Author Topic: New BP Screens  (Read 3017 times)

Hello All,
Recently checked the BP ModDB page and was pleasantly surprised to see an updated profile, with several high-res screenshots of the current progress (That Erberus!)
Here is the link:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/blue-planet-war-in-heaven

TechnoD11

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Some of them look like they're from the new version of the Artemis Station cutscene Darius has been teasing on youtube, in case anybody hasn't seen the latest preview video yet.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Dat Atreus, tho.  ;7

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
New Kumari.
It does not look like someone vomited tiles on it.

Offline Darius

Erebus should get a public release soon. Just need to tweak a few things and rebuild the entire texture to make it even more awesome.

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
Erebus should get a public release soon. Just need to tweak a few things and rebuild the entire texture to make it even more awesome.
Will we also see the updated Kentauroi, Vajradhara, and Durga models courtesy of Steve-O?
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline Darius

Those should already be publicly available.

Offline -Norbert-

That looks great, though I really dislike what you did with the music. The new version feel totally overloaded with the additional stuff that was added on top of the original song. I prefer the epic simplicity of the original.

Offline Veers

I prefer the first preview video, rather than the music changes in the second.

But tad acting, Welcome to Blue Planet people.
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Nice effort.

Though I have to agree with what others said.  I liked the first intro cutscene better (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giHoisIEXD8) - especially the music.

This one does feel a bit overloaded - I can barely hear the voice acting and beam effects / explosions over it all.  For example, I barely noticed the Cormorant's new emergency beeps vs the klaxons in the original.

Plus, I feel the camera angles, approach, and sync with the music flowed better in the original - but that may just be me.

I do like the visual polish on the models, though!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 09:43:38 pm by elitespoon »

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
I just watched these.  I peed a little.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
I like what I see (and hear, voice acting was the key ingredient missing from perfection). Now all I need is a full release of BP.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Darius

With regard to sound levels, I tend to put voice and effects at half volume, with music at full. I like my booming soundtracks.

That said, the end version will probably stick with the original Freedom version, as that's the preferences of others in the dev team as well.

Offline Rheyah

• Will release something one day. Promise.
Will the Kumari texture work be released publicly?  We are sorely lacking in civilian assets in the community so it'd be nice to see something of nice quality out there :)

Offline Darius

The new installation is Vasudan Admiral's Castalia from the modelling competition.