Author Topic: Submit your Fanmail!  (Read 39182 times)

To our main Cast:

What is your favourite upgraded weapon?

To our fallen Beta Testers:

What is your favourite weapon to get blown into oblivion by? (Either Standard or Upgraded, doesn't matter)
Too many ideas.....not enough FREDing time!

Offline Axem

What is your favourite upgraded weapon?

Holley: Well, while I am a big fan of any and all upgraded weapons (except for the Prometheus R upgrades, which are really like downgrades), I have a particular preference to the Maxim Destruction and Not Heaven's Fire for the sheer amount of amazing looking destruction.
Delta 1: Mine is the-
Holley: But then we also need to look at the raw stats of each one to objectively identify the most superior weapon.
Delta 1: Uh...
Holley: Technically by raw stats, the Maxim Destruction does indeed have the highest DPS (444), but it does draw a lot of power and has the pitfall of having its continuous damage decrease due to low FPS (making it unusable in the Battle of Endors)
Delta 1: Okay so anyway-
Holley: Now, the next highest is the STARLANCE!! at 429 DPS. However its a lot harder to use it since it requires a maximum Berserk level and the unupgraded version really does suck. (3 second firewait, what is this, Neo-Communist Russia?!)
Delta 1: ...
Holley: Now the Kaiser Gun, upgrades right away, pierces shield, 333 DPS, AND EMP! Even with the relatively high energy consumption (not quite Maxim Destruction scale of course), its a pretty wicked weapon.
Holley: What do you think?
Delta 1: I don't think I've ever see you use detailed statistics like this before.
Meddy: If only she put this much energy into math class...
Holley: Ah, Energy/Damage efficacy is another interesting point! Sherry, assemble some graphs!

What is your favourite weapon to get blown into oblivion by? (Either Standard or Upgraded, doesn't matter)

Group Opinion: NONE OF THEM

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Re: Submit your Fanmail!
Nobody in particular: Of red, yellow, blue, silver, and green, what's the best beam color? And what's the best beam color, even if those color beams haven't been invented yet?
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
To Alex:
Are you a robot?

Signed,
A concerned fan.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
To the Friendship Club:

I hope you all aren't being subjected to Axem's nefarious schemes too often. Any plans to go on vacation after the incident with the pirates?
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline Axem

Nobody in particular: Of red, yellow, blue, silver, and green, what's the best beam color? And what's the best beam color, even if those color beams haven't been invented yet?

Holley: Purple!
Meddy: Green!
Sherry: Blue is quite nice.
Harriet: Mmm...
Epsilon 1: Colors do not impact combat effectiveness.
Delta 1: Hmmm...
Holley: You're going to say red, aren't you.
Delta 1: No.
Holley: What, why?
Delta 1: Because it's too obvious. I need to surprise people, make them think. Yellow's nice. Or silver. Gold even.
Holley: Yeah you sure make us think...

To Alex:
Are you a robot?

Signed,
A concerned fan.

Delta 1: Wait, who's Alex?
Holley: NO SPOILERS. THERE IS NO ALEX. STOP ASKING QUESTIONS. PREPARE TO HAVE THAT POST DMCA'D!!!!

To the Friendship Club:

I hope you all aren't being subjected to Axem's nefarious schemes too often. Any plans to go on vacation after the incident with the pirates?

Delta 1: It's more Holley that subjects us to those.
Holley: Since when?!
Delta 1: When you pulled us all to go space whale hunting in Alpha Draconis.
Meddy: Or had us all traffic snowmen from Neo-Canada.
Sherry: Or impersonate a Z-Pop band to get into a high class restaurant.
Holley: But it was all worth it!
Delta 1: We got beat up by SpacePeace...
Meddy: A snowman bit my arm...
Sherry: You got us banned from the planet...
Holley: ... On to your next question! Of course we have plans for vacation! But staying home is cool too. What with Virtual Reality and Space Simulators. Why would I ever leave home anyway?
Delta 1: Because you're legally barred from entering other star systems?
Holley: >:C

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Epsilon 1: What's the most important aspect for a primary weapon, and the most important aspect for a secondary weapon to have to maximize combat effectiveness?
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline Axem

Epsilon 1: For primary weapons: damage, rate of fire, and energy consumption. For secondary weapons: damage, rate of fire, and ammo size.
Holley: He said aspect. Singular!
Epsilon 1: They are all equally important. A weapon is diminished if it lacks in one of those categories.
Holley: You sure lack in the interesting category...

To the Friendship Club:

Do you believe Noemi Laporte to be a Force Sensitive in the future?
Bonus question: From all the interactions I've seen of Laporte...is Holley a clone of her mixed with a bit of Bosch beer in a test tube?

To The Beta Testers:

No Man's Sky = Freespace 3 could have been only Mr. Beam Bar is a mining laser. Just that...

only

ONE

BEAM  :drevil:

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Salutations Axem,

I am writing to you, my esteemed colleague, on this the Eighteenth of August Twenty Hundred and Sixteen to inquire as to the status of a certain colaboro-something. 

Your humble servant,

Jno.  Benson
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Axem

To the Friendship Club:

Do you believe Noemi Laporte to be a Force Sensitive in the future?
Bonus question: From all the interactions I've seen of Laporte...is Holley a clone of her mixed with a bit of Bosch beer in a test tube?

Holley: Nagari is very different from the force! Nagari is like having special ears that only let you hear specially tunneled quantum transmissions! There's no telekinesis and the telepathy you may see between Noemi and Ken is actually a lot more nuanced than you might initially think! It's probably more accurate to say that Nagari is like an audio transmission, except you have momma Vishnu listening to everything you say (and sometimes whispering things into your ear) and pop-pop Shiva tell you to quiet down all the time (or he's going to burn your house down)!

And instead of surrounding, illuminating and binding the galaxy together, it sure seems to make people a lot less fun. Have you heard Sam ramble on about destiny and the philosophy of a great psyche? And don't get me started about old man Bei...
Holley: What?
Delta 1: Sometimes you're a real big nerd.
Holley: Take that back!!
Delta 1: So about the bonus question...
Holley: I find that question disturbing. I mean Laporte is pretty cool. I'd love to meet her and get her autograph! Discuss stuff like combat tips and how to get vengeance on those who wronged us. But are we that much similar?
Delta 1: Well you're both female, you both fly fighters, you both have imaginary friends...
Holley: If you say who I think you're going to say...
Delta 1: I mean no one's seen or heard from your apparently-real-boyfriend, Alpha 1...
Holley: I'll kill you!!

To The Beta Testers:

No Man's Sky = Freespace 3 could have been only Mr. Beam Bar is a mining laser. Just that...

only

ONE

BEAM  :drevil:

THIRD: BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAMMMMS!!!!!!!!!
FIFTH: Great, now look what you did. She's going to be like that all night now.

Salutations Axem,

I am writing to you, my esteemed colleague, on this the Eighteenth of August Twenty Hundred and Sixteen to inquire as to the status of a certain colaboro-something. 

Your humble servant,

Jno.  Benson

Dearest John,

I very much hope you are doing well this fine day. Things are indeed in motion. I am quite confident that there will be some imagery available soon of our cherished joint venture. I already have Lord Smithington-Waltercott-Smythe, my finest carrier pigeon, at the ready to send you the engravings as soon as they reach my hands.

Warmest Regards,

Adm. Axem
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 08:21:29 pm by Axem »

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Dearest John,

I very much hope you are doing well this fine day. Things are indeed in motion. I am quite confident that there will be some imagery available soon of our cherished joint venture. I already have Lord Smithington-Waltercott-Smythe, my finest carrier pigeon, at the ready to send you the engravings as soon as they reach my hands.

Warmest Regards,

Adm. Axem

My good sir,

I give you joy on your progress and look forward to the arrival of your valiant courier most earnestly.  It is my utmost hope the product of our efforts enriches your venerable project and the community as a whole. You must repair aboard for soused hog's face and the most capital port when next we meet. 

I have the honour to be, my Lord, &c.

Jno. Benson

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Delta 1: I mean no one's seen or heard from your apparently-real-boyfriend, Alpha 1...
Holley: I'll kill you!!

But which one? There's Alpha 1 The Great War hero. Alpha 1 the Hades Killer. Alpha 1 The vanguard of GTVA during Capella. Those are just the real Alphas (af) to Holley...then you have the side orders of Alpha 1s. Alpha of the 47th Red Shirts incident. Alpha 1 of some campaign with do with a user name Axem (which was a few...2-3 I think Alphas there). I couldn't think of Alpha 1 being an ancient during that whole mess long time ago with the Shivans...that's quite a 'sliver fox' you would have there. Plus sometimes The Vasudans would get called Alpha 1...

Holley is there something you have on file even the SOC doesn't know?  ;7

Offline Axem

Holley: I, of course, talk about the great hero Alpha 1 currently employed to save the universe from danger. There is indeed a long line of Alpha 1s. Some have retired, some have disappeared under mysterious circumstances, some have sacrificed their lives to save countless others. But there is only 1 position of Alpha 1, and that is meant to be the best of the best of the best! Why would I want to settle for anything less? I mean, sure, he might be older. But I'll get older too! I mean he can't be that old, who would let an old man save the universe?
Epsilon 1: ...
Holley: What.
Epsilon 1: Your reasoning still confuses me.
Holley: Yeah, well what would you know about any of that?
Epsilon 1: ...
Holley: Chessmate

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Wait a moment...

We know that Alpha One, The Lucifer Hero was been stranded in Sol after killing that red bastard.
We also know that the four Vasudans from Epsilon wing joined the Fedayeen after the event (Epsilon 1, the name makes me wonder...)
And Alpha 1 is actually mentioned several times in the Dreamscape, as being one of the first known Nagari sensitives...
And well, we *could* assume that most of the pilots who attacked the Lucy also joined the Fedayeen...
Al-Da'wa is a very experienced and able commander, the best one UEF has got...

Holley, have you ever considered the possibility of your beloved Alpha One actually being Al-Da'wa, thus being several thousand people? That might pretty much wreck your plans for the future... :nervous:

<Or we could just make several thousand of your clones, but I really doubt that the Universe could endure that... :nervous:>
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Dude! Don't give her any ideas!
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Wait a moment...

We know that Alpha One, The Lucifer Hero was been stranded in Sol after killing that red bastard.
We also know that the four Vasudans from Epsilon wing joined the Fedayeen after the event (Epsilon 1, the name makes me wonder...)
And Alpha 1 is actually mentioned several times in the Dreamscape, as being one of the first known Nagari sensitives...
And well, we *could* assume that most of the pilots who attacked the Lucy also joined the Fedayeen...
Al-Da'wa is a very experienced and able commander, the best one UEF has got...

Holley, have you ever considered the possibility of your beloved Alpha One actually being Al-Da'wa, thus being several thousand people? That might pretty much wreck your plans for the future... :nervous:

<Or we could just make several thousand of your clones, but I really doubt that the Universe could endure that... :nervous:>

:cool: How deep does the rabbit hole goes, Holly?

Also to anyone to answer this question: Why the hell does Bosch Beer end up in Silent Threat? explain?

explain!?

EXPLAIN!??!

X PLANES!!!
And while still on Alpha 1...he was also part of The Empire (feels thor hammers on his house aiming for that last comment)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 03:46:23 pm by XeoXeniro »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Probably for the same reason that Dravis' Diary wound up in the final mission of retail FS2. :p

Offline Axem

Wait a moment...

Dude! Don't give her any ideas!

:cool: How deep does the rabbit hole goes, Holly?

Holley: Shut up! Shut up! You're all just jealous that unlike you pathetic loveless nerds, that I actually have a future waiting for me! I don't need to take any of your skepticism or harassment! What have you ever done that was productive to the world?! Furthermore-
Meddy: -Holley will be taking a brief break from answering fan mail because this chocolate bar just appeared for her!
Holley: MINE!
Sherry: We believe this best for all parties involved.

But I think we should make the fact that the universe you know as "Just Another Day" is completely separate from other universes. Doctors Paul Forth and Alice Wuhl found that the proliferation of alternate dimensions comes as a result of large breaks in subspace. As you can observe, there are large amounts of universes that have split around the times of the Sol node cataclysm, the GTD Hades incident, and most especially the destruction of Capella. These alternate universe are separated by a field of intense energy, termed the Forth-Wuhl, after their discoverers, that makes traveling between them almost next to impossible. While sometimes these universe may have anomalies that allow partial intersection (the Rachmann-Mandho vector) (which also may explain your Bosch Beer inquiry), for the most part, these remain entirely isolated. Unless you have the power of a being that could be termed a god...

FRED was one such being and created many holes in our Forth-Wuhl field and as such we were able to pick up transmissions and allowed us to follow the events of other universes. Our GTVA used this intelligence to create a large selection of simulated campaigns to train military pilots. Entertainment companies picked up on this and began to commercialize them.

Holley: *munch munch* So wait, the Sam Bei I was trying to buy a Balor from...?
Sherry: Probably not the real thing, I'm afraid.
Holley: And when Delta 1 claimed to be related to his "Great Great Uncle Mackie" and "Uncle Nehru"...?
Delta 1: ...Okay, maybe they were just the actors playing them... But those are still honored roles!
Holley: Uh-huh...

To everyone that isn't going to go Supernova about Alpha 1 anymore:

Paper or Plastic?

Light or Dark?

Romeo or Juliet?

Chocolate or Vanilla?

Elite Dangerous or Star Citizen?

Wax on or Wax off?

Vorlons or Shadows?

Just for the FRED of it: Independence Day Resurgence aliens vs Shivans in some FRED missions. Envision utter lasers everywhere (Shivans can't use Supernova in this duel).