Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 308831 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: What are you working on?

I modelled this for BWO 2 years ago, than some real life problems occured and I had to disappear... But now I found it. With BWO is unlikely to be still active, I will make heavy, military dropship from it, and release it.

This baby needs name :P . Suggestions?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
How about "Anteros"?

It's the name of smaller deity from Greek Mythology who is both patron to requited love and the deity you would have turned to as a scorned lover. Anteros is also identified as brother to Eros (today more commonly known as cupid) and part of the Erotes, a retinue of Aphrodite made up of winged gods - all of which are in some fashion associated with the ancient Greek views on love, sexuality and (non-marital) partnership.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
How about "Anteros"?

It's the name of smaller deity from Greek Mythology who is both patron to requited love and the deity you would have turned to as a scorned lover. Anteros is also identified as brother to Eros (today more commonly known as cupid) and part of the Erotes, a retinue of Aphrodite made up of winged gods - all of which are in some fashion associated with the ancient Greek views on love, sexuality and (non-marital) partnership.
Approved :]
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Mule or Ursus (from "Quo Vadis") or Alcides (another name for Heracles).

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Anteros is almost ready. Basicly I wanted to go for post-capella era first, but Poseidon painting is soo ugly and so tempting [at once!] so I guess it will be T-V era dropship.

I really don't know how you do this, Nyctaeus, but almost every damn ship you create can be used instantly in my campaign since I really was looking for another kind of boarding pod/heavy troop carrier :lol:

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Soooo is this your mind I was reading recently? Damn it :P ! I wanted to mentally connect to read throughts of your president.

Anyway I'm glad that my work is useful :)

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr

Anteros is almost ready. Basicly I wanted to go for post-capella era first, but Poseidon painting is soo ugly and so tempting [at once!] so I guess it will be T-V era dropship.

That one turned out pretty well, it gives of a eve online kind of wibe here which is all good to me, since that game has quite a few good capital ship designs. c:
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
With a bit different proportions (mostly longer middle part of the hull) this would also be a very nice warship... But i know, there is a shortage of misc vessels out there, too. A very pretty ship, can't wait to see it in mission.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Rewrote parts of the 2008/09 script for the 2nd part of the original The Lost Generation-project. This makes some much needed character revisions that should result in less contrived plot developments. Now only the visual direction needs a major fix and I could move on to gameplay revisions.
Work for the new year, I guess. :)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I tried using those texturing tools a few time (Substance Painter 2 and another one), but it always derps on me for one reason or another and (like inverting half the faces on the mesh on import or some other weird things).

It's a pitty, since my texturing skills are lacking.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I tried using those texturing tools a few time (Substance Painter 2 and another one), but it always derps on me for one reason or another and (like inverting half the faces on the mesh on import or some other weird things).

I may say switching from PS to SP wasn't easy. Mostly because in SP you paint directly on the mesh, and controling the program may be tricky at first glance. But controls are fully adjustable so you can rotate and to other things the same as Blender or whatever U use.
To understand true nature of SP, you need to understand nature of PBR. As for the soft itself, notable things to understand are: First: No more specular as metal/rough or spec/gloss are PBR equivalents and they are much better. Second: You need to know which channel is for what. Third: Adjustable materials with tons of options. Fourth: Mixing various materials in different ways. Fiveth: Procedural effects.

Latest workings? Briefly mentioned on the HLP Discord, I've been working on improving some of the dialogue in Exile. Damn happy to be helping out too. It's been a fun process and I hope others will appreciate what's being put into the missions I've been assigned when I finish them. Also, I finished glow-pointing the Amalthea and salvaged previous work in order to apply lights to the Syr Darya (Sagittarius). Appropriate timing considering 'tis be the season for blinking, colorful lights xD
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 10:31:21 pm by starwolf1991 »
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

I may say switching from PS to SP wasn't easy. Mostly because in SP you paint directly on the mesh, and controling the program may be tricky at first glance. But controls are fully adjustable so you can rotate and to other things the same as Blender or whatever U use.
To understand true nature of SP, you need to understand nature of PBR. As for the soft itself, notable things to understand are: First: No more specular as metal/rough or spec/gloss are PBR equivalents and they are much better. Second: You need to know which channel is for what. Third: Adjustable materials with tons of options. Fourth: Mixing various materials in different ways. Fiveth: Procedural effects.

I'm getting to old for this ****. Literally.

Might be faster to find a good texturer to help me finish some of my ships.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

It won't be :P. Texture artist is currently the rarest profession here, with no active texture artists currently involved in the community. People with texturing skills here are all also modellers. Actually I decided to learnt how to texture things because there is noone here to do it for me :P.

Latest workings? Briefly mentioned on the HLP Discord, I've been working on improving some of the dialogue in Exile. Damn happy to be helping out too. It's been a fun process and I hope others will appreciate what's being put into the missions I've been assigned when I finish them. Also, I finished glow-pointing the Amalthea and salvaged previous work in order to apply lights to the Syr Darya (Sagittarius). Appropriate timing considering 'tis be the season for blinking, colorful lights xD
...and I may say he's doing a hell of a good job :yes:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 07:01:19 am by Nyctaeus »

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

It won't be :P. Texture artist is currently the rarest profession here, with no active texture artists currently involved in the community. People with texturing skills here are all also modellers. Actually I decided to learnt how to texture things because there is noone here to do it for me :P.

We really need to draw in some talent (more texture artists).
I'm past my prime, I'm not learning as fast I once did.

We really need to draw in some talent (more texture artists).
I'm past my prime, I'm not learning as fast I once did.
I hear you there, things have changed quite a bit since I started.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Almost all turrets done. Just have to finish the base for the coilgun and fusion turrets.

Since UV mapping the ship is going very slowly, I have been working on a tile mapped version (not the image. The image is just turret setup test.)
Hopefully done by new years.

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
zods! one zod! Almost done with this one! c:
(missing some colour correction and detailing on the feet)
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Wicked!

You gonna make one in a flight suit?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!