Author Topic: Just another day at HLP...  (Read 44943 times)

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
Just another day at HLP...
Originally posted by Unkown Target
\why don't we make this an actual movie. You know, just for fun, and to give to future generations of HLPers. ;):D

and make every one do their parts! (voice acting...)
Yay! :D
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
well the price, easy to find:

http://www.digibuy.com/cgi-bin/order.html?vbulletin

far too expensive methinks

and they charge $135 for installation... you could just get a friend to do it if you aren't intelligent enough to figure it out yourself! Ripoff scams i tell yaa!

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
Originally posted by RKIF-DragonClaw

and they charge $135 for installation... you could just get a friend to do it if you aren't intelligent enough to figure it out yourself! Ripoff scams i tell yaa!

:wtf: If you're dumb enough to pay 135 for the installation you shouldn't be messing with bulletin boards anyway.... it's not like they say "we must install it for joo, you must pay up"
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Originally posted by RKIF-DragonClaw
well the price, easy to find:

http://www.digibuy.com/cgi-bin/order.html?vbulletin

far too expensive methinks

Well, I had Kier help me install it on the old dynamic server... for free.  Actually, he's writing something into vB3 partially due to the trouble he had getting it to run on our old server. ;)
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
*wonders if he gets a speaking part*
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline Reaper

• Swarmer
    • http://www.winissimo.net/ww3/
Originally posted by Carl
*wonders if he gets a speaking part*

Carl... sit in the corner and wait!
*wonders if carl can speak, or he only grunts*

EDIT: celebrate, i have 480 posts :D :D  Never had so mutch on HLP:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2002, 01:44:56 am by 542 »
There is full moon shining on the sky... It's midnight... I'm rising from my grave... I have my scythe and i'm thirsty for blood... I'm ready, i'm ready to steal souls and feed on them... I'm ready to kill
World War III: Wasteland Earth

Offline Razor

UT you just had to kill me didn't you?
*Uses Force heal to reconnect the head to the body*
Do not underestimate the Force.

Umm by the way, how are you guys doing? It has been a while since my last post.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Well, of course Razor :D:p
We're all doing fine, are you coming back to stay?

Offline wEvil

• The Other Good Renderer
    • http://www.andymelville.net
You've made me waste twenty minutes of work with everyone giving me funny looks because I can't....stop.....laughing....gmpheeehEEHEEHAA!!

:D

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
Originally posted by Unkown Target

Member1: So, as I was saying, Padme is waaaaay cuter than Leia!

Member2: No way man, Leia, in Return of the Jedi? Huuuuuuhhhhhh...hooooooooot.

Member3: Well, personally, I prefer R2-D2.

somewhy, my thoughts go to ToT and/or CP when reading this.

Anyway, I'm not in it. I want to be laughed at too.:sigh:
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Laughs@Stunaep
:lol::lol::lol::D:D:D:D
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Reaper

• Swarmer
Originally posted by Razor
UT you just had to kill me didn't you?
*Uses Force heal to reconnect the head to the body*
Do not underestimate the Force.

Umm by the way, how are you guys doing? It has been a while since my last post.

RAZOR!!!! how's the ****ty computer there?
Anyway... i hope you like it where ever you are... :)
There is full moon shining on the sky... It's midnight... I'm rising from my grave... I have my scythe and i'm thirsty for blood... I'm ready, i'm ready to steal souls and feed on them... I'm ready to kill

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Stunaep
...and/or CP when reading this.

Yeah, can't think of anyone else that would choose R2D2... :D :p
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Originally posted by Styxx

Yeah, can't think of anyone else that would choose R2D2... :D :p

ROFL !!!:D

They can both do math:D and other stuff, i proberly don't wanna konw:p
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Reaper

• Swarmer
Originally posted by darkage

ROFL !!!:D

They can both do math:D and other stuff, i proberly don't wanna konw:p

:lol:LMAO!:lol:

Offline Razor

Originally posted by Infested_Larva

RAZOR!!!! how's the ****ty computer there?
Anyway... i hope you like it where ever you are... :)

Geez! You don't have to yell. :lol:

Yeah I am fine. I am playing Star Craft and Totall Annihilation. Anyone for a death match? :7

By the way, why did I have to die first? I don't deserve that. Was I that bad to you guys?

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Who says I'm not nice to you guys :D :p:

INT. General Discussions. Day.
Fade from black. Raise camera from ground level to eye level as we do so. Pan around slowly. We see general pandemonium ensue, with forum members running too and fro, hastily gathering junk materials and stacking them up against the doors. Numerous barricades are forming all around the room, all facing towards the front door. We see Thorn stacking up .pof files, in order to rig another make-shift barricade. Monitors above are playing Windrunner's message repeatadly. We cut to a close up of the monitor, so it almost fills the entire screen as he's talking.

Monitor: Reports were flooding in at the time of this message that the enemy, whoever it is, is overrunning our forward positions with ease.

We cut to a corridor, and see a barricade hastily constructed across it. We cut to a close-up of one of the soldier's faces: It's Corhellion. We hear footsteps in the distance. We pan and move the camera around till we are looking at an over-the-sholder view of the hallway. They are obviosly agitated, and are moving about a little on their knees. Suddenly,  numerous large shadows start to appear against the wall. They keep growing bigger. Cut to a view of Cor's face. A single bead of sweat is starting to form on his chin. Suddenly, we hear him speak, and we cut the camera to a side view of his face, so we can just make out mikhael beside him, and an0n farther down.

Cor: Wait a minute, guys, this doesn't make any sense!

mikhael (other soldier): What doesn't? They're coming for us, and we blow them up?

Cor: Well, they would expect us to face this way, towards them, so that means...

We cut to a close up of his face. The sweat bead falls downards.

Cor: That they're behind us!

All three whirls around, and we cut to a ground level view of what was behind him. A massive force of enemies can be seen. Corhellion and company open fire down the corridor, shredding the enemy. The sweat bead hit's the floor in front of us. We cut to a 55 degree horizontal angle view as each person talks.

Cor: an0n! Cover our front! We don't want to get stuck in here!

an0n: Roger!

mikhael: (fires a round off into a troll that got particularly close) I think that's going to happen anyways, sir!

Cor: (Begins looking around. He looks up at the ceiling.) There!

He fires a burst up into the roof, and a chunk of it falls down on top of mikhael.

mikhael: What are you trying to do? Kill me!?

Cor: Sorry man, but we gotta jet! Give me surpressing fire!

mikhael: Roger!

an0n: As you wish.

Cor jumps up into the hole and crawls into the shaft. Looking downards, he calls to mikhael to follow him up.

Cor: COme on mikhael, get up here!

mikhael: Coming, coming, keep your pants on!

an0n: (fires a round off into a marauding former forum member) Actually, take them off! The sight may kill the creatures!

Cor: Veeeeeeeery funny, an0n! You're turn!

an0n: One sec!

an0n reaches into his jacket and pulls out three four small objects.

an0n: FIRE IN THE HOLE!

He clenches the four objects in his mouth, and pulls a pin out. He tosses two down both ends of the corridor, and jumps up onto the ledge. We cut to a view of where the grenade landed. It bounces and rolls in between the legs of a troll. The troll looks down and grunts. Suddenly, an explosion rips out of the grenade. We cut to a side view of an0n's legs. It's taking him a while to get up.

Cor: Damn it! I told you to lose a few pounds!

an0n: I did!

They pull him up just in time, as the explosion travels through the tunnel and destroys everything in it. Cut to:

INT. Docking bay 22. Day.

We open to a view overlooking the hanger bay, from an upwards slant, looking down from the ceiling. A shuttlecraft emerges through the forcefeild that was gaurding the bay from the coldness of space. The shuttle touches down, and a figure emerges. He is clad in a black business suit, shades, and is carrying a briefcase. wEvil approaches him.

wEvil: Ahhhhhhh......greetings! I am wEvil, and you are?

Figure: Agent 427, Interplay public relations.

wEvil: Well, well. I do welcome you to our cozy little home. Alpha_One!

AO: Yes, sire?

E: Tell our...guests what we need.

AO: Yes sire.

Alpha closes his eyes, and begins a deep trance. The agent cocks his head to one side, as if listening to something.

Agent: As you wish.

Cut to black.

Offline Grey Wolf

Hmmm.... Great job.
Hmm.... I wonder when wEvil will discover the mercenaries I hired to protect the Wolf Internal from invasion.... :p
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
What part wil i be playing ??:D
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Riiiiiiiiiiigggghht, Wolf......