Author Topic: RELEASE: FreeSpace Open Installer, v2.3.5  (Read 377661 times)

Re: RELEASE: FreeSpace Open Installer, v2.3.0
Well, JAD seems to work fine with the freshly downloaded file.  But I'll have to see later whether it gets deleted again, next time I check for updates.

Looks like the main files are now verifying properly.  However, I now suspect that there are multiple versions of mod.ini being put in the same place.  One of them, at least, belongs to the Freespace Port Mission Upgrade.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Mh.. shouldn't be. I updated the Mission Upgrade a few days ago, but the hashtest in FSO was successful and the mod.ini is still in the fsport-mission-upgrade folder and there is only one of it. No idea  :confused:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 02:29:15 pm by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Mikes

4 days ago I helped a friend install FSO through the installer. 2 days ago he got notified by his ISP that they detected abnourmal behavior from his connection and suspected a trojan infection. (And yes the letter from his ISP is legitimate, they do send them out over here, when they detect weird stuff happening.)

Could this be related to the installer activity or does the likely have a different (serious) issue?

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
The installer shouldn't cause that kind of warning since it only sends HTTP(S)-Requests which is exactly your browser does. It doesn't behave exactly like a browser and you could detect it by scanning your internet traffic but I don't know why your friend's ISP would call it "abnormal behaviour". Most likely they detected traffic to known C&C servers or ports commonly used by trojans. If that's the case, the warning is warrented and you should make sure that your friend's computer(s) aren't infected.

Offline Mikes

The installer shouldn't cause that kind of warning since it only sends HTTP(S)-Requests which is exactly your browser does. It doesn't behave exactly like a browser and you could detect it by scanning your internet traffic but I don't know why your friend's ISP would call it "abnormal behaviour". Most likely they detected traffic to known C&C servers or ports commonly used by trojans. If that's the case, the warning is warrented and you should make sure that your friend's computer(s) aren't infected.

Thanks for the reply. He kinda was hoping it would be the downloader, because otherwise he'd have to start looking for who knows what that is causing this, which he'll now have to do.

But I would have been surprised myself, as I've used the downloader a couple of times and never had any issues with it myself. But last time I used it was about a year ago so I thought I'd pop in any ask if anything changed.

In any case, thanks!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: RELEASE: FreeSpace Open Installer, v2.3.1
I've uploaded version 2.3.1 with the following changes:

• Speed up hash calculation by ensuring that only one hash is calculated at a time (thanks to m!m)
  • Added Hungarian translation (thanks to saznetro)
  • Fix typos in the German translation (thanks to Manuel-K and Novachen)
  • Add translations for new strings from 2.3.0 (thanks to Novachen, Rodo, Luis Dias, Nyctaeus, and MatthTheGeek)

Offline CT27

I have an issue:

In my installer list (after clicking 'custom' when the Installer came up), there's three options for "Silent Threat:  Reborn Cutscene Pack" (480, 720, and 1080).  It has 720 selected for me but I would like to upgrade to the 1080 option.  However, those ST:R choices are greyed out meaning I can't select them.  How do I get the 1080 one?

Offline CT27

In a similar fashion "FSPort Media VPs 2014" and "3.6.12" are greyed out with 720 HD cutscenes selected so I can't upgrade to 1080 there either.

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
There should be an fsoinstaller.properties file in your home directory.  Remove the lines relating to the options you want to redownload and rerun the installer.
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
PIe has the right answer.  The lines will look like these:

Code: [Select]
FreeSpace\ Port.Silent\ Threat\:\ Reborn.Silent\ Threat\:\ Reborn\ Cutscene\ Pack\ (720p)=Version 1.4
Code: [Select]
FreeSpace\ Port.FreeSpace\ Port\ Media\ VPs.HD\ Cutscenes\ by\ MjnMixael\ (720p)=Version 1.0
Just search for 720 and you'll find them.  Delete the entire lines, but nothing else.  Make sure the Installer isn't open while you're editing the file.

Offline CT27

I found the file you're talking about and I clicked on it to open it but Windows said it couldn't open that file.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It's just a text file with a different extension, so you can use Notepad++ or your favorite text editor.

Offline CT27

Do I do anything with the file called ".JarClassLoader" that's right above the file you two have told me about?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Do I do anything with the file called ".JarClassLoader" that's right above the file you two have told me about?
PIe has the right answer.  .... Delete the entire lines, but nothing else.  Make sure the Installer isn't open while you're editing the file.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
.JarClassLoader is used internally by the FSO Installer.  It wasn't mentioned by either PIe or myself, so don't worry about it.

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Something's up with the FSPort packages on the installer. Here's two people complaining about missing interface files: https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=95673.0 and https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=95596.0

The MediaVPs 3.8.x package on the installer is actually 3.8.1 even though 3.8.2 has been out for many months. Could you please update the package and put the proper version in the title (or description)? Thanks.

The installer still links to the old BP file host which doesn't have any of the BP files anymore.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Thanks.  That FSPort issue refers to a file supplied with the MediaVPs, not FSPort proper.  For some reason MV_Root wasn't present in the log of the one guy who posted -- and likely in the other guy's log too.  There may have been an error during download.

I've updated the index files for the MVPs to point to version 3.8.2.  As for Blue Planet... the link is there if they ever want to restore the files.  There's no harm in leaving the link in the Installer because it will just skip over it.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: RELEASE: FreeSpace Open Installer, v2.3.2
I've uploaded version 2.3.2 with the following changes:

• Update innoextract to version 1.8
  • Fixes to the German translation, thanks to Novachen
  • Some logging improvements

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: RELEASE: FreeSpace Open Installer, v2.3.3
I've uploaded version 2.3.3 with the following changes:

• Fix extraction of GOG setup file (new versions used a different package structure)
  • Bring the EXE version of the Installer up to date
  • Some logging improvements