Author Topic: Fallout 4 - a giant turd  (Read 4193 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Re: Fallout 4 - a giant turd
You've mentioned smaller worlds twice now, when a quick search says Fallout 4 has a larger world than Skyrim (which had a larger world than Oblivion, which had a larger world than Morrowind). So no, each new entry does not have a smaller world. True, Cyrodiil has a smaller total landmass than Vvardenfell, in-lore, but Morrowind's Vvardenfall is not to scale.

Do you also believe politicians their pre-election promises?
11 minutes to cross the entire map in FO4. Not even running fast. There's a video on YouTube.

Even Skyrim (which was OK) was in many ways a downgrade
The quality is dropping, there's no if's about it.

Given a choice between an upgraded Gamebryo and a "better" engine with even half as much modding capability, I think you might be surprised which of the two the modding community would rather have. There are no other games I know of with anywhere close to the same level of moddability.

False choice. Why are you implying a new engine would have to be worse?
Or are you implying Bethseda is incompetent so they cna only make worse things?
Maybe you should talk to the Skyrim modders and the engine problems.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
And what MageKing17 said is accurate.  Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim are just fine without mods.  Hell, Skyrim didn't even get the Creation Kit until February 2012, 3 months after it got released.  Do you think all the people who bought and praised Skyrim before then were lying?

Do I think all the Justin Beiber fans are lying when they say he's the greatest thing ever?
What about Titanic? Twilight? Lady Gaga? Or INSERTPOPULARBUT****THINGHERE?

Skyrim was...ok. Flawed, but passable. It could have been so much more.

You seem perfectly set on calling Fallout 4 a giant turd without even waiting for it to get released, yet claimed SOTS2 would become "a 5-course dinner fit for a king" after it was released and was a complete piece of ****, and continued to champion it even after it was obvious that it would never be any good. 

So like Scotty said, you *****ing about Fallout 4 while making excuses for SOTS2 is complete hypocrisy and there's absolutely no reason why anything you say should be taken seriously.

If you're so desperate to find something against me that you have to dig into the past, that tells more about you than me.
Even if you are right - and to a point you are, I was over-zealos about SOTS2 - that has no bearing on this.
I never claimed SOTS2 was great on release. I defended the potential, which it sadly didn't live up to.

But you are right about one thing - time will tell.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Aesaar

And what MageKing17 said is accurate.  Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim are just fine without mods.  Hell, Skyrim didn't even get the Creation Kit until February 2012, 3 months after it got released.  Do you think all the people who bought and praised Skyrim before then were lying?

Do I think all the Justin Beiber fans are lying when they say he's the greatest thing ever?
What about Titanic? Twilight? Lady Gaga? Or INSERTPOPULARBUT****THINGHERE?

Skyrim was...ok. Flawed, but passable. It could have been so much more.
Which already puts it above every single Kerberos product.

I never claimed SOTS2 was great on release. I defended the potential, which it sadly didn't live up to.

Quote from: November 2011
Meh. In a month or two that "piece of s***" as you call it will be a 5-course dinner fit for a king. You're free to pass it up if you want, but only a blind fool can not see how good the game really is.
A bit more than defending the potential.  This continues to be hilarious.  You're arguing with yourself!  And really, given that SotS2 never stopped being **** and you continued to defend its greatness for years, I don't see why only the release is relevant.

But I'm sorry you think me using your own words against you is unfair.  Maybe you should try not having **** opinions.

As for why this is relevant:  You defended SotS2 for years, but condemn Fallout 4 before it's even released.  Like Scotty said, you're a huge hypocrite, and you're obviously a terrible judge of what's a bad game and what isn't.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 08:09:33 am by Aesaar »

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Ok this thread got off to a bad start and is going down hill.

How about we put the egos down, put the testosterone back in the bottle and as Fury suggested leave this until release day when we KNOW what FO:4 has and dont have
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Axem

This thread requires 101 lockpicking skill to unlock.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Killing this one off, the game isn't out yet. There's no point in speculating until it is - and if it's a turkey it can be discussed then.

Personally I hope it is not a turkey, but am waiting for launch before judging.

Edit: Damnit Axem, don't be so quick off the mark  :ick: