Author Topic: [RELEASE] Shadow Genesis: 2017 Edition  (Read 74005 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• Betrayal is his middle name
  • Lazy, retarded and speaking polgrish.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: [RELEASE] Shadow Genesis: 2017 Edition
Extract zoom_config.cfg, than make data -> scripts folders in your SG2017 folder. Put etracted file here, and change whatever you want. SG uses D key for zoom by default.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | DA Profile | P3D Profile

MY RELEASED CONTENT SO FAR
Old Conversions | GTSD Anchorage | ORFg Tychicus | GTCa Sagittarius | SCv Scylla | EFC Evangelist | EFFg Solomon | GTL Latona | SC Raguel | PVD Atum | GTCv Eurynome | FractalSpace - Apophysis Skydome Pack | Updated Ancients Models
All of my stuff can be used ONLY in Freespace campaigns and missions.

Veteran modder and graphic designer of all kinds. 3D is my speciality. Feel free to PM me if you looking for a model or other GFX help.

Online Novachen

• The one and only Capella supernova.
Mhh.. in mission 8 "Ambushers from the shadow" there are two achivements.

Actually i am asking if it is possible to get the first one and also the keep the Meleager beams intact?  :confused:
I am only able to get it, if i am waiting for the Infiltrators at their entry point and blast them out before their missiles knock out the main beams.

Actually i was never able to keep the Meleager beams intact, because the Infiltrator are starting their fire even before their warp effect disappeared.
Should the player not have a few additional seconds to destroy them before they start to fire?

So there is a strategy to get the Achivement, but not to keep the beams intact in the same time. So that feels more like a exploit for me.

Ah btw... what i kind of dislike in this campaign is, that there seems to be a mission specific arrival message for most of the enemies in the missions... but that is always played simultaneously with the general voiced arrival messages from FS2... that is very weird, because it is also a matter of luck which of the two arrival messages is shown in the center of the HUD...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 08:14:05 pm by Novachen »
Female FS2 pilot since 1999.

German Translations created by me:
Between the Ashes: Slaves of Chaos, FreeSpace Port, The Destiny of Peace, Silent Threat: Reborn, Awakenings (in development)

Upgrades and Bugfixes:
FSPort Mission Upgrade, Luyten Civil War, Into the Halls of Valhalla, VeniceMirror

Other projects:
Out of the Shadow: Nova Safiya Edition (Remake of the Out of the Shadow campaign, in development)

If you want to know, what my nickname means, -chen is a german diminutive term, so you can translate Novachen as something like Little Nova or Novalet.
Even my original meaning of this name is more like "Sweet pretty deadly (Super)Nova" ;).

Offline Gee1337

• Sh!tlord/Human Garbage
Hey Nyctaeus... did you know that it is possible to save the Neya on "Burning Skies over Aeon XII"?

Only cap ship I lost in this mission was the Aephea.  :D
I do not feel... I think!

Offline Nyctaeus

• Betrayal is his middle name
  • Lazy, retarded and speaking polgrish.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Hey Nyctaeus... did you know that it is possible to save the Neya on "Burning Skies over Aeon XII"?

Only cap ship I lost in this mission was the Aephea.  :D
It should not be. Sexp-wise, Neya is self-destructing in this mission. Without her being destroyed, you would be unable to continue the campaign o___O
Exile | Shadow Genesis | DA Profile | P3D Profile

MY RELEASED CONTENT SO FAR
Old Conversions | GTSD Anchorage | ORFg Tychicus | GTCa Sagittarius | SCv Scylla | EFC Evangelist | EFFg Solomon | GTL Latona | SC Raguel | PVD Atum | GTCv Eurynome | FractalSpace - Apophysis Skydome Pack | Updated Ancients Models
All of my stuff can be used ONLY in Freespace campaigns and missions.

Veteran modder and graphic designer of all kinds. 3D is my speciality. Feel free to PM me if you looking for a model or other GFX help.

Offline Gee1337

• Sh!tlord/Human Garbage
Well I was able to continue all the way to the destruction of Hiven and achieve 32/32 of the goals. I'm just going to do the final part this evening.

What I did was to assign all fighters to protect the Neya, apart from Gamma (who I assigned the Aephea) and Alpha who I stuck on the Duke.

They key part was when the three Darkhorns arrived. I told Alpha to disarm one, Nighthound Alpha another and Nighthound Beta the third. I took out the main beams on all three destroyers. My load out for this mission was HyPacs in the Vampire's dual bank and the Excalibur in the Vampire's quad bank. All my secondaries were Penetrator IIs. Don't know if any of this will help...

Even though I saved the Neya, the debrief still read like it had been destroyed and the game continued as normal.
I do not feel... I think!

Offline Redox

Extract zoom_config.cfg, than make data -> scripts folders in your SG2017 folder. Put etracted file here, and change whatever you want. SG uses D key for zoom by default.

I extracted the config file from the SG2017_Core.vp file and did what you said, but it doesn't work.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 02:48:23 am by Redox »

Offline CT27

Mhh.. in mission 8 "Ambushers from the shadow" there are two achivements.

Actually i am asking if it is possible to get the first one and also the keep the Meleager beams intact?  :confused:
I am only able to get it, if i am waiting for the Infiltrators at their entry point and blast them out before their missiles knock out the main beams.

Actually i was never able to keep the Meleager beams intact, because the Infiltrator are starting their fire even before their warp effect disappeared.
Should the player not have a few additional seconds to destroy them before they start to fire?

So there is a strategy to get the Achivement, but not to keep the beams intact in the same time. So that feels more like a exploit for me.

Ah btw... what i kind of dislike in this campaign is, that there seems to be a mission specific arrival message for most of the enemies in the missions... but that is always played simultaneously with the general voiced arrival messages from FS2... that is very weird, because it is also a matter of luck which of the two arrival messages is shown in the center of the HUD...

Nyctaeus, I would echo the first part of this post.  I was barely able to get the achievement by being in the exact right place and able to take down that wing.  However, is it actually possible to save the Meleager's beams?