Author Topic: America, Happy Fourth, now wake up and smell the roses!  (Read 39555 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
America, Happy Fourth, now wake up and smell the roses!
:rolleyes:
Authorities say the gunman who killed two people Thursday at Israel's El Al ticket counter at Los Angeles International Airport was an Egyptian who came to the United States in 1992.

Federal and local authorities say it is too early to determine whether terrorism is to blame for the attack.

"Duhh.... let's see..... uhhh..... "

Give me a break.

|
V see top line in siggy :nod:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Dr.Zer0

• Got Knossos?
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/knossos/
I belive this has something to do with that intercepted call from these terroists talking about an atack on LA
Calvin (Calvin & Hobbes):
My powerful brain in unraveling the myseries of the universe.
------------------
Its all fun and games until you hit the ground
------------------
Visit my site if you play TFC and hate the way it is
custom-tfc.co.uk
[/i]

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
* sighs *

:sigh:
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline ^Graff

What I want to know is why they killed the gunman.  He was disarmed, and they had him pinned to the ground, and the security guard shot him twice in cold blood.   What the hell was he thinking?  What happened to Human Rights and a trial?  There was no reason why that man should have been shot.  They could at least have questioned him.
Originally posted by Anduril:
Dang, Graff, you good.  :)

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
Well ever since Sept 11th anything that MIGHT be terrorist acts is being investigated. After what happened and constantly hearing "we're pulling something off on ....." can you blame our Gov. from checking EVERYthing out that might have the slightest link ? ?

As far as the Sec Guard shooting them in cold blood...you don't know exactly what happened ,..news reports rarely tell the exact situation on ANYthing.
Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron, Forever remembered.

Do or Do Not,..There Is No Spoon

To Fly Exotic Ships, Meet Exotic People, and Kill Them.

We may rise and fall, but in the end
 We meet our fate together

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I am extremely glad they just blasted him down; this is precisely the way to deal with these people, cornered or not. If they did indeed kill him in cold blood, that makes it all the better, as it will serve as an example to others.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2002, 10:39:32 am by 296 »

Offline CODEDOG ND

• Dark Agent
Originally posted by CP5670
I am extremely glad they just blasted him down; this is precisely the way to deal with these people, cornered or not. If they did indeed kill him in cold blood, that makes it all the better, as it will serve as an example to others.

Couldn't say it any better.
It's a fact.  Stupid people have stupid children.  If you are stupid, don't have sex.  If you insist on having sex.  Have sex with animals.  If you have sex with an animal.  Make sure the animal is smarter than you are.  Just encase of some biological fluke you and the animal have offspring, they won't be as stupid as you are.   One more thing.  Don't assume the animal is protected.  If the animal has a condom, or if female some interuterian device, insist they wear it.  Help stop this mindless mindlessness.  Keep your stupidty to yourself.  This message was brought to you by the Committee of Concerned Citizens that are Smarter than You are.

Offline TheCelestialOne

• Man of Exceptional Taste
STOP! 4th of July was my birthday, wich is more important than all this depressing stuff!
"I also like to stomp my enemies, incite rebellions, start the occasional war, and spend lazy hours preening my battle aura."

~Supporter of the The Babylon Project~

Like Babylon 5? Like Star Trek? Like science fiction? Go HERE

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
Originally posted by ^Graff
What I want to know is why they killed the gunman.  He was disarmed, and they had him pinned to the ground, and the security guard shot him twice in cold blood.   What the hell was he thinking?  What happened to Human Rights and a trial?  There was no reason why that man should have been shot.  They could at least have questioned him.

:wtf: :wtf: Uhh! They shot him dead as soon as they could get a shot off. He was armed and shot 3 people dead and injured others, they didnt let other ppl die just to arrest him.
Got Ether?

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
You do realise he might have just been some poor guy trying to smuggle a gun through customs and have no terrorist or organised crime links whatsoever. He probably just paniced when he realised they'd twigged and tried to shoot his way out.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
quite possible indeed, the fact that he's dead means they're going to have a fine time tracing things back to anyone.  capture and interrogation is the way to go.

Offline CODEDOG ND

• Dark Agent
Originally posted by TheCelestialOne
STOP! 4th of July was my birthday, wich is more important than all this depressing stuff!

This reminds me of a movie.

Glad they shot the bastard, they should shoot more of them.
It's a fact.  Stupid people have stupid children.  If you are stupid, don't have sex.  If you insist on having sex.  Have sex with animals.  If you have sex with an animal.  Make sure the animal is smarter than you are.  Just encase of some biological fluke you and the animal have offspring, they won't be as stupid as you are.   One more thing.  Don't assume the animal is protected.  If the animal has a condom, or if female some interuterian device, insist they wear it.  Help stop this mindless mindlessness.  Keep your stupidty to yourself.  This message was brought to you by the Committee of Concerned Citizens that are Smarter than You are.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Happy Birthday Celestial!!!
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Dr.Zer0

• Got Knossos?
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/knossos/
Originally posted by TheCelestialOne

hello Mr.America ;) :p

you get fireworks on your birthday:doubt:
Calvin (Calvin & Hobbes):
My powerful brain in unraveling the myseries of the universe.
------------------
Its all fun and games until you hit the ground
------------------
Visit my site if you play TFC and hate the way it is
custom-tfc.co.uk
[/i]

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
Originally posted by an0n
You do realise he might have just been some poor guy trying to smuggle a gun through customs and have no terrorist or organised crime links whatsoever. He probably just paniced when he realised they'd twigged and tried to shoot his way out.

Like i said ......alot of the "let's check to see if he's a terrorist" is being done on ANYthing even remotely possible.

But ...tried to smuggle in a gun...flipped out and shot ppl when caught. ...umm he basically walked up to the guard's and said "Hey would you mind to terribly shooting me perhaps ? Gee thanks"

The only downside to him being shot is lack of more information from him.

It's better he got shot there than caught and go through court then prison for years or life even. I REALLY don't like the idea of my tax many feeding those type of bastards. *sigh*

But as a whole we're too squimish and too into the whole "humane" thing to fry these jackasses anymore.

I mean hell...if someone's sent to kill someone else...life's not a wonderful little world for them,...they get caught and go to prison and spend time working out or actually taking school classes ...or more commonly just getting into the prison level crimes. And WE pay the tab.

But I'll get off this b4 I really go into it :D lol
Warlock

Offline ^Graff

Originally posted by LtNarol
capture and interrogation is the way to go.
:yes:

Which is why, if you've already disarmed him and pinned him to the ground, you don't shoot him.
Originally posted by Anduril:
Dang, Graff, you good.  :)

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
Some people just aren't understanding that:D

Seriously though, NEVER trust anything that comes from my country's news.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Originally posted by CP5670

Yeah, America will go far with that kind of attitude. :rolleyes:

Offline Grey Wolf

Dammit! I need to get off this planet. Everyone is screwy....
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
Originally posted by VW-Dynamo

Yeah, America will go far with that kind of attitude. :rolleyes:

Well so far the "be as humane as you can and always give the killer a chance to 'reform'" as done wonders for us hasn't it ?

I mean...out of every killer we imprison and "reform" ...only 99.9% of them kill someone within a year of release.

Ohhhh yea civility does wonders :D
Warlock