Author Topic: SC II: Heart of the Swarm  (Read 9634 times)

Re: SC II: Heart of the Swarm
Now Kerrigan's effectively ruined....I couldn't care less as i've always rooted for the Zerg :(

Maybe the UEF will somehow warp in and OWN everything.../me crosses fingers

I was thinking UED
The acronyms are similar and it's late

idk, it would be cool to see fleets of Karunas and hordes of Uhlans just railgunning and vulcan cannoning the zerg into meaty chunks.  :lol:

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
UED was broodwar, UEF was Starcraft history section from the intro section of the manual..... and Supreme Commander  :nervous:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
UED was broodwar, UEF was Starcraft history section from the intro section of the manual..... and Supreme Commander  :nervous:

Now I'm really confused...
"No"

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline crizza

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.
I am sure.
BEWARE: Spoilers will follow.

So, I finished the campaign and I'm severly dissapointed.

Not only was a poorly rendered vid on youtube the actual ending...but Jesus
Story Director: Chris Metzen

This whole saga started out so great and they ruin it peace by peace, sure, gameplay-wise the campaign was fun and you could actually upgrade/improve any unit unlike in WoL.
There are some pretty neat things.
Hell...
I don't even wanna know how they will ruin the Protoss in Legacies of the Void...

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Not only was a poorly rendered vid on youtube the actual ending.
****ing knew it.
They completely ****ed the story of star craft right up the ass. with a big spikey purple dragon dildo
I sort of still want to get the game for the gameplay but... man
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
This game is so preposterously bad, unless you're in it for the multiplayer, in which case okay.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
 How literarily rich is the story of this work of artistic vision and expression?

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Is the single player campaign as bad as wings of liberty or worse? Oddly enough as bad as it was I still enjoyed it so if HOTS is more of the same I would be okay with it.
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Story manages to be worse somehow, but the gameplay is around the same level.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Is the single player campaign as bad as wings of liberty or worse?

It's got worse ...
WoL storytelling severly suffered from its non-linarity makeing its protagonist totally inconsistant (I've seen people with severe depressions and bi-polar personality disorders that are more consistant than Raynor) but Kerrigan isn't an consistant and understandable character either despite more linear storytelling

and don't get me started on them taking the whole Xel'Naga prophecy **** further ... because they did and they made it even more beyond senseless

****ing knew it.

to be fair, it wasn't the actual ending 1 to 1 ...
the pathetic "now the zerg are free"-part was replaced by something even worse and more in line with whole Zeratul's Prophecy nonsense ...

And gameplay is the usual SC-**** they call strategy at Blizzard ... although in the SP camp you get a bit more the "endless swarm"-feel that the Zerg lacked in the past two campaign (I'm refering to the "Zerglings are a one-time investment"-upgrade to Kerrigan)

I know that the "old-school" things is part of StarCraft brand but Blizzard has passed up every invoation to the RTS genre this past decade... from effective defenses (okay Total Anhiliation had those too) to meaningful mapcontrol...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 12:42:15 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline crizza

Well, but the last missions of the campaign I usually won by massing Ultralisks and Hydralisks, plus some queens.
You can build, upgrade and evolve evry single unit apart from the Overlord and the queens, you don't have to choose like in WoL...this bugged me.
But creating a Leviathan as abilty is nice.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
****ing knew it.

to be fair, it wasn't the actual ending 1 to 1 ...
the pathetic "now the zerg are free"-part was replaced by something even worse and more in line with whole Zeratul's Prophecy nonsense ...
EVEN WORSE?!?!
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I didn't read this whole thread.. but it seems most people didn't care for the Campaign. Meh. I enjoyed it. It's not prize worthy, but who doesn't like a good revenge story now and then?

Besides (Real-time, not Starcraft Universe time)..
Spoiler:
****in Arcturus... He had that coming for 15 damned years.

I guess the reason I enjoyed it was because I had been waiting that long to be able to do that... so when
Spoiler:
Raynor was supposedly killed and Kerrigan got all pissed
, it caused me to be hoping there was no twist ending and that my blood-lust would not go unsatisfied!  :)
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Ending. For those not buying this game... (like me!)

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
I guess... I have saved... forty bucks and thirty hours of my time then, and save that on something else?

*cue red wine that provides a bitter taste^*

^ - Mmm... Terribad.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
I personally think this game has terrific value.  Then again, I spent precisely zero dollars and zero cents on this game.  Given the people I know, I probably won't have to actually purchase a Blizzard game for a long while.

Offline crizza

I even bought the Collectors edition for the sake of...having it.
But man, Chris Metzen...I was once deep into the story of both Starcraft and warcraft...but as time progresses, he ruined it...

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Okay, i have just finished the game, and i loved it both singleplayer and multiplayer. I thought the campaign was better than wings of liberty! Ok i admit the acting was very hollywood and the story was ok not the best i have seen but not the worst and lets face it blizzard stories aren't the most original but their not crap, but mission design wise very good and very varied, loved getting to fly the hyperion. Very balanced and i found that late in the games i was still using units like zerglings with the jump upgrade makes them pretty useful and to compliment the hydras slow speed.

Also i thought the soundtrack music was awesome, one of the best soundtracks i have heard. I also like the fact they upgraded the staredit to allow you to create high poly model cinematics like the ones in the game and you can use your own models and sounds. You can also render them to avi. This i think is a nice feature allowing the fans to basically create their own movies.

So i really enjoyed it and i feel like i got my money worth out of it. As for the ending and the leaked ending, i never watched the leaked ending to be honest i don't know why people would watch it, its like getting a book and just skipping to the last page. Where people thinking blizzard might do a bioware and change it?
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-