my opinion it's not worth paying full price for both at the same time, especially since it should take a very long time to even finish one. Well, unless you go straight through determinedly.