Author Topic: The Star Citizen HLP Brigade  (Read 38388 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: The Star Citizen HLP Brigade
CE3 not only has real-time SSAO and a rather good lighting model, it also has the ability to do multiple texture channels with independent UV coordinates, as I understand it, as well as doing decal stuff. A basic tilemap covered with variant pieces of stuff like signs or so goes a loooong way towards making it look realistic.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Luis Dias

I was mostly concerned with the modelling part. It's the kind of stuff that I would even be excellent at, given my proficiency at Archicad and you know the whole architecting stuff. Hey, perhaps in one or two years I can give a hand.

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Had no idea this gem existed until yesterday, totally totally pysched!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/BkSRnds, RSI Aurora

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/sandwich with an Origin 315p Explorer

This will be interesting!
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
:bump:
Added an Origin 325a to my Hangar

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Chastise me all you want but... I don't get the hype behind this game. :\  I was excited at first, then the novelty wore off and I just don't care anymore...

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Modding is what I'm hyped about.

That, and a space shooter with an actual netcode and people playing it is unheard of.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I'm a shiny ship whore. Give me shiny ships, and I'm all SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

And these ships are very shiny.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Spaceships. Pew pew pew pew.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

I got my Citizen Card today \o/

In other news, I haven't been keeping up with the dev news, haven't been watching any of the videos and such, I only read what gets sent out by mail.
I did however do a quick search for estimated timelines and found this on the wiki http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Anticipated_release_schedule
Looks like we'll be getting some eye-candy this month.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/InvertedVantage

I'm waiting to at least be able to see ships in 3D (the hangar module, I believe, will do this) before I even think about buying more ships than the basic intro one.

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
    • German Wing Commander Site
Add:

+ 315 P Explorer

+ 3x Aurora Interceptor

:D

But I think i reclaim 2 of them later for the M50 or the Hornet Update ;) Meanwhile I have a few fighters in my Business Hangar :P

Download of the Hangar Module on Thursday... 3 days :(
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline Revan227

• by far, the Hades is WAY better than the colossus!
    • Minecraft
what do you guys mean when you put things like say aurora after your names?

is it like a preordered ship or something?
DIVE, DIVE, DIVE  HIT YOUR BURNERS PILOT!

(yes i know how overused this is)

Overly Attached Support Ship: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=86760.0

Yes.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
This latest bump (combined with getting paid) finally inspired me to get in on this thing.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Archmagister
Just bought myself a Constellation.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Looks like now is your last chance to get a physical citizen card in case you haven't got it yet.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Looks like now is your last chance to get a physical citizen card in case you haven't got it yet.
Quote from: Star Citizen Wiki
The deadline to submit information to receive a Citizen Card was February 16, 2013.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Several people didn't receive their cards (lost in the mail, etc) so they're doing another production run and they're allowing backers who haven't received their cards to upgrade.
Now, my card took a while to arrive, so I was on the original list of people who didn't receive the card and from some of the emails I got the impression that people who were digital only can also order a card now. There seems to be some confusion on the forums about this. I could very well be mistaken and they might only be offering upgrades, not new orders. If you didn't get a package with a physical card and want one, it can't hurt to ask around a bit.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 06:58:06 am by Achilleas.k »

Offline Darien

Several people didn't receive their cards (lost in the mail, etc) so they're doing another production run and they're allowing backers who haven't received their cards to upgrade.

Wait, does this mean I can upgrade to get a card if I got in too late to begin with?

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure what is allowed and what not. I initially figured they might be allowing digital backers to go physical (for card only). Best way to find out is to ask support directly.