Author Topic: Maximum Debris Objects  (Read 1372 times)

Offline Aesaar

Maximum Debris Objects
Maximum number of debris objects is 32?  Ok, for strikecraft, that's fine, but for something as big as a destroyer, it's embarrassingly low. 

How difficult would it be to raise this number to, say, 99?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 09:45:21 pm by Aesaar »

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Re: Maximum Debris Objects
Has anyone tried to make "hulks" with a few holes in them where the debris would go? It would seem like an efficient work around.

Offline Aesaar

I've thought of that.  It's a solution, but not a particularly good one because you still can't get many pieces flying off, which tends to look odd for a big ship.  Not to mention that the limit also includes debris from subobjects like modeled subsystems, so it limits what you can do there as well.

Offline Kolgena

Is it possible for debris to spawn smaller debris upon explosion? It could solve this problem if you allowed huge chunks to break into smaller pieces once or twice (like asteroids, sorta). Would also avoid the oddity of a gigantic mountain-sized piece of debris instantly poofing into fire once its lifespan is up.

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
is there also a maximum limit for debris per submodel? i'm getting an error message if i place more than, i think it's six, on one submodel
that would be extremely low, can it be increased too?
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need