Author Topic: [Release] Cockpit Mod 2.0!  (Read 84772 times)

Offline NFSRacer

• Professional aircraft crasher!
    • Steam
Re: [Release] Cockpit Mod 2.0!
I just happened across this mod posting.  Just curious: Does anyone know if the compatibility for this has been fixed when it comes to BP and other modded fighter-craft?
"Said 'It was up to us.  Up to us, to decide.  You've become a virus that eating up it host.  We've been watching you with all our eye, and what you seem to value most.  'So much potential'.  Or so we used to say.  Your greed, self-importance, and your arrogance, you p*** it all away.'" - NIN from Year Zero

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
It's not a compatiblity problem. Each fighter model needs its own cockpit model. The only way to fix the problem is to make a cockpit for each custom fighter and table it. Though if you don't care for accuracy, you can probably reuse the existing cockpits.

The HUD issues on the other hand are compatiblity problems which can be fixed by adapting the HUD table for each mod.

Offline NFSRacer

• Professional aircraft crasher!
    • Steam
It's not a compatiblity problem. Each fighter model needs its own cockpit model. The only way to fix the problem is to make a cockpit for each custom fighter and table it. Though if you don't care for accuracy, you can probably reuse the existing cockpits.

The HUD issues on the other hand are compatiblity problems which can be fixed by adapting the HUD table for each mod.

Interesting.  I guess that means I'd be better off pulling the TBL files and modding the entries for the fighters in each mod I'd like to have the cockpits visible in.  I remember there was a certain tag I could put in.  Trying to remember what that is, though....
"Said 'It was up to us.  Up to us, to decide.  You've become a virus that eating up it host.  We've been watching you with all our eye, and what you seem to value most.  'So much potential'.  Or so we used to say.  Your greed, self-importance, and your arrogance, you p*** it all away.'" - NIN from Year Zero

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
@NFSRacer, you must be behind FSReunited?

Anyway, my machine screwed up my builds ability to show "show ship" cockpits.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Cockpit Mod 2.0 in main campaign
As long as I have this file in my directory

I get this message.

That normal?

Also, when I copied the mod file from cockpits it replaces the mod folder for MediaVPs_2014.
I made a back up prior to doing so and I know enough about coding to know these need to be manually combined and not enough to know exactly how to do it.
(Left is the Cockpit Mod/ Right is the original Media VPs_2014 it replaced)

I too have the same issue, as well as whilst ingame, the cockpit and it's HUD render successfully, yet the HUD is doubled, the default HUD is overlapping the Cockpit and is all screwed up. I will try to get screenshots tomorrow.

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Which MediaVPs version are you using? This mod probably isn't compatible with MediaVPs 3.8.x which might cause the double HUD issue.

I am using the latest ones via Knossos, is there a fix? I also am looking for working cockpits for Blue Planet Complete

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
See this thread for possible fixes regarding the MediaVPs. To fix the double HUD, create an empty text file called "mv_root-hdg.tbm" in <Cockpit Mod's folder>/data/tables. Make sure that there's no .txt extension at the end of the filename.

AFAIK there are no working cockpits for BPC.

I only use Knossos so how do I activate the cockpits?

None of the mods have the option, unless there is something I have to click on the mods to get the option?

You can take the Cockpit files and move them into the active mod folder.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
I've cleaned up some bugs with this mod and posted it to Knossos so it is readily accessible:

INSTALL AND PLAY USING KNOSSOS

« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 02:06:54 pm by Admiral Nelson »
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

good, Do you have plans to support FSPort? (It needs bit tuning.)

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Ok, here is an FS1 version:

INSTALL AND PLAY USING KNOSSOS

If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

I just installed this using Knossos, but I'm not really certain how to get the cockpit mods to work with the corresponding mods; for example, how to get the cockpit mod for FS1 displaying in FSPort (unless that's not what this is for).  Do I need to rearrange the files in their corresponding folders to get this to work?  Sorry if this has already been answered; I just didn't see it so far and I've been trying to figure this out for a couple days now.

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam
The mod is usually strictly for FS2, but with a bit of table editing you can make it work for FSPort too.
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

The post above mine looks like he created an FS1 port adaptation of it, and on Knossos there's both a "Cockpit Mod" and a "Cockpit Mod for FS1" on the "explore" tab of the launcher.  I don't know anything about editing tables, but I'm down to learn.  How do I do that?

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
I really like the cockpit mod but there is one problem. If you try to look backwards (via hat stick etc) all you see in the headrest of the chair. Is there a way to remove this so players can still see backwards?

Cheers :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]