Poll

How much would you be willing to contribute towards a joint HLP pledge? ($2500 is the target)

$1
6 (5.6%)
$3
5 (4.7%)
$5
12 (11.2%)
$10
21 (19.6%)
$20
27 (25.2%)
$50
20 (18.7%)
$75
1 (0.9%)
$100
9 (8.4%)
$200
4 (3.7%)
More (Please Post)
2 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Author Topic: This makes me giddy  (Read 70113 times)

Offline antsa

im willing to put 50 dollars(euros) in the game i love,  :P thought its not much i hope it helps. via paypal if we reach the goal?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 03:30:02 am by antsa »

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
if PayPal is an option, its 20 from me.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
I'm in for $30.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Don'et get paid for another month, but I'm onboard for $20.

Just point me where to donate for the HLP chunk.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Unless my math fails me, we're almost there as-is, so let's get this set up. :)

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
I could probably spare £25 (just under $40). Paypal is preferable for me for sending over my share if it's possible. :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 06:23:16 pm by T-Man »
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Ulala

Let us know when/where to put our contributions if this is still going to be a thing.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
By my current count we've exceeded our goal, it's at $2713.  Wheeeeeeee   :D

I believe the donations were to be sent via the HLP Paypal donate button on the main webpage, but Zacam / Sandwich should confirm the exact details ;)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

By my current count we've exceeded our goal, it's at $2713.  Wheeeeeeee   :D
Ah, but 12 people have voted double so far - 61 members, 73 votes. Depending on the pledges they made, we may not actually make it...

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
wuh? You're right - how on earth do you vote twice in a poll anyway?  Or is it just people selecting more than one option?  e.g. 50 & 75 for 125 (or something similar).
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
Added a poll - Zacam can change it or remove it as he sees fit. It has the option to put in two entries - use this if you want to pledge irregular amounts like 15 or 30 bucks.

Offline Ulala

Indeed. I pledged $30, so I selected the "10" and "20" options.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Woohoo! Give me clear instructions on how to transfer my money. (First time using Paypal and KickStarter.)

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
I've just put in my 50 bucks for this to HLP Donations via PayPal.
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline ViRGE

For FSO I'm willing to put in $20 for something like this.

Offline docfu

I will raise my donation from $10 to $100. I just need to make sure my Japanese credit card will work with US Paypal.

Offline Ulala

So we're a go? Where do I put my $$$?
I am a revolutionary.

Hello everyone, I'm Rei Kagetsuki the creator of the kickstarter. Sorry it took me so long to notice this.

First off I can keep an running total of pledges if everyone from HLP sends me a message after they contribute. Just hit the "Contact Me" link on the right after you contribute and write "HLP", in my kickstarter inbox it will show your message and in the header shows you are a backer and for how much. I'll keep a running total right on the main page for you. It looks like you've all already started accumulating through PayPal but it also looks likes some have contributed directly - the PayPal ammount could go in a lump sum no problem and anyone who has already contributed please contact me with "HLP" as the message and I'll start adding it up.

I'd also love to make an update mentioning the HLP project and how you all want to implement APNG.

I would like to know however what type of port HLP has in mind. I've never done any development on FSO but it looks like it's all C++(98?) which should not be a problem as we aren't using any features that would be incompatible [as long as I'm not mistaken and std vectors are supported]. Do you actually want us to implement the APNG abstraction layer for in-game assets?

Thanks for your interest and hopefully for your support. Having HLP as a model for implementation in [non-web] games will be great!